Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

Another thing I don't get is why console game prices should be similar to PC games.
they are saying if people can buy expensive desktop to play there games then they have money to buy at US price but they are not looking at that one hardware easily survive 3-4years not there SP games except MP that too only 6month average
I don't own a console game but from what I hear, you can buy a console game, finish it and then resell it at a reasonably good price and recover your money. That's much harder (if not impossible) to do with PC games that are tied to user accounts on DD services.
that's good thing about console games
Also, as you said you own a store, is there any way for you to send feedback to EA/Milestone and tell them about the cancellations? I doubt it would change their minds TBH but even so...
i was one of few retailer who was against but being small no one listen . instead got mail to update price asap .

For those of you willing to shell out (potentially) another Rs.3200 for "premium" here's what you get (via Shack) -

"In addition to the requisite map packs included with membership come a number of other benefits, including unique personalization options (in the form of camos, paints, emblems, dogtags, etc), as well as priority position in server queues. Members also receive 12 bonus Battlepacks, which contain random drops of XP boosts, gun attachments, knives, and more.

As before, Premium members will get a head start over non-members, getting two weeks of early access.

The map packs are -

Second Assault — Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.

China Rising — Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.

Naval Strike — Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.

Dragon's Teeth — The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.

Final Stand — Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.

Finally, the Battlefield 4 multiplayer beta will start in early October, and will be exclusive to owners of Battlefield 3 Premium. An open beta will follow afterwards, closer to the game's October 29th launch."

For those of you who don't plan on buying "premium" membership, read the link below -

http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...-makes-us-tired-of-the-game-before-its-been-r

Here's a snippet from the above article in case you're too lazy to head over to the site and read the full thing -

" The package gets you all five planned expansion packs, two weeks of exclusive access to that content for “that competitive edge,” new weekly content, and priority access to servers. If demand should outstrip server supply, those who pay more get to cut in line.

Maybe I’m a pessimist, but my reaction to all this bullshit is to simply skip the game. If you don’t pay extra, you’ll be entering the new content against a crowd of people who already know the maps, have been playing them for two weeks, and get to jump right into the servers instead of waiting in line with those of us who don’t think you need to subscribe to a f**king service to play a first-person shooter.

You’re basically pre-ordering content sight-unseen, and paying for the right to be treated like a paying customer. The game isn’t even out yet, and EA is already pumping players for more money, and creating a tiered system where some people are simply paying for advantage.

Through the course of a player's multiplayer career, they will receive packs containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments,” the announcement states. “In addition to what players will earn in-game through normal play, Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive the 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks.

We’ve barely gotten a glimpse of Battlefield 4, and we’re already being pushed into buying extra content, expansions, content, and access to servers. EA is already extending an open hand asking for more money before I even pay the $60 for the base package, and it’s off-putting."

Several new trailers out for the game as well which I'm sure someone else will post at some point.

For those interested, the Second Assault DLC maps are rumored to be Caspian Border, Op Metro, Op Firestorm & Gulf of Oman.

So how many of you plan to buy the Premium package if its around the price I mentioned above ($50 x 64)? Just curious to know.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker, battlefield is the only game I played for the past 2 yrs. probably will buy bf4 eventually.. dunno how long I can hold on :drowning:
can't convince myself yet to spend 7k on a game :arghh:

_

Bought BF3, didn't get Premium. Will not buy BF4, not matter how kick ass it looks. This priority queue and all is such typical EA bullshit. It will be tough to stay away from DA inquisition though, it's shaping up to be very good, and I am such a sucker for RPGs.

@DigitalDude
Yep, 7k is really steep for a PC game.

It might not be a good idea to simply buy the base game alone if thats what you're thinking.

Reason being most of us are dependent on BF servers in Sing/May/HK region. People from these areas tend to have a higher standard of living and a larger disposable income and consequently more comfortable buying expensive games. $110 doesn't mean the same thing to them that 7k means to a "student" or non-earning gamer in India.

Plus, its more or less guaranteed that there will be more BF4 "premium" gamers from these areas itself than there are available "free" server slots on servers hosted in those regions. As a "ordinary", non-premium member, you might find yourself hard pressed to get into servers at all. Keep that in mind if you plan on skipping the "premium" option.

@jc36lect3r
Yep. The server queue priority system for premium members sounds like its going to (potentially) leave a lot of "standard" users waiting in queues in a region where game servers slots are scarce enough as it is.

