Battle of the inverter Air Conditioners: Daikin, Panasonic, Mitsubishi or Toshiba?

Looking for 2 energy efficient powerful air conditioners for my clinic. 120 sq ft rooms each. Hence 1-1.2 ton inverters are what I want. I want only inverters because I have 4 of them (Daikin) in my house since one and a half years and I know how awesome they are when it comes to power saving. They cool very well.

Now clinic needs powerful, silent, efficient cooling and I would love to go in for Daikin again but this time I have the options of Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Toshiba.

Should I go in for any of these or is Daikin the safest bet?? Budget not an issue but don't mind if something is being done slightly cheaper.

Who has reliable aircon dealers in Mumbai who can give me best rates for these high end AC's in Mumbai?? Grey or Billing, either will do.

Looking for 2 energy efficient powerful air conditioners for my clinic. 120 sq ft rooms each. Hence 1-1.2 ton inverters are what I want. I want only inverters because I have 4 of them (Daikin) in my house since one and a half years and I know how awesome they are when it comes to power saving. They cool very well.

Now clinic needs powerful, silent, efficient cooling and I would love to go in for Daikin again but this time I have the options of Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Toshiba.

Should I go in for any of these or is Daikin the safest bet?? Budget not an issue but don't mind if something is being done slightly cheaper.

Who has reliable aircon dealers in Mumbai who can give me best rates for these high end AC's in Mumbai?? Grey or Billing, either will do.

Are you going for 1 unit with multi split or 2 independent units ?

Can you throw out some numbers on the Inverters you have at home, your usage pattern, capacity, service experience etc ?

Are you going for 1 unit with multi split or 2 independent units ?

Can you throw out some numbers on the Inverters you have at home, your usage pattern, capacity, service experience etc ?

I think 2 independent units will make more sense.

As for home, we use 3 acs regularly, 2 1.5 tons and one 2.2 tons. Daily maybe, for 6-7 hours. We used to get a bill of 8-9k in the old house with 2 General window ACs but now we get a bill of only 4 k. NOT KIDDING.

Matters are helped in the fact that our entire new house runs LED lighting which in the long run is way cheaper than PLs or tubelights or spot lights.

Pics of the house in the show off section please!
gap.gif

I think 2 independent units will make more sense.

As for home, we use 3 acs regularly, 2 1.5 tons and one 2.2 tons. Daily maybe, for 6-7 hours. We used to get a bill of 8-9k in the old house with 2 General window ACs but now we get a bill of only 4 k. NOT KIDDING.

Matters are helped in the fact that our entire new house runs LED lighting which in the long run is way cheaper than PLs or tubelights or spot lights.

This is very interesting, and substantial savings especially considering 3 units are running V/s 2 earlier. what about other differences between the old and new house, same size .. bigger-smaller .. room size .. and most important top floor or lower down.

This is very interesting, and substantial savings especially considering 3 units are running V/s 2 earlier. what about other differences between the old and new house, same size .. bigger-smaller .. room size .. and most important top floor or lower down.

Super interesting. Wait till you hear it.

One bhk earlier compared to full sized 3bhk.

One bathroom (hence one geyser) compared to 3 bathrooms (with 2 instant and one heavy son of a female dog storage geyser for my rain shower)

One 32 inch lcd and 40 inch lcd vs full blown always on home theater setup with power hungry 50 inch panasonic plasma and Denon receiver plus huge mother of an active subwoofer always on when watching tv). That's one room. Then add 2 more 32s. Also an always on camera DVR security system. Not to forget the always on htpc to stream stuff around the house aided by two wifi routers.

Phew. So much stuff that didn't exist in that house exists here. But power bill is still halved. It's unbelievable what a decent investment on a set of inverter AC's and a full complement of led lighting for the house can do.

Just curious, but how does an Inverter help save power with an AC?

Bro we are not talking about a power inverter. This is about inverter technology air conditioners

This is insane!

