Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

quixand said:
Well I was on a bit of roll by my standards (a-91 or whatever that bullpup is called is awesome), then game crashed. Now it shows error Syncing Cloud Data and Origin shuts down by itself? Any one else?

Does restarting the PC doesn't solve the issue?

Nope, but incredulous it will sound, I changed my system time (googled it) and it worked. Though origin crashed, the game started fine and stats updated correctly.

Origin still has a long long way to go to even work properly.. leave alone matching steam level features and standards. the thing that EA being such a giant can't pull it off makes me appreciate valve so much. btw I was sceptical about battlelog earlier but it is turning out to be very interesting and functional.

_

the game is great, last fps i played online was cod4 , compared to cod4 bf3 has huge maps...
i usually play on inidian and korean servers,,, any suggestion on good servers with decent pings ???????
is servers by i3d.net good ??

and btw i have to reinstall windows, will our bf3 stats get saved online or is there local files i need to save ???

chhangte said:
Great time to get FUP'd by airtel even battlelog takes so long to load !! :(

I feel your pain. :( I installed my game on 29th, updates and all went fine but when it was time to play I got FUP'd. Since then I had been playing on 256kbps but fortunately I'm back to 4mbps, today.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

v.Na5h said:
Guys little bit offtopic:

how much data usage for a hour of BF3 MP gameplay?

1 game on BF3 India [64 Slots] used about 48MB [UP+DOWN], around 20minutes of gameplay.

Your stats are saved online and are not under your control.

Your config (video, key/mouse etc. settings) however are saved locally and you need to back them up if you want to restore it later....

Played the Multiplayer for the first time yesterday. Game is really great but I was struggling to get kills. The fact that the game forgot my display settings and ran stuttering at 1080p on my poor HD 4670 rig for some time didn't help either. Was starting to get a little better after playing for 3-4 hours last night but then it was too late to be staring at the computer. ANd BTW, the Indian server stayed quite occupied till at least 2:30AM which is a pretty good sign.
Is there any way to see how much latency I am playing with? THat option doesn't come in the "Tab" menu.
Additionally, how different are the helicopter control between this and BC2? If we are not allowed to join an empty server in this game, at least I can learn flying in BC2.

Bluffmaster said:
Why all this hate for Origin? I haven't faced a single issue with origin so far.

ppl like me who downloaded the game faced quite a few annoyances like 4 gb of downloaded stuff getting erased buy a bug... anyway for all those annoyances EA gave a free game code :p

_

my gfx is running quite hot at 73 degrees. I am playing at 1080p and Ultra. Getting 30-40 fps.

At the same time my proccy is going at max 50 degrees only.

Is the temperature ok? or do i have to think of some custom cooler for GFX? if yes, can anyone advice what to do?

Back