Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

Oh they work, they work too well. What I was trying to say is I do not agree with EA's policy of favoring Premium players over non Premium ones, among many other things, and hence will probably not spend money towards BF4.

I am not sure if u are just bullshitting the proritized queues in a whole, but if u are saying that its just dont work and is a gimmic, i must disagree on this as I being a non premium user was kicked many a times to accomodate and P* player who is on queue to get into a server.
I think you are referring to a VIP slot in the server here because premium only gives priority in a queue.
If you are already playing in a server then no one can kick you unless server has it's own VIP slots which has nothing to do with premium members.

In BF3 there are no premium servers in singapore right now, there are few in germany though.

Being Premium gives you priority in matchmaking and a chance to enter a queued server first compared to a non Premium player

Damn!

Those beta drivers are not working as expected and instead older 320.49 is performing better and makes the game playable on low settings.
DICE have released such an un-optimized beta or is the drivers causing this issue m not exactly sure..
I was playing bf3 in high settings with ease but that was not the case with bf4 beta at least not for now.

Last night i was playing it smoothly on 50fps with random frame drops here and there but it was still far worse from what it was on bf3.
I also saw this article that states that windows 8 is performing much better than windows 7.. wtf !

Now i am thinking of giving windows 8 a shot to see if it's really true but again i am confused what to do ? @DigitalDude

I already had plans to upgrade to win8 when 8.1 comes out. now will have to go that route I guess. and have to upgrade my i5-760 also. I need money :rage:

anyway DICE always releases a shitty beta. the release will be much better. I will hold out till the first patch before upgrading anything :(

_

Does windows 8.1 adds anything extra except directx 11.x update to the table that is beneficial for gaming in particular ?
Also believe me i5-760 is still more than capable chip for gaming purposes at least. Instead spend on gpu upgarde i suggest..

I just hope that they soon release the fix before the final release. I already started taking backup of my stuff since i read somewhere that DICE has also recommended windows 8 as an OS for BF4.

Does windows 8.1 adds anything extra except directx 11.x update to the table that is beneficial for gaming in particular ?
Also believe me i5-760 is still more than capable chip for gaming purposes at least. Instead spend on gpu upgarde i suggest..

I just hope that they soon release the fix before the final release. I already started taking backup of my stuff since i read somewhere that DICE has also recommended windows 8 as an OS for BF4.
I have GTX670. so gpu side i'm covered I guess. dunno exactly how win 8.1 is diff. in terms of gaming except for dx11.x

also I came across this http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1nlyj1/gtx_fix_for_poor_fps_and_stuttering/ will try those fixes

_

I have GTX670. so gpu side i'm covered I guess. dunno exactly how win 8.1 is diff. in terms of gaming except for dx11.x

also I came across this http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1nlyj1/gtx_fix_for_poor_fps_and_stuttering/ will try those fixes

_
Doesn't need those fixes anymore since i have installed windows 8 yesterday, lag spikes and cpu usage problems are all gone for good. I am getting a solid 60fps on medium settings now.

Also installed startisback and overall it's a windows 7.5 for me :D

I already had plans to upgrade to win8 when 8.1 comes out. now will have to go that route I guess. and have to upgrade my i5-760 also. I need money :rage:

anyway DICE always releases a shitty beta. the release will be much better. I will hold out till the first patch before upgrading anything :(

_

Over clock the 760. I'm running it at 4.2 GHz, handles everything fine.

"The Bad Company [team] isn't forgotten, they are just on a very long vacation," says DICE creative director.

Link[DOUBLEPOST=1380898637][/DOUBLEPOST]
All you premium players, what time was the beta available for download on oct 1

waiting for the open beta, still says coming soon
I think it's live now.

Tried the beta. The movement feels different, somewhat clumsy. AK-21 has hardly any recoil for a assault rifle. The graphics look good in my old 5850.

Back