Best Android phone within 20k

adizz

Disciple
As the title says, I've had enough of Nokia/Symbian crap and decided to move on. Budget 20k, must have an upgrade to Gingerbread.

I was looking at Milestone, Defy, Desire. Defy interests me big time, but I wonder if there are better offerings at 20k. I need scratch resistant glass like gorilla glass as I play around with the phones alot.

Thanks

Before you decide:

Android upgrades: Which manufacturers can you trust? - Computerworld Blogs

Now, I wouldn't personally recommend Defy. Desire is out of your budget by a few k's boss. Milestone is a VERY attractive option, even though the CPU is a bit underpowered (you can root and overclock if you like - though for daily use it's still great).

Other options to consider: LG Optimus One - LG has already confirmed it will be getting Gingerbread.

If you are a bit of a hacker, I'd strongly, strongly recommend going with a phone which has a good dev community behind it and root it. Then you can install any god damn OS version that you like with custom ROMs. I rooted my Desire a few weeks ago and it was the best decision I ever made.

laemo said:
Before you decide:

Android upgrades: Which manufacturers can you trust? - Computerworld Blogs

Now, I wouldn't personally recommend Defy. Desire is out of your budget by a few k's boss. Milestone is a VERY attractive option, even though the CPU is a bit underpowered (you can root and overclock if you like - though for daily use it's still great).

Other options to consider: LG Optimus One - LG has already confirmed it will be getting Gingerbread.

If you are a bit of a hacker, I'd strongly, strongly recommend going with a phone which has a good dev community behind it and root it. Then you can install any god damn OS version that you like with custom ROMs. I rooted my Desire a few weeks ago and it was the best decision I ever made.
Yes sir, I am into hacking, modding, etc. I guess I'll have to decide between Milestone and Defy. Also the fact that Milestone has a GPU, would that make alot of difference? Defy still looks like it meets my requirements considering Milestone doesn't have radio, which is something I use alot.

I too am looking for an option in the similar category, I am inclined to getting wave 2 (s8530) just because of the incredible resolution. what do you guys say? I'm planning to get it some time in march :)

Back