best ceiling fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: best ceiling fans ????????

I have simple white Crompton Greaves (bought in 2005) fans in my house in my flat and pearl white (with gray cirle) Havell's (bought in 2009) fans at my dad's house. Havell's is relatively new as a company I think. I have white Usha bathroom exhaust fans.

On comparing Crompton Greaves and Havell's, I pefer Crompton Greaves as they are less noisy(better quality of bearings perhaps). Havell's don't seem to be of good quality. I like the Usha bathroom fans that I have. They are quite silent and seem to be of good quality.

I have Crompton Greaves electronic start tubelight holders and Usha Lexus electronic start tubelight holders at my dad's. I prefer the Usha Lexus as they manage to start the tube very quick.

Whats the power consumption of those like. I think in 2005 there was no BEE rating for ceiling fans. I want low power as well but the noise should be not pretty loud...

+1 for Orient, I never saw any orient fan in Secondhand market or with bhangarwala nor across any family or friends who is not satisfied with orient fans. We have 4 orients fan, 1 of them serving from last 20-25 yrs, no complaint so far... touch wood.

If still you want to see another brand than go with Unique Fans.

connect said:
its 60 watts i guess some small fans even consume 40 watts
Well as i have said before i too was in the look out for the energy efficient fans and the USHA had the lowest power consumption at 43watts, it also isn't small at 1200mm its rather big or the standard size yet it consumes the least.

In the other floor i still have orient fans running for around for a decade or so with no problems ,its just that the power consumption is quite a lot compared to the fans like USHA which have the lowest power consumption.

I have Crompton Greaves at home. But for some reason I have to change the capacitor every year.

Have 20 Havells fans here, recently one of them went kaput, logged complain, guy doesnt come for 3 days, called up call center again, gave me a local number, and the guy sent the engineer in 1hr, they didnt hav the spare asked for 2 day, then came with wrong spares, dad was uber pissed, so bashed him verbally left right and center, caled up local office and they gave immediate new replacement.. :)

Mixed response, but result was good..

The engineers suck though..The same guys work for bajaj also..

Had old polar fans, they came in awesome painted designs, and 7 yrs warranty..work rock solid..pity the company shut down..

My preference is CG . We have one usha probably 36 years old, 2 orient, 1 CG, 1 polar, 1 local Rs 500 fan. Usha is very heavy. She takes her own sweet time to start. Once she is on her move its a air blast. Just for the heck of it, I replaced the capacitor but no luck the same old start. Orient we have for 20 years, twice the coil gone kaput and got recoiled, performance is o.k. Local fan was running good but the problem is with the frequent capacitor change needed. Polar when we bought has 7 years warranty. She is probably 10 years old, changed the capacitor twice, we use a lot. The speed is slow but the blade angle is positive so we get more air compared to orient, local fan. When we are looking for a new fan we asked for polar and heard it has 1 year warranty. Felt very bad that the quality is par below the polar we had. Then we check the CG it is quite good. It beats Polar by quite a margin. when you turn on both fans you feel the air isnt coming from polar. The other option is Almonard. We have the industry type axial fan it quite good. I have not checked their ceiling fan. For floor stander and table fan I found Remy is quite good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

baccilus said:
I have Crompton Greaves at home. But for some reason I have to change the capacitor every year.

Are you using dimmer or regulator. If you are using dimmer Rs 50 one then that is the reason. Go for the Triac based regulator. Anchor Penta has one with 4 speed control.

The new ushas which have the lowest power consumption in india and are very light,part of the reason why they are efficient.

Hey,
I have been using The Fan Studio Ceiling Fan for a year now.
They are very very energy efficient and save a lot on electricity bills. They are quiet and has a good speed. They also come with a remote control which can be used to set timers, fan speed and other useful sleep modes.
They have done a good job with the product. It is definitely recommended.

I beg to differ on your post. Your post looks like an advertisement for some unknown fan company at the moment. What is the proof these fans save energy? Any wattage numbers? Those huge capacitors in the images show these are just ordinary fans with ordinary motors having to do more work due to the increased weight on them by using wood and other heavy metals. I doubt whether they save any electricity at all compared to even ordinary ceiling fans which consume 65W - 75W energy while running.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's definitely a Ad post, since not a single product in their catalogue is a energy efficient fan, every fan in their catalog consume around 70 to 80w+. I bet you could buy a half dozen BLDC fans for the price of one of their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back