Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

SO who have preordered this game ? Anyone tried buying from origin mx ? Its available for 38$ there.
I would suggest you not to do that, i know some australians in my clan did the same who bought bf3 and premium last year from origin india using proxies.

Later EA somehow caught it and all their stats got wiped and all their progress got lost. So they had to start from scratch again. EA is smarter than us in this case.

Last edited:
I would suggest you not to do that, i know some australians in my clan did the same who bought bf3 and premium last year from origin india using proxies.
Later EA somehow caught it and all their stats got wiped and all their progress got lost. So they had to start from scratch again. EA is smarter than us in this case.
Other than stats wipe ... were their accounts still premium ??

See ^THIS is what I dont get.

EA stated that they hiked Indian prices because people from other countries were buying the "cheaper" Indian version via proxies and causing EA losses.

Yet what you wrote above clearly shows that EA knows exactly where specific serial keys originated (as in which Country) and therefore their whole "excuse" behind hiking prices in India is a blatant lie. I mentioned in another post that technically, EA should have absolutely no problem binding AND enforcing keys to specific regions. Your post shows that they CAN do so exposes their "price hike due to proxy misuse by gamers from other countries" claim as an out and out lie.

If BF4 is available for cheaper on the Origin Mexico site (like someone mentioned), than can someone please explain to me how people abroad from countries other than Mexico can't use Proxyies for purchasing from the Mexico site and bypass EA's system? Why has EA singled out India for the absurd over night price hike and then attempted to hide behind plainly obvious lies?

Or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Other than stats wipe ... were their accounts still premium ??
Yes, only stats got wiped afaik. But they can ban the account if they want because this is not legal.

EA stated that they hiked Indian prices because people from other countries were buying the "cheaper" Indian version via proxies and causing EA losses.

Yet what you wrote above clearly shows that EA knows exactly where specific serial keys originated (as in which Country) and therefore their whole "excuse" behind hiking prices in India is a blatant lie. I mentioned in another post that technically, EA should have absolutely no problem binding AND enforcing keys to specific regions. Your post shows that they CAN do so exposes their "price hike due to proxy misuse by gamers from other countries" claim an out and out lie.

If BF4 is available for cheaper on the Origin Mexico site (like someone mentioned), than can someone please explain to me how people abroad from countries other than Mexico can't use Proxyies for purchasing from the Mexico site and bypass EA's system? Why has EA singled out India for the absurd over night price hike and then attempted to hide behind plainly obvious lies?

Don't know man, rather than going for so much trouble i would get it from indian store directly or grab a physical copy with some discounts.

Nalin, I am not disputing with you on that point at all.

My question is, EA stated the reason behind increasing the price of BF4 in India is because people from abroad were buying the cheaper "Indian" version and using it in other countries. EA claimed they raised prices here in order to stop this sort of circumvention.

If this is the case, then how is EA (allegedly, I haven't checked myself and I am going by posts in this thread) selling BF4 cheaper on their Mexico site?

Won't users from other countries be able to do the same thing from the Mexico site that they were doing from the Indian Origin store?

And if some "circumvention prevention safeguards" exist for the Origin Mexico store than why couldn't the same safeguards be implemented for the Origin Indian store as well?

Indian origin store was too cheap for US/AUS user . Most of the people got simcity for like 20$ from our store when it was available for 60$/80$ in their store . Thats why simcity was removed from origin india store , Bf4 is available for 38$ which is low but not that much as compared to our previous indian price of rs 1499 . Even amazon and GMG was selling bf4 for 40$-45$ . So i guess , they should not have much problem , if few of us get it from origin mx . I dont know about losing stat but i think its fairly safe to use proxy . Even during bf3 release , most of the people who didn't got access to play on 25th october used VPN method to play .

See i got your point :

US indians got ripped off because it is not our fault that many people around the world got premium from "Origin india" and EA has got a huge loss on that. So now they have jacked up indian prices to counter that.

I guess no one is stopping anyone from buying bf4 + premium from "Origin mexico", so there are really no safeguards in your term to be precise.

Yet what you wrote above clearly shows that EA knows exactly where specific serial keys originated (as in which Country) and therefore their whole "excuse" behind hiking prices in India is a blatant lie. I mentioned in another post that technically, EA should have absolutely no problem binding AND enforcing keys to specific regions. Your post shows that they CAN do so exposes their "price hike due to proxy misuse by gamers from other countries" claim as an out and out lie.

They are gambling on how much they can get away with. BF4 is their premier franchise, a lot of hardcore fans will buy or have already bought it even at this price-point. Unless there is a huge drop in sales I don't see anything changing.

Finally bought it @ 2.5k
bf4.png

Quick question, has anyone over here with Fermi cards been able to get the latest bunch of shit drivers from nVidia to work without system locks ups?

I have been on 314.07 drive since March now for my 560Ti and kept seeing the same complaints of newer drivers still causing issues with Fermi based cards. Anyone care to chip in their experience? I don't really need a boost in Arkham Origins, but if the latest driver is fine tuned for Battlefield 4, I want in on the action, preferably without my system being ballsed by a shoddy driver.

Back