Best 3g data plans currently or best mobile internet?

tech12

Disciple
Hi,
I had a photom plus (cdma i guess - since no sim - huawei ec156 model) internet plan which i recently shut down as the usb stick got damaged and stopped working.

I didn't see any value in paying for a new stick since i guess 3g/4g is going to be the future and there's going to be lots of new launches in near future (3g/4g etc with better rates/speed/data limits) so investing in something without flexibility like unable to change data providers by changing the sim etc. isn't worthwhile.

So, I'm lookout for a 3g data plan... I already have a 3g usb stick where i can insert a sim from any provider...

So what are the best/cheapest 3g plans out there currently? Or is there anything else better out there (preferably mobile)?

I guess except for metro cities most providers have the same internet plans across pan india but if the location matters i'm mostly looking at a plan that would work across chd/pun/har/del.

Good if the plan works out across pan India....

Anyone knows better?

I don't know about best rate plans but in my circle(J&K), the experience in both speeds aswell as browsing is so awesome in Aircel. The browsing blazing fast. Max down rates I got was 670kb/s but average is 450kb/s~. The only down side is, the internet always get reset after 50mb of data. I don't know why that is though. Like if I am downloading something, internet connection get's a new IP in always downloading/surfing 50mb of data. Strange but the awesome experience makes up for it.

I used to use reliance internet in J&K and Panchkula and they were awesome aswell. Even better than aircel. Used to get 1.2mb/s down rates and browsing was fast enough. But since last 2 weeks using reliance 3G here in Jammu, it's shit as ****. No idea why that is. Download speeds is max like 170kb/s and in average , it is 60kb/s. Browsing is shit. It just doesn't work. You have to literally use the reload button on every page you browse to get it loaded. Will complain probably soon. **** it.

If u want to use for surfing through data card then u can get a new aircel sim for Rs:450/-. U will get 2gb 3g + 2gb 2g per month for 3 months. But check ur circle first if it is available or not. It is in Kolkata...

MTNL 3G 1650/- or 1200/-
Unlimited 3G till 300 GB!
They renew if it expires in a month for free!
Just call them!

MTNL works in All India on BSNL network!

The 1200 is just 150 GB, not true Unlimited, you have to call them and explain the MTNL aunties why it got empty and after a few days of complaint you will get it refilled again

I saw some aircel 395 plan which gives 6GB of 3Gdata for 395 a month. Thinking of switching to it.
I would have taken the mtnl one but, it does not work in my place. The bsnl network is always down.

mYT8FNs.png

MTNL 3G 1650/- unlimited
this i am using it speedtest general-http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3641394764

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-27_22-54-19.png
    upload_2014-7-27_22-54-19.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
using delhi mtnl sim in rajasthan dont know about mumbai mtnl

Are you able to play Dota 2 on this? Do you need WTFast for that? Where in Rajasthan exactly, if you don't mind me asking (I'm also in Rajasthan)?

Which data card are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you able to play Dota 2 on this? Do you need WTFast for that? Where in Rajasthan exactly, if you don't mind me asking (I'm also in Rajasthan)?

Which data card are you using?
Yeah i am playing dota 2,cs go,tf2 and bf4 easily.Pings on cs goindian servers around 130-140 and bf4 singapore servers around 200.sometimes pings go high and but speeds are very constant.I m in jodhpur currently
Using huwaei e352 21 mbps unlocked modem

Wow cool! I just got me a D-Link DWP-156 (it's a 14.4 but BSNL/ MTNL have a maximum of 7.2 or 14.4 anyway, so I guess, that should be fine, right?) and will get the SIM cards in a week's time. Goodbye Dataone, hello MTNL roaming 3G.. :p

BSNL Dataone has the worst pings for Steam. I get like 350+ in Dota 2 without WTFast (in Kota).

Last edited:
Yeah i am playing dota 2,cs go,tf2 and bf4 easily.Pings on cs goindian servers around 130-140 and bf4 singapore servers around 200.sometimes pings go high and but speeds are very constant.I m in jodhpur currently
Using huwaei e352 21 mbps unlocked modem

What's the signal strength that you get? I'm getting around -90db to -80db.. Should that be good enough?

Back