DigitalDude

Skilled
battlefield-v.jpg

Battlefield V follows Call of Duty back to World War II this year

-----

Some rumours and speculations have already been out for Battlefield game that will come out late this year. A 2018 release for a Battlefield game is confirmed by EA. So starting a thread to keep track of them. Will add more info as and when they are leaked/revealed.

New Battlefield Game Releasing in 2018, EA Confirms

Developer: EA Digital Illusions CE
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Series: Battlefield
Engine: Frostbite
Platform: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release date: Late 2018
Genre: First-person shooter

Other Battlefield Discussion Threads:
Battlefield 1 (2016) - Discussion Thread
Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread
Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread
Battlefield 3 TE Platoon

Battlefield Reddit
IndianGaming Reddit

_

Last edited:
Heard they are going back to WWII? Any news?
well that looks like the logical thing to do, but since that is the logical thing to do they might do something else which leaves us at modern or a futuristic shooter,
their modern one (BF4) is still holding it's turf pretty well, so might well also be a futuristic shooter but many clues point to a WWII.
it's all just the usual speculation and no one has revealed anything concrete yet.

personally no interest for me in BF1. didn't buy it. also not much interest in a WWII title.
might be a little interested with a futuristic shooter but most probably it isn't. so will just stick with BF4 for now.

BF4 is still great among all other BFCOD games. Tried BF1 from EA Access, didn't quite like it. It looks amazing, but didn't feel very fun. Let's see where this one goes.

BF4 is still great among all other BFCOD games. Tried BF1 from EA Access, didn't quite like it. It looks amazing, but didn't feel very fun. Let's see where this one goes.
Same here. BF3 and BF$ are still amazing. BF1 was a bit lackluster. Was really hoping they will go back to a bit more modern setting for this one.

Clearly they focused on 4hr single player and multiplayer will be bf1 rehash with sightly better graphics.
I also saw that they ditched AMD after more than decade of partnership and now Nvidia will be gimping it.

Source : VG247
All-new for Battlefield 5 are fortifications. This isn’t quite throwing up shacks and other shelter as you might in Fortnite, but it’s building in general that allows you to improve your chances out on the battlefield by fortifying and strengthening key positions.

Much of the Second World War was about fortification, and BF5 is aiming to demonstrate that primarily through this new feature. Fortification comes in a variety of forms – so you might build around a ruined, shattered shell of a home in order to turn it into a viable defensive position. You can toss down sandbags to create cover. It’s possible to drop down barbed wire to slow the advance of infantry, build trenches for cover or place tank stoppers to prevent the most deadly armor from pushing too close.

Every class in Battlefield 5 has access to a tool to build, but the Support class is better at it. They’ll be able to build better stuff more efficiently, so the class is still valuable in its own way. There’s a general flattening of class roles, actually – we’ll talk about that later.

Changing the actual make-up of the war zone itself seems to be a key theme of BF5, in fact. Stationary weapons like artillery and huge anti-tank weapons can now be attached to the back of vehicles and towed around, allowing you to re-position them to best suit your objectives. This doesn’t sound like a big deal until you really consider the implications: in past games, an ace pilot could learn the anti-air positions on a map and dodge between them. In BF5, they have no such luxury.

Battlefield is most at home in multiplayer, and DICE say that these tools are designed to add to the overall tool-set available to players in what they call the Battlefield sandbox. They seem like changes that could have a significant impact indeed.

This is interesting

Battlefield bad company 2 is still superior to all the other nonsense which came after it. I completed & played BF 3 twice (both on pc and console) thus I will say BF 3 was also not bad. No wonder this game also looks like COD trying to cash grab.EA has run out of ideas they only want to earn profits.

Last edited:
For me BF3/bf4 was ruined by all those game cheaters/bot/hackers. Didn't bother with battlefield one, sure as hell won't bother with bf5.

Some of the jet players who I though have better skills, where all infact cheats. I watched a guy who dog fighted me and I watched again in a third person view of ongoing dog fight and his turns just are way way tighter, thats impossible . Some of the honest players I can kill or get killedonly after fatigue due to several seconds or few minutes of loops.
Atleast once a week I see a guys who does headshot to all players, the moment they spawn as soldier or in a jet/heli, you are safe only when you spawn in a tank or ifv.

Last edited:
Back