Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

Disabling core parking fixed my SP mode but MP still stutters like crazy. I had to bring the settings down to medium for it to be smooth.

I used this utility to unpark the core0 and core1 of my i5-760 cpu. It's very easy.

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility
Thanks, unparked all the cores (there were three for my case), played the game at Ultra, definitely there were improvements, in that rainy mission in china previously frame dropped below 25 lot of times, after that trick it went below 30 one or two times, and otherwise the frames are pretty much stable, it's not silky smooth thought.
Btw, when gaming is done I should park all the cores back right, for normal usage?

So how bad is the stability this year ? BF3 was unplayable for like 3 months when i bought it.
This one seems to be even worse judging from the response on several forums.

So how bad is the stability this year ? BF3 was unplayable for like 3 months when i bought it.
This one seems to be even worse judging from the response on several forums.
today was one of the worst days for me let me summarize till evening:
had few good rounds of TDM, one crash (audio loop), 3 times 'could not connect to server' error then connected after several attempts, again few good rounds of TDM, one totally unbalanced round of conquest where our team was roflstomped by the other team :p, then few good rounds of conquest, another crash (bf4 stopped working error), then a super good round of conquest unfortunately server crashed so no points for that round :blackeye:

it's super fun when it works. defintely needs a patch to be stable. presently one's experience is a hit or miss.

_

The core parking unlock helped the freezes but now getting direct x error and game stopping. The game is good but these errors are annoying.
EA should release patches soon.

The directx issue can be solved by disabling origin in game and under clocking GPU clock by 50Hz and memory clock by 100 Hz.. If u don't mind doing that. ;)

Thanks, unparked all the cores (there were three for my case), played the game at Ultra, definitely there were improvements, in that rainy mission in china previously frame dropped below 25 lot of times, after that trick it went below 30 one or two times, and otherwise the frames are pretty much stable, it's not silky smooth thought.
Btw, when gaming is done I should park all the cores back right, for normal usage?
No i would not advice to park those cores again.

The directx issue can be solved by disabling origin in game and under clocking GPU clock by 50Hz and memory clock by 100 Hz.. If u don't mind doing that. ;)

Haven't played with gpu and ram for over under clocking. I have only over clocked my cpu till today.

Same to report from me. Finished the single player campaign. Was better then BF3 "for me".
Multiplayer is the worst. Random crashes for nothing at all. Havent faced the audio loop crash yet.
At times the game would refuse to connect to any servers. Planned for long sessions in weekend and played for less than 5 hrs.
They really need to fix these errors and fast.

Wouldn't that lead to unnecessary high power consumption? I mean all the cores always working and all....
All cores will work only when they are needed to which is gaming so it won't affect power consumption at normal usage that much.

Though you can still disable and save a bit of power if that really bothers you.

@Nalin: Thanks mate. Disabled them at the moment, as this rig is my both download and gaming rig which is always on, I'll do the reverse when I have a separate download machine.

Just came across indian server in BF4. Things looking good. Although it says for indian e sports members only. Will check out and tell.

YuLdI5o.jpg

I've seen a couple of indian servers. I just add region - asia as a search filter. The asian servers usually have good ping for me ~50ms. Never seen anything as low as 20ms though

Back