Budget 10-15K Best camera phone within 15k

6pack

ex-Mod
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: any big screen.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Pie and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Redmi, MI, Samsung, Nokia.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera mainly and 4 or 6GB ram and 64GB or higher storage.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: single sim

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: 4GB ram 64GB models

- Redmi Note 7 pro (Rs.13.5k), MI A3 (Rs 12.9k) , Samsung M30S (Rs 13.9k), Nokia 7.1 (Rs.11867), Redmi Note 8 pro (Rs. 14.9k), Nokia 8.1 (Rs. 14.5k)

Not for me, but for an old friend. He wants a really good camera phone since he goes out to travel a lot in india and overseas. He's not fond of actual cameras since they're bulky for him.
He wants high capacity storage phones. Probably his son will buy from FK or Amazon. I was thinking of notchless phones, but most of the new phones seem to have notch now.

which of phones above have the best camera?

Last edited:
Look for Sony RX100 series. They are amazing and compact, like can take pictures much better than PnS camera in size of PnS camera.

Also why not consider Nokia 8.1 ?

He has an old point and shoot. He doesn't want to spend extra money on two different electronic items. His phone is like 3 years old now and slow. So he wants a phone only.

What is the price of Nokia 8.1 with 4/64 GB?
Edit: it's Rs.14.5k. Guess I'll add this to the list too. The pics on Amazon are excellent.
Post automatically merged:

There's a Redmi 7S too for 11k. Is it better than 7 pro? Specs of camera seem about the same.

Last edited:
On a XDA thread one of the users suggested Motorola One Vision. Mainly because it has OIS.
Considerr Motorola One Vision :
* hi resolution FullHD+ screen, very clear, very nice (no sh1tty low-res pentile screen)
* no PWM for screen dimming, uses DC dimming
* OIS optical stabilisation for camera ( = long exposure, night photos look like shoot during day )
* NFC
* water splash certification
* 3.5mm jack
* and of course Android One

PS: color reproduction on MI A3 screen is NONEXISTENT, it is massively oversaturated, red color intensity is disturbing

I told him to get the Nokia 8.1. Zeiss lens, waterproof, HDR10, SD 710, Android One device.

Of course I gave him the other options too. I think he wants the Redmi Note 8 pro. Since most of his family, friends etc all have a Redmi Note phone (including me, lol).

Moto One vision is above his budget by 2k. There's a lot of phones in that 18k bracket which are good mid range phones and have really good camera. Old people dont want to spend s much on phones though. For them even 10k is too much.

He has an old point and shoot. He doesn't want to spend extra money on two different electronic items.
Which old point and shoot ? mention the model number. Let's see how his camera stacks up against the RX100

See, if he's big into camera then it isn't the phone he should replace but rather the camera.

Let him get any phone he wants.

But you cannot expect to get a good camera phone, brand new that is which even remotely qualifies as having a good camera at the budget mentioned.

Even a RX100 will cost more but older variants will be cheaper now so only slightly more.

He has an old point and shoot.
Point and shoot are with sensor size 1/2.3" where as Sony RX100 is 1"; following image is for comparison of sensor size. There will be difference of day and night between current PnS he is having vs Sony RX100. AFAIK, largest sensor available on a smartphone maxes out at 1/1.33"

View attachment 83049

However, if intention to get everything - best possible - in a given budget, I think we are between Nokia 8.1 (1/2.55" sensor) and Motorola One Vision (1/2" sensor) !

Point and shoot are with sensor size 1/2.3" where as Sony RX100 is 1"; following image is for comparison of sensor size. There will be difference of day and night between current PnS he is having vs Sony RX100. AFAIK, largest sensor available on a smartphone maxes out at 1/1.33"

View attachment 83049

However, if intention to get everything - best possible - in a given budget, I think we are between Nokia 8.1 (1/2.55" sensor) and Motorola One Vision (1/2" sensor) !
Dont compare with Motorola, Just install GCam in Nokia 8.1 and see the results of the pics taken. They are Awesome.

Problem with Note 8 pro is the Mediatek chip, Both the Note 8 Pro and Nokia 8.1 wont support custom ROMs. Is there any phone in this budget better than the Mi Note 7/A3 series ? (With respect to camera and performance)

Ads that get pushed to this Poco ?
Not really sure. I think since it was a premium phone, it may have been exempt from ads.
It does have the crappy inbuilt apps(Mi Video and other apps). But I think they can be blocked from showing notifications.
Also I think you can use the adblockers for complete blocking of ads.

Not really sure. I think since it was a premium phone, it may have been exempt from ads.
See here

I was surprised to hear this because in all the excitement at launch for the price NOBODY said a thing about an ad sponsored model with the Poco F1 !!!

It does have the crappy inbuilt apps(Mi Video and other apps). But I think they can be blocked from showing notifications.
Also I think you can use the adblockers for complete blocking of ads.
Even custom ROMs are no help.

Back