Car & Bike BBC Top Gear - Discussion Thread

Jeremy Clarkson hints at Top Gear departure
14 March 2015 Last updated at 08:13 GMT

Jeremy Clarkson has hinted he may leave Top Gear, following his suspension from the programme for an alleged "fracas" with a producer.

Writing in his regular Sun newspaper column, Clarkson described himself as a "dinosaur", and said that the day comes when you "wave goodbye to big monsters and move on".

An internal disciplinary enquiry is due to be held into the incident.

http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31885529

He'll probably just get another tap on the wrist, make up with the producer and the show will start again to even higher viewers and ratings.

BBC needs the money Top gear brings in. The whole franchise is worth a lot and easily the most revenue generating show on BBC by a country mile. Suspension of Clarkson will cause TRPs to drop and suspension of the show even for a short while will cause a massive revenue drop. Clarkson is the one to gain here. He will have people call him to set up a rival show on any of the other networks. He can create his own franchise or groom a team from scratch to achieve once again what he created at BBC although without the constant needling from BBC.

As for the incident I believe it is blown out of proportion and the "victim" in question never reported it. The anti-top gear lobby made a massive issue out of it. The fool at BBC Danny Cohen who is known for his pathological hatred for Top gear and Clarkson jumped to the opportunity to sack him. This move will cause him his own job.

the recent events of jeremy clarkson gives me a deja vu feeling of what happened to charlie sheen in two and a half men.

both of them suffered and ultimately show had to be cancelled.

Just in.
Jeremy's contract will not be renewed. BBC still to take a call on telecasting the remaining episodes.

What remains to see is how soon Jeremy announces his future plans.....

I really want captain slow and hamster to leave the show as well, it would really suck if any of them decide to stay with top gear.

"For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations."

That sums it up.

for some reason if may and hammond decide to stay... I would like rowan atkinson to replace jeremy.

rowan atkinson
without contemplating whether is he can be a 'replacement' for JC: [which i personally feel is not, rather none]
rowan atkinson might be a good actor.. not sure if he can be a funny presenter on his own. if i am not wrong in real life he is rather a 'serious' kinda guy. and the chemistry with May and Hammond ?

PS: at present 'm on season 12 [episode 6 tonight :)]

Last edited:
Back