Video best D2H service

viktik

Disciple
which is the best D@H service in india.
picture quality should be good.
i should be able to choose which channel i want to subscribe.
i should be able to unsubscribe channels easily.
maximum of full HD resolution should be there.

i have heard tata sky lets user choose individual channels.

Most of them are almost same. Just have a careful look at the packages offered and then you can choose. All DTH operators offer a-la-crate packs over a base packs but they come out costlier.
Tata Sky packs are take all or leave all type packs. For e.g in pack you either have all english entertainment channels or none. Same goes for kids or sports. Airtel DTH will offer you packages with a mix of channels from all genres, so ultimately it boils down to individual's choice. Tata Sky EPG is better but Airtel UI is better.
DISH TV offers most stable signal in case of rains and also is cheaper. However UI or EPG is not that good

does anyone know if i can for example use an airtel dish antenna but plug in a tata sky box? this is because my former complex had a mother antenna and the new apartment has individual dish antennas and I can reuse the airtel dish antenna on my tata sky subscription?
plz advise? also is airtel cheaper than tata sky? and whats a good pack with sports and HD?

does anyone know if i can for example use an airtel dish antenna but plug in a tata sky box? this is because my former complex had a mother antenna and the new apartment has individual dish antennas and I can reuse the airtel dish antenna on my tata sky subscription?
plz advise? also is airtel cheaper than tata sky? and whats a good pack with sports and HD?

The hardware should work (antenna + LNB) but alignment would be different.

http://telecomtalk.info/a-handy-gui...for-broadcasting-dth-signals-in-india/141807/

anyone on airtel here? watching the english movie and sports combo channels with HD enabled ends up being 600 bucks a month!
WTF??? tatasky was el cheapo price wise compared to this!

any ideas, suggestions or recommendations around airtel?

^^ Same here. I end up spending around 630 rs per month for HD channels and English entertainment channels. Not sure if it will work out cheaper with other providers.

Tata sky universal remote was giving issues, called Tatasky helpline and they replaced it at home for 200 (from balance) next morning and the guy even programmed it like the old one. Online prices were 200-300 (not original). Just saying incase someone gets into hassle, these guys were super convenient, original remote. Ordered at 10pm reached at 11am next day.

anyone on airtel here? watching the english movie and sports combo channels with HD enabled ends up being 600 bucks a month!
WTF??? tatasky was el cheapo price wise compared to this!

any ideas, suggestions or recommendations around airtel?

^^ Same here. I end up spending around 630 rs per month for HD channels and English entertainment channels. Not sure if it will work out cheaper with other providers.

I just checked my account and Airtel Website and found that they have revised their packs. The new packs are similar to those offered by Tata Sky where you get Engligh channels ( entertainment + movies) only in the highest pack. Earlier we use to get some channel in every pack.

However Most English Channels (Star world /AXN/ and Sports Channels are available in HD. So take a base pack of lowest value and top it up with MAX HD Pack (Rs.225).
For example you can subscribe to Value Prime Pack plus Max HD pack. 276 +225 Total Rs. 501 p.m. Earlier I subscribed to Economy sports Plus pack Along with MaX HD pack,( 381 +225 = 581 ) but now since that pack is no longer there I'll go for Value Prime plus Max HD when it comes for renewal.

You can also take the Annual pack to bring down cost further. ( 12 months at the cost of 10 months).

All providers have their 'All Channels' pack in the range of 600-700.
Right now, I think Tata Sky has the most number of HD channels. I have STBs of Airtel, Videocon and Tata Sky. I am thinking of shifting to Tata Sky now and have decided that from now on I won't be going for any of the long-term packs as then I can keep switching between the various providers according to my needs.

OT - Finally HBO is gonna come in HD as well.

Only videocon provides 1080p.. Rest all providers are 1080i..
I'm using videocon and the clarity is great.. Only downside is the UI.. its very slow..

Need to renew my subscription. Local cablewallah is charging 3.5K for HD box without USB recording and 5.5K for all channels. Using D2H now. Will be taking an additional STB as well!

Same boat as the OP. Finally need a DTH provider. Honestly All I want are all the sports channels (including HD) thanks to Star changing football to Star Sports Select (which isn't available on the non hd) Hell, If I could just subscribe to the HD pack without a base package

Same boat as the OP. Finally need a DTH provider. Honestly All I want are all the sports channels (including HD) thanks to Star changing football to Star Sports Select (which isn't available on the non hd) Hell, If I could just subscribe to the HD pack without a base package
I will be shifting to Tata Sky for the same reasons.
Ultra pack (530) + HD Access fess (175) is what will get me all the HD channels.
Currently paying 650 on Videocon but the no of HD channels are quite less. I had shifted from Tata Sky to Videocon in October 2015 because at that time Videocon were providing a lot more HD channels than Tata Sky.

Edit - Just checked and they now have a Ultra Plus HD pack which provides all the channels they have for 8k a year. I think that if any new channel gets added, that will get automatically activated for this pack, but I need to confirm this with them. At 8k it works out to 666p.m. and that's how much I am paying with Videocon so shifting to Tata Sky makes more sense since I already have a Tata Sky set-top box as well.

Last edited:
I will be shifting to Tata Sky for the same reasons.
Ultra pack (530) + HD Access fess (175) is what will get me all the HD channels.
Currently paying 650 on Videocon but the no of HD channels are quite less. I had shifted from Tata Sky to Videocon in October 2015 because at that time Videocon were providing a lot more HD channels than Tata Sky.

Edit - Just checked and they now have a Ultra Plus HD pack which provides all the channels they have for 8k a year. I think that if any new channel gets added, that will get automatically activated for this pack, but I need to confirm this with them. At 8k it works out to 666p.m. and that's how much I am paying with Videocon so shifting to Tata Sky makes more sense since I already have a Tata Sky set-top box as well.

TataSky has an offer running where SD to HD upgrade is at 1500. It includes HD set-top box and 1 year of HD access fee.

Back