Budget 0-20k Basic tenkeyless keyboard

codelad

Disciple
Have been looking for a smaller keyboard - something in the tenkeyless form factor, but most models appear to be targeting a gaming audience (fancy RGB, etc.).

Need a smaller wired keyboard for lack of space on my desk, and the tenkeyless layout feels perfect. One would think less keys = lower price, but just can't seem to find any non-fancy (basic, cheap) models.

Appreciate suggestions/pointers. Thank you.

Fancy RGB is more for Aesthetics than gaming to be honest. I use a GMMK Custom with RGB but don't useit for gaming.
What does your budget look like? Cheap non-fancy stuff is a bit difficult. You can try Zebronics. If you are looking for a good mech keyboard and have a budget of around INR 15k, look into Varmilo or a Ducky board. If you can share a budget, I can suggest some good ones.

Afraid I'm looking at a far lower budget (4~5K), and not particularly at mechanical keys.

Do membrane tenkeyless keyboards exist at all?

Check this out. Tkl with cherry MX red switched for 2.8k

Save up and get a better board to be honest. A good TKL from Ducky or even HyperX would be around 8k.

There's something else I need to consider. Ducky (or similar) keyboards do not have conventional function keys, which I would find very restrictive. Would have bought the HyperX FPS Pro (that sells for ~6K), but the Cherry Blue version (which I prefer) appears to be out of stock everywhere.

There's something else I need to consider. Ducky (or similar) keyboards do not have conventional function keys, which I would find very restrictive. Would have bought the HyperX FPS Pro (that sells for ~6K), but the Cherry Blue version (which I prefer) appears to be out of stock everywhere.

Ducky has TKL as well. You must be looking at 65% keebs which work in a layering system.
Checkout meckeys. Can personally vouch for them.

Just realised there are 60% and 80% layouts. And thanks for the suggestion. Still, I'm afraid the prices are way out of my budget for the moment.

Back