Belkin N Wireless Router - 1 month old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Hey everyone..

looking to sell my Belkin N Wireless router. Almost brand new, 1 month old, sparingly used - no scratches/damages/original accessories & packing still on.

Reason for sale : will be discontinuing my Reliance WIMAX connection by next month end & have no use for the router now since MTNL has their own ADSL wireless router that makes up for my use now.

Few points :

1) Almost Brand New, havent removed the default stickers or plastic on the base stand. Sparingly used.
2) No scratches or damages anywhere.
3) All accessories included (Setup CD + Cable). Used my old lan cable for connections to the comp.
4) Bought from Prime Abgb. Bill & Warranty available.:hap2:
5) Prime says product has 5yrs warranty from Belkin India (though product box says lifetime warranty). Any issues & Prime will take care of it.
6) No testing period etc offered. Not looking to trade/exchange. Buyers can visit my residence, verify it works & buy it if required.
7) Mode of Payment : CASH.
8) Shipment : Prefer local mumbai buyers. Either Pickup or can arrange to meet at a convenient location & complete the deal.
9) Router has good range & signal strength. I've used it without any problems & it offers better performance than the Linksys wireless G routers. Supports QOS & is 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n compliant. Security is industry standard - Wi-Fi Protected Setup, 256-bit WPA/WPA2â„¢-Personal, 64-bit, 128-bit WEP encryption.

Price : 2500/-. Offers welcome via PM.

Update - 06Apr - On hold for
1) rohan_mhtr

Product specs : Belkin : N Wireless Router

rohan_mhtr said:
what is the model no.?

Check the link. It refers to the specific model i have.

Anyways, FYI it's F5D8236-4 Version 2.

....bump!!

guys.. its a draft N router with bill & nearly the entire warranty left.

Mumbai buyers preferred for a quick deal, price offers are welcome via PM.

whats the benefit of N over G??

My laptop is pretty old and is 802.11G compatible... and same is with my iPhone 3G...

so can you guide me if i buy it, how can it help me? extended range or something??

^^ Hi,

draft N is a higher standard for wifi connectivity than draft G. For a more technical explanation.. read these links,

What is Draft N wireless?

What is Draft N wireless?

In short draft N allows for stronger singal speed over a greater range than a draft G device. Additionally the newer draft N routers also support QOS which was initially not implemented widely with the draft G routers, though now many have started offering them in draft G devices too.

From my experience :

My internet connection is currently a Reliance Wimax 600kbps line. I initially bought a Linksys WRT54G2. Worked well and was quite stable, however the problem i faced was that it didnt offer good range and signal stregth and was particularly slow in streaming youtube or other video content over wifi.

I have a 3 bedroom place n the router is located in the bedroom. With the doors closed the Belkin router was easily better than the WRT54G2 in signal strength. Though obviously the location is less than obvious, the Belkin was definitely better.

The MIMO technology with its dual antennas also helped i guess.

on hold for rohan_mhtr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back