Best budget headphones with mic in Rs. 1,000-1200

casper^

Disciple
Hey guys,

It's been a long time I've been here, but necessity brought me here.

I'm in need of budget headphones with the following features:
1. Budget - Rs. 1,000 to 1200
2. On-ear or over the ear but should be comfy to wear for at least 3 hours
3. Detachable cable (as the cable is what went bad on my last two)
4. Deep/Punchy bass preferred
5. Great if they have an inline mic to use for phone calls
6. Foldable would be great

I actually researched on Amazon first, and reading through the bestseller reviews, I ordered Motorola Pulse 2 which seem to fit the above wishlist. BUT when they arrived and I started using them, I find they pain my ears a lot in just 15 minutes. Also, they make creaking sounds even without moving them ... made up of such cheap plastic.

It seems that all budget headphones are made of all plastic and can't get a decent quality in this range. I also read reviews of JBL C300SI which I had ordered (but canceled quickly) and have initiated a return for these Motorola Pulse 2. But, I read that the JBL C300SI also give pain in the ears. I'd guess this is true for all on-ear headphones?

So I'm thinking to cancel the return of the Motorola Pulse 2 as I don't find the detachable cable, calling capability, and the bass and sound quality I find in these. Can live with the bad build quality ... but the pain they give in a few minutes is a lot.

Any suggestions? esanthosh? Is he still here? He used to review IEMs, I remember.

How much did you get them for?

I had got them from Vijay Sales[Thane] for a very low price of 600 rupees.They served me well for like 3 years, matter of fact,my headset ceased to work like 3 days ago,but as long as they were working,this headset was probably the best hybrid[gaming,music,movies,etc] headset I have ever used.I would say if not the best in it's sound output,certainly the most comfy headset I have used up till now.

Back