Best air cooler?

See if corsair A500 available in India.
Thats a 100 USD cooler so no chance of it being around 5k in India. Moreover its beaten badly at noise-normalized testing by the Noctua D15 and U12 which are at the same price bracket. Check out the reviews on Youtube.

This Noctua U12S Black version will beat anything below 7k.

The brown version is 500 bucks cheaper but its OoS.

P.S. The best air coolers on the market are from Noctua and BeQuiet.

are air coolers really worth it? bought one at home for 11k and been regretting since. a fan is no less than this overpriced junk

Depends on the make and model, the noise is high, I have a big air cooler the size of 270l fridge that cools the entire floor, it runs during the day and it drops the temperature from 32c to about 28c, but if feels like 26c because the vapor evaporates on our skin.
Its useless in night or when humdity outside is already high. During which time I revert to air conditioners, which on average consume twice as much power as the air cooler.

A good air cooler should have a less then 21c air temperature at the fan vent, it still no match to a air conditioner which has a air coming out at less then 6c.

Low humidty in air conditioner rooms increases chances of getting cold or other viruse related illness.
High humidty like in air coolers, lessen chances of getting cold or other virus related illness but increases bacterial growth or illness also corodes electronic components.

Last edited:
Depends on the make and model, the noise is high, I have a big air cooler the size of 270l fridge that cools the entire floor, it runs during the day and it drops the temperature from 32c to about 28c, but if feels like 26c because the vapor evaporates on our skin.
Its useless in night or when humdity outside is already high. During which time I revert to air conditioners, which on average consume twice as much power as the air cooler.

A good air cooler should have a less then 21c air temperature at the fan vent, it still no match to a air conditioner which has a air coming out at less then 6c.

Low humidty in air conditioner rooms increases chances of getting cold or other viruse related illness.
High humidty like in air coolers, lessen chances of getting cold or other virus related illness but increases bacterial growth or illness also corodes electronic components.

There must be something wrong with the cooler I have then. It's a butterfly 25l model. The fan speed is v high along with the noise like a blower. However I don't think it's blowing colder wind than a normal tower fan.

For any air cooler to work you need to keep windows and door open. In m house the air cooler is kept in the rear door and every room has atleast one window open. If you dont keep windows and door open, you will just keep increasing humidity and it will make it even more bad.

About the noise it depends on make and model, which sadly manufactures don't design based on noise. The shape and finish of the air intake, blades, etc make a big difference.

Also blower type fans make more noise then say a exhaust type fan.

Bumping this as I was looking for a personal cooler which is not noisy. I already have a Crompton Ozone 55 which is effective but sounds like a jet plane taking off even at the lowest speed. Can anyone suggest something which is relatively quiet ?

Back