PC Peripherals Battery for my APC RS1100 UPS

Sei

Skilled
I purchased APC RS1100 UPS a year back and the battery's kaput.

Now, some earlier threads I read suggested that the replacement batteries from APC are not that good. Someone even reported putting in an Exide battery for the same.

My local dealer here is giving me some other brand battery (which he says is used in Su-Kam invertors) with 3 months warranty for Rs 1750.

Many people here have been using APC UPS. What all have you people done?

Recommendations please!!

I looked for the battery product number for my APC & replaced with an exide with 3 years warranty, it's been more than 4 years already I guess, well, as good as it gets.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Unscrew it from bottom, take the battery out, unwire it & take the battery at any nearby exide shop.

That time it cost me around 500, it should be few 100 more now.

^The battery cost you Rs 500? Or the labor? I've been quoted Rs 1750 just for the battery, that too a chinese one..

It's easy as cake, just take the damn thing to battery vendor, even a 10 year old can do this or for instructions look in YouTube.

NO labor or any manager (3rd person) involved in this.

Sei said:
^The battery cost you Rs 500? Or the labor? I've been quoted Rs 1750 just for the battery, that too a chinese one..
^ he's talking of cost 4 yrs back. Most lead acid battery price has gone up in last two yrs due to power shortage. Do not buy a chinese battery. They will degrade in performance in just a years time.
I have three dead chinese batteries i bought for my rechargeable lamp. Better stick with branded ones like exide. Can you post the dimensions of the battery - width x height x depth (in mm)?

I am talking dry battery, let's say the price has doubled, still cheap?

If he can open and give you the dimensions then he can very well do it himself, but looks like he does not want to make any effort.

Well correct me if I m wrong doesn't the UPS have a warranty of 2 years then though the batteries will last only a year y not use the warranty left??

malhotraraul said:
It's easy as cake, just take the damn thing to battery vendor, even a 10 year old can do this or for instructions look in YouTube.

NO labor or any manager (3rd person) involved in this.

malhotraraul said:
I am talking dry battery, let's say the price has doubled, still cheap?

If he can open and give you the dimensions then he can very well do it himself, but looks like he does not want to make any effort.

What is with the aggression? My UPS stopped working yesterday night and I already took out the battery from my UPS. There are only 2 connectors. No big deal.

With regards to your comment of not making any effort, I posted this question at 12:30 P.M. I'm in office and can only do something when I reach home. At least read before you post.

The reason I asked about the price was that the price of the battery of my old (Rs 1500) UPS still cost me more than Rs 500 5 years back. It is going to cost more now. More so, since the battery in my UPS is 660W, it is going to cost me more than that. I'm aware of that too.

Let others help. If you want to do so too, please go ahead. Or If you're having a crappy day, go blow off steam someplace else.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sujithbvm said:
Well correct me if I m wrong doesn't the UPS have a warranty of 2 years then though the batteries will last only a year y not use the warranty left??
Only a year of warranty for my UPS. I confirmed that.

Irrelevant what time your battery went off

Irrelevant wherever on earth you are

Irrelevant whatever you are doing

Irrelevant in whatever mood I am

Relevant ............. women in distress needs the same answer in 20 different ways.

She needs help, give it to her :)

^ Very clever.. wish you had the same innate understanding of the posts that other people make and not be a wise guy.

Thanks for the help anyways. *Off to get my 10 year old cousin to watch a video on youtube and understand the complex procedure of UPS battery replacement as Malhotra Sir suggested *

I need to replace the batteries for my powersafe 1 kva ups as well. I'm in Viman Nagar...once your 10yr old cousin is done replacing your batteries Sei, can you ask him/her to fix mine as well?

Seriously though...where can I get them replaced in Pune?

Okay..just looked online and found a dealer next to my house. He said I need 2 batteries and they cost 850 each, and he'd give me 60 bucks each for my old batteries. Is that a fair price? What questions do I need to be asking?

I need to replace the batteries for my powersafe 1 kva ups as well. I'm in Viman Nagar...once your 10yr old cousin is done replacing your batteries Sei, can you ask him/her to fix mine as well?

Seriously though...where can I get them replaced in Pune?

Okay..just looked online and found a dealer next to my house. He said I need 2 batteries and they cost 850 each, and he'd give me 60 bucks each for my old batteries. Is that a fair price? What questions do I need to be asking?

^Thanks man!

PS: Congo on the Surat meet! :)

Sei / Gannu - though this is an old thread. But an hour back my APC Back-UPS RS 1100 VA battery also died (i realized this when power went off and my UPS suddenly died... it was expected its more than 3 years now).

Wanted to know that are there updates on where to buy battery in PUNE from?

Sei / Gannu - though this is an old thread. But an hour back my APC Back-UPS RS 1100 VA battery also died (i realized this when power went off and my UPS suddenly died... it was expected its more than 3 years now).

Wanted to know that are there updates on where to buy battery in PUNE from?

Posting this since this may help someone else. I finally bought 2 Excide 12v 7AH batteries from a local vendor and installed them in series like original one. The cost was Rs. 750 per battery which totaled to Rs. 1500 but then got Rs. 200 off for the old battery so final cost was Rs. 1300.

Back