Best 2 Player Racing Games on PS4 ?

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
Looking for some good racing series for PS4 to play for 2 players ( local ).
Split screen. No Multiplayer.

Got a game called wipeout omega collection which is great.
Anything in NFS ?
No rally games

Thanks

Looking for some good racing series for PS4 to play for 2 players ( local ).
Split screen. No Multiplayer.

Got a game called wipeout omega collection which is great.
Anything in NFS ?
No rally games

Thanks

This game is good but it saves your game plays online. If you play offline, it always starts afresh.

Wipeout Omega Collection
Gran Turismo Sport
Rocket League (Not a racing game but a fun driving game that supports upto 4 player local co op)
Flatout 4
Trackmania Turbo - I don't know if it supports split screen but there's definitely turn based time trial

If you are willing to play indie games then there's
Redout which is a homage to Wipeout and F-Zero.
Grip which is a homage to Rollcage

These are the only games I can think of at the moment.

This generation the library is even worse than the previous generation. PS1 and PS2 were the golden era for split screen racing. PS2 more so because PS1 had a lot of experimental racing games which were not always upto the mark but with midnight club, burnout etc PS2 has a fantastic library.

Trackmania Turbo - I don't know if it supports split screen but there's definitely turn based time trial

I think (not so sure) this game allows two players to use single screen and control single vehicle in the race, both needs to steer same time.

I think (not so sure) this game allows two players to use single screen and control single vehicle in the race, both needs to steer same time.

I am pretty sure that's an issue with the game in which it's accepting inputs from the second controller. Unless it's a feature like that in Mario Kart on GameCube where 2 players manage a cart but that has a dedicated mode for it.

I am pretty sure that's an issue with the game in which it's accepting inputs from the second controller. Unless it's a feature like that in Mario Kart on GameCube where 2 players manage a cart but that has a dedicated mode for it.

Yeah something similar.

ah i remember the days of split screen racing on friends' PS2. probably back in the year 2000. dont remember the name of the game, might have been gran turismo itself.

Will lookout for trackmania turbo. wow, these games are old . surprising no new generation games or any nfs in this.

What about non racing games for 2 player local. saw some Youtube videos suggesting farcry, dark souls, dying light etc. any suggestions ?

Hows Team Sonic Racing & Crash team racing for split screen ? looks lot of fun for local & multiplayer

These good alternatives to Mario Kart. I played Sega All Star Racing Transformed and that game inspired some of the features in the recent mario kart games

Back