{Beauty} CopperHead + Mantis Speed Pics..

saumilsingh said:
Polling rates will vary depending on how fast you move the mouse. Unless you can maintain maximum speed at all times, rates are bound to be erratic.

no, not unless you're trying to move pixel by pixel. at normal mousing speed it should record a stable polling rate otherwise there could be something wrong. here are my results from the mouserate checker application at normal desktop mousing speed. only when i tried to push my mouse as slow as i possibly could did it show different numbers. it was the same at 750hz too, perfectly stable at normal mousing speeds.

mouserate0sq.jpg

compare this to goldenfrag's image here - http://www.techenclave.com/forums/bad-63860.html

i wonder at what speed he was trying to move his mouse though.

Well, i know for a fact Copperhead does 125/500 Hz Stable.

But it reaches 1000Hz at high movement speeds. Much like while playing CS at low sensi. :).

Btw.. AshR Does write reviews for Maxim Mag's gaming section. As he told me on MSN. :).

I was moving it at say 5 inches each way at 10 inch/s.

I hope you get what i mean :S.

^yea well the thing is if you set it at 1000hz in the drivers, you should get a stable 1000hz reading when you're moving at regular to even extremely high speeds. it shouldn't like stay at 125 for normal movement and then 'kick in' when you move the mouse fast.

try setting the polling rate to a lower value in the drivers and then testing with the mouserate checker app. if its unstable its either a problem with the software or the mouse :( if i were you i'd check both razerblueprints.net and esreality.com for threads relating to copperhead since both sites have a lot of CH users.

^^ Its stable on 125 Hz and 500 Hz goes lowest to 400-450Hz.

Im sure Razer will fix it with upcoming Firmwares. Whats the firmware upgradability for anyways :D. Fixing Bugs :D.

lol i wouldn't count on it if i were you :p Razer are well known for taking their own sweet time when fixing things :) the first diamondbacks had a lot of issues and only the latest driver fixed it which is like after a year or so. thankfully the sensor in the plasma version didn't have as many problems. Razer mice are great. Sadly, their drivers are far from it.

i'd suggest you use 500hz itself if it seems stable. do you notice a lot of difference in precision and smoothness between 500 and 1000? i didn't between 500 and 750.

Well i noticed a difference between 125 and 500. And also again from 125 to 1000. But 500 and 1000 are qually smooth. Im not really annoyed with the Erratic Mouse Rates until its fine when i mose my mouse.

Back