I still remember how hard it was to get into the Sing BF3 servers when the game was launched. It was really a nightmare. Imagine that, with "premium" members getting slot priority. Certainly doesn't sound like a happy scenario. I guess we will know more when Dice/EA provide more details on how the slot priority for premium members will work...

I think the amount of time i have invested in mp till date, premium price of BF3 was worth it. Certainly 7k is no way justified for premium edition BF4 at least in india.

This is coming from a guy who have played 1000 plus hours of BF3 mp.

I would love to have BF4 but yeah 7k is hard to digest pricing
Price is not 7k, it's 3.5k for base game along with another 3k for premium membership which is optional. Just get a base game initially.

All EA games got a price hike recently and nearly most of them cost the same.

Yeah but having Premium looks worth. They should consider revising pricing or better adopt a pay per month system, it will help players pay according to their leisure

Bf4SPECSvg.png

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - BF4 India prices up on the Origin India store.

t6fdSir.jpg

BF4 - 3499
BF4 Digital Deluxe Editin - 3999*
BF4 Premium Membership - 2999**

* Digital Deluxe Edition includes Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion Pack, access to the exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta and 3 Gold Battlepacks. Plus, get the Vehicle Shortcut Bundle for Battlefield 3.

** Own More, Be More - Become A Battlefield 4â„¢ Premium Member
Get early access to themed digital expansion packs, new weekly content and exclusive personalization options at a great value.

Battlefield 4 Premium membership includes:
• Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
• Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
• Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
• Priority position in server queues
• New weekly content and challenges:
• 12 Battlepacks

As someone who has never bought "Premium", I'm not sure how "Priority position in server queues" works but it sounds kind of important considering the relatively low number of BF3 servers there were within good Indian "ping" range and the number of people trying to enter them at launch...

Last edited:
You know, if you are going to spend that much on BF4, you can get it from 3rd party online retailers who are/will be giving attractive offers on preorder. Right now GMG is giving an offer where you get $12 in store credit or $8 cashback if you order it from there.

The only USP of buying local was the low price, if the prices are equalized much better offers can be had elsewhere.

Game4u has listed the Digital version of BF4 for 3499 and something listed as "New" (probably Digital Deluxe version) for 3799. If true, they seem to be offering the Deluxe version for 200 cheaper than Origin and are also throwing in a free Steelseries QCK Mass Mousepad (pre-orders).

From the site -

Pre-purchase the digital version and get
-The Steelseries QCK Mass Mousepad
-The China Rising Expansion Pack - Everywhere to run. Nowhere to hide

McVbtHB.jpg

I think the new is for the latest price point. Maybe they have a few they ordered at previous price which they are giving at the lower price itself

3.7k price point seems very steep. 2k to 2.5k seems a bit more reasonable. Considering the fact that unlike US and UK where they have dedicated servers for online play always, paying same as them for servers in far places it not a very exciting prospect. I was considering buying this before but now not that interested. More after i started playing planetside 2.

I hope in one or two years EA will have learn it's lesson as sales plummet in India. Either that or they will simply stop publishing in India citing the ever popular "too much piracy" excuse.

Funny thing is that games like BF4 & Titanfall are primarily online games, so piracy is not even an issue as online authentication is required for the most part.

Will that stop EA from (potentially) blaming piracy for poor sales in India? Probably not.

Skipping BF4 (and Titanfall and for that matter) till it comes down to a more reasonable 1.5 to 2k price point, that too for the Deluxe edition.

This is the first PC BF game I am not buying on launch (apart from BF 2142 which I skipped entirely) and that's saying something considering I have all the others from BF 1942 onwards.

You dont have to skip it, it will be available for about $10-$15 in Amazon and other e-tailers before long. But by then everybody will have everything unlocked while you will be running around with the default guns and weapon loadouts. And by the time Premium becomes affordable BF5 will just be around the corner :)

Bought BF3, didn't get Premium. Will not buy BF4, not matter how kick ass it looks. This priority queue and all is such typical EA bullshit. It will be tough to stay away from DA inquisition though, it's shaping up to be very good, and I am such a sucker for RPGs.

I am not sure if u are just bullshitting the proritized queues in a whole, but if u are saying that its just dont work and is a gimmic, i must disagree on this as I being a non premium user was kicked many a times to accomodate and P* player who is on queue to get into a server.

Back