Hmm, can you give details of the lighting system, as in total wattage and also the previous house's so we can actually know how much the leds have contributed to the power savings?

This is insane!

Hmm, can you give details of the lighting system, as in total wattage and also the previous house's so we can actually know how much the leds have contributed to the power savings?

I think this is the first real life installation of an inverter AC I have come across, and the savings seem to be ridiculous (On the good side) , in fact so much so with all the additional load, I am beginning to wonder if his meter is not faulty some how his wires are twisted with the neighbor. It is really HUGE savings.

@frankmehta _ I would love to hear some real hard core details on this, I am paying Rs 7 / unit over 500 units in mumbai. I think this could be made into a sticky with the details up

#[member='frankmehta']

Please do keep us updated on which new inverter air conditioner you buy. I am also looking for a 1.5 ton air conditioner and will consider going for an inverter air conditioner after reading this thread. I would prefer Daikin or Panasonic though because of their support network.

I also second power saving of inverter ac's. I installed Panasonic inverter ac for main bedroom. It's two ton capacity and everyday use of around 7-8 hrs and power efficiency is awesome and my electricity bill increased by only 500 rs average. I will advice Panasonic 1 ton inverter for your clinic.

Ended up buying FOUR Daikin Inverters AGAIN! LOL.
2 for clinic, 1 tonners Model No FTKE35 for 32.5 k each.
2 for Fiancee's hone 1.8 tonners Model No FTKD60 for 47.5 k each.

Installation charges will be extra, and a stand will have to be made for clinic as well as home, to house the ac's. Which will also be extra. Not getting this done from Daikin as we have an AC fellow since 30 years and he has done a great job till now.

great!
frankmehta : any leads on the LED lighting, I'd like to go the LED way for my new apartment...

can you provide links to what makes you have sourced and used?

inverter ac's are a given and I'll be going the Daikin/Sharp/Panasonic way, depending on pricing...

Ended up buying FOUR Daikin Inverters AGAIN! LOL.
2 for clinic, 1 tonners Model No FTKE35 for 32.5 k each.
5 years before we got carrier estrella 1.0 T for 32K. This is one AC which we felt paisa vasool. Inverter for the same price is even VFM. Do you have any idea for 1.5T model price?

Regards,
Vijay

About the LED lights, go for them WITHOUT a doubt.

@1.5 ton is 42500.

Why is the price for Inverter AC not falling. Its been almost 5 years since they started appearing... High input cost might be a reason but then with the energy efficiency involved its far more practical to offer them on most AC's.....

this thread got my attention, getting a 1.1 ton sharp inverter ac installed now..hope the electricity consumption goes low

Sharp inverter AC Model no. XP13NRV for 36.5k (delhi) with installation, voltage stabilizer and stand for outdoor unit

I couldnt able to find any info on www . What I have figured out in Sharp inverter model 1.1T A/C is some high efficent model number ( AY-XP12GHR) can run as low as 150Watt and in some model which is close to AHXP13LV is (AY-XP12LSR still less efficient) consumes just 240Watt. Compared to Daikin uses 300W for similar capacity.
I observed capacity planning should be spot on in inverter A/C. According to daikin website upto 1.1T A/C's use 300Watt once the set temperature is reached. For 1.5T models use minimum consumption of 450W. So in 150Sq.feet room with the set temp of 25C, between the inverter A/C's there is a potential savings of around 1~1.5units for a period of 10~12 hrs(30 days x 1.5 units, 5Rs/unit = INR 225 and if used for 8 months (Rs 1800). Dont forget higher cost price of higher tonnage A/C . provided if the conditions are met.
Similarly if the inverter A/C is running on under capacity say 20C for 200 sq.feet room. It will consume full power and negates the power savings of inverter tech. Initially I thought of going for 1.5T inverter model but it look like 1.1T is more than enough for 11x14 room.

Back