Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

So after playing the beta for almost 10 days these are my impressions, damage model is increased so basically kills are easier to get and so is it die. Game pace is fast just like cod but it's beta so everything will change in release.
Now on graphics part which is it's weakness imo and i can't see why it is stressing my system so much to the point that i am playing it on 720p to get 60fps. Overall frostbite engine 3 has disappointed me in beta.

Game play fells like i am playing a hybrid of battlefield 3 and cod black ops 2, i mean it's definitely enjoyable but it's totally different from what i expected from beta. I will wait for the release and see if all issues are fixed present in beta.

first you guys should consider the beta as a beta and not as a demo :p
DICE uses beta to primarily test their backend systems (battlelog, stats, servers etc). the beta is never intended to produce a full or complete gaming experience ;) battlelog developer darklord said on reddit that there are separate codebase for beta release and for the final release of the game. demize said that weapons are not balanced in the beta esp recoil.

even in the final game the modes like domination are definitely going to be fast paced and COD like, but I don't see that happening in conquest etc.

_

Yeah that's the point of beta, also indian servers are there :D

I get 40ms ping on them and release will come with all indian servers if i am not wrong, Even i get the feel that final polished game will blow me away.

Overall it's a beta and it feels like that, we should be thankful that we are playing/testing it for free.

Have any of you actually tried the game on WIN 8 AND WIN 7 ?

last night I loaded loaded it on my WIN 8 partition, and really there is a lot of difference, it is clearly 10% atleast faster in FPS alone,
but that not the real story the game is way more smoother and just less jittery.
There is no way I am gonna go back and play it in WIN 7 there is a world of difference, I did not think it would be this much.
I really recommend you guys to try it out on WIN 8 to0 before taking a call if possible.

This is tested with a GTX Titan at 2560x1600 with ULTRA settings.....
...really even though its a beta most of my issues have gone after switching to WIN 8.

Last edited:
we should be thankful that we are playing/testing it for free.
Dont ever be. You are doing the EA/Dice a huge money saver. Huge amount of people will have tp be paid to test their back-end, if it was not for fanboy's and betas.
Never ever come into this mindset. You are taking time out of your life to test something which will only help them improve their game. They should be the thankful ones.

Dont ever be. You are doing the EA/Dice a huge money saver. Huge amount of people will have tp be paid to test their back-end, if it was not for fanboy's and betas.
Never ever come into this mindset. You are taking time out of your life to test something which will only help them improve their game. They should be the thankful ones.
Yeah i got it what you are saying, i am only enjoying the game regardless of beta or not because if not beta i play bf3 eventually. I don't mind to test a game if i like it/enjoy it.

I guess it's a win win situation for both.

Last edited:
Sorry for being so dramatical. A bit worked up coz of the beta reviews. Esp. the one in VG247. Its aggravated by the pricing too.
Paying more money for the same item ... maybe made worse ... especially when you have teams like CD project red ... kinda makes you think of the value of the game.
How many of you are planning to buy the game after playing the beta ??

@Nalin
Indian servers are always cursed. even with less pings there are frequent kicks (connection drops) and lag spikes. atleast once or twice a day they crash :mad:

@Infected
yeah. so many guys on reddit were reporting windows 8 was better for BF4, initially I didnt think it would be much of an improvement. but it was so shitty in windows 7 I thought would give it a try. installed windows 8 fresh, it was much much better, no stuttering and lag spikes.

after the recent patch people are saying it got a bit better on windows 7 but windows 8 is still the preferred one.

@krugur
this is the only game I play, so couldn't help, I already bought it :shy:

_

@Nalin
Indian servers are always cursed. even with less pings there are frequent kicks (connection drops) and lag spikes. atleast once or twice a day they crash :mad:

@Infected
yeah. so many guys on reddit were reporting windows 8 was better for BF4, initially I didnt think it would be much of an improvement. but it was so shitty in windows 7 I thought would give it a try. installed windows 8 fresh, it was much much better, no stuttering and lag spikes.

after the recent patch people are saying it got a bit better on windows 7 but windows 8 is still the preferred one.

@krugur
this is the only game I play, so couldn't help, I already bought it :shy:

_

Glad you could try it, yeah the differenty is quite a bit, more than what the FPS say...The game has started to feel so much better.
On win 8 it honestly feels like a much better beat build than the BF3 beta.[DOUBLEPOST=1381482996][/DOUBLEPOST]
is it just me , or the customisation/weapon / layout ui is plain horrible? was it the same in bf3 beta

Even I am not liking that, I hope it is better in the Final build, I preferred bf3's to this...
this seems too complicated for nothing.

Has beta been removed?[DOUBLEPOST=1381836444][/DOUBLEPOST]download failed, update failed . getting all sorts of errors[DOUBLEPOST=1381836497][/DOUBLEPOST]play button is grayed out

SO who have preordered this game ? Anyone tried buying from origin mx ? Its available for 38$ there.

Pre-ordered today on Origin itself, after I saw the BETA grayed out too.
Ordered both the BF4 DD and the BF4 premium.
Yep, took off cool 7K : This is the most expensive game that I have ever bought!!!!

Now I am just waiting for Win 8.1 to be officially released tomorrow, and be ready for this title.

Cheers

Pre-ordered today on Origin itself, after I saw the BETA grayed out too.
Ordered both the BF4 DD and the BF4 premium.
Yep, took off cool 7K : This is the most expensive game that I have ever bought!!!!

Now I am just waiting for Win 8.1 to be officially released tomorrow, and be ready for this title.

Cheers
You can always use proxy method and buy the game via Origin MX . I think bf4 SE preorder is available there @ 2.4 k

Back