Audio Best Earphones Under 2k?

You can look at SMC International's deal thread -- The SoundMAGIC E10M and E30 are worthy contenders.

What kind of music do you listen to, it will affect the choice of IEM's by a fair margin.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Nah. Don't really wan the Brainwavz/ Heard a lot of negative things about them,

I have a BRAINWAVZ M1 and am pretty happy with it but, music is a speculative subject if I like it, you might not and vice-versa.

So this leaves only the SoundMAGIC E10M fit for you in my views, here are a few reviews for the same --> Review | SoundMAGIC E10 / Soundmagic E10 Review | Anything But iPod / SoundMAGIC E30 Review / Soundmagic E30 Review | Anything But iPod.

@Crazysah you can purchase the SoundMAGIC E30 from SMC International [Nehru Place], they have a deal thread going on --> http://www.techenclave.com/smc-internl/magic-sound-smc-international-129472/p2/#post1612231, so contact them and find out if the latest pricing. Pick it up in person and you should be good to go.

Apart from that the MEElectronic's are not available directly [under warranty cover] in India. You will have to import them from abroad which I feel is not worth it.

I have not heard the TekFusion Twinwoofers, just read about them and flipkart reviews are bunkum so I am tagging @esanthosh here, he can give you the most unbiased views about audio peripherals [also he has a pair of Twinwoofers on him].

Amongst the 3 you have short-listed I will vote for the SoundMAGIC E30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, MEElectronics page lists quite a few dealers compared to before (where there was only ...)

Available in Store
INSPIRE NGRT Systems
Pvt. Ltd. 55, Dr.R.P
Bannerjee Marg,
Dhantoli, Nagpur - 440012.
Tel: +91 712 2443351

You can buy them with local warranty. But I doubt if all the models are available, especially the P versions. I searched eBay India and could not find M6 for a decent price (which to be fair should be much less for such an old model). May be, the best way is to import it by buying directly from MEE. One need not worry about sending them back for warranty. My friend recently had issue with CC51 and he only needed to send a photo of the IEM with the cut wires - a practice that has long been followed by Thomas of Xears. But be warned that Customs / Postal department may have developed a specific liking to MEE IEMs - my friends' CC51 replacement never arrived. Another TE member ordered 2 x M6 in a deal, but his original and replacement shipment never arrived - at least to my knowledge. Just saying... ;)

That out of the way, I like E30 a lot better than Tekfusion Twinwoofers. Unless one is a fan of bright sound signature and/or their source compensates for the variations in TW's FR, I would pick E30 easily. Even yesterday, there was a query in a different thread about E30 vs TW. I did write a long reply, only to delete it soon after, because I didn't think I could anything more to my already posted impressions - it would simply be a re-arrangement of what I have already stated.

Check the link in my signature for links to both impressions. If you have any further / specific queries, feel free to ask.

So basically the MEElectronics isn't worth it?
And what's the cheapest I can get the E30's for? I'm kinda leaning towards them for now.I do like the looks of the twinwoofers though!
Also, how about the Sennheiser CX 180?

I am not saying "MEElectronics is not worth it" ;). I was specifically talking about M6 and other older models listed under 2K on eBay. M6 is OK for 1000 and around, but not the 1800 I find on eBay and elsewhere. If I wanted to spend 2K or more on a MEE, I'd look at their better and/or latest releases. But those are not yet available in India as far as I can tell/search. The best option (still) is to wait for a discount sale on MEElec's official site. After all, unlike in the US, we do not get cheaper deals for their IEMs elsewhere (IIRC, M6 even went close to $10 last year). Since you want to buy now and locally, waiting for a deal at MEE site does not make sense. It would not fit your needs. That is all I am saying :)

I have no idea about CX180. Some members here own it and have liked it.

As @ALPAH17 mentioned above, cheapest price for E30 is available in the SMC deals thread though I have a sneaking suspicion that they are old prices and prices may have gone up on account of Rupee depreciation.

Edit: Oh! Wait! You said lots of Rock, Jazz, but no metal? Can you give examples of what artists you are referring to? Can you stretch your budget and/or open to buying from abroad?

Well, these are basically my backup earphones for whenever I lose my main ones which are the Klipsch Image S4. So I'd prefer not to extend my budget and I can only buy abroad when I go in September.

I listen to a lot of bollywood stuff, beatles, coldplay, arctic monkeys, death cab, franz ferdinand, rolling stones, u2, modest mouse, florence & the machine and so many more.

In that case, get E30. They won't isolate much, but I like them more than S4. It's a different signature compared to the V-shaped S4, so might be complementary.

Back