Camera Best Entry Level DSLR

Looking for a new entry level DSLR, i want the cheapest range out in the market.

Could anyone please list 5 best entry level dslr so that i can atleast compare them
<

please put them in list >> 1,2,3....
<

Budget? Will you be investing in lenses in the future?

What is the intended purpose? What will you be shooting mainly? Will you be shooting videos?

More details from your side will help others to give a better suggestion.

Budget? Will you be investing in lenses in the future?

What is the intended purpose? What will you be shooting mainly? Will you be shooting videos?

More details from your side will help others to give a better suggestion.

will be gifting to one of my friend, so please do list cheapest ones
<

will be gifting to one of my friend, so please do list cheapest ones
<

Still cheaper cameras are there like Sony A290 which costs only 19.5k but it has a rather outdated sensor and performance doesn't match the new sensor in cameras such as D3100 /1100d /550d etc.

You could however gift your friend a Sony NEX-3 like a dslr its a interchangeable lens camera but lacks a viewfinder,its image quality matches the cameras such as D3100/1100D etc and also costs 19.5k

Dude, do try to get a good telephoto lens along with your camera 55-200 or 70-300. I am sure you gone love your camera more ;-).

But obviously if you pocket allows.

Nikon D3100 is a good camera, but it lacks an in body auto focus motor. So if you want to buy the Value for money cheaper primes, they will not auto focus. I suggest spend a little more and get the Canon 550D, a brilliant camera for the price.

If you are gifting it to a chick, who will only use the bundled lens, then Sony NEX 3 is a brilliant camera, an APS-C sensor on a small body, and looks good too.

Hi Folks.

I will share a prejudiced and different view. For the serious amateur, many entry level cameras come packaged with seeds of discontent that will sprout a few months on and cause one to want to upgrade as soon as he learns a little more about photography. Things the newcomer does not even know to appreaciate will bubble up, and upgrade fever will set in.

The best value in an entry level camera for the serious imagemaker just might be a used, but pampered, mid-level camera of a form factor designed for advanced photography enthusiasts. By way of example, I am thinking of Canon 40D, 50D, and Nikon D80, and D90. These cameras include features like bright pentaprism finder, depth of field preview, and more direct and tangible access to important controls that would be of interest to seasoned photographers. Less menu wading.

If one is thinking full frame, now is a good time to consider a Canon 5D or 5D MkII, or a Nikon D700. These very good cameras are going to see their prices pushed downward now, as their highly visible descendents take center stage and forum spotlights.

When one buys a new camera, he can enjoy the "smell of new" as he opens the package. He can brag about the new, expanded feature list that the new camera has. A few weeks later on, he will have a used camera. And the reality of its abilities and limitations will be more evident. All cameras were once new. And all of them are used a short while after purchase. New technology will outdate whatever camera one has bought in a short time, but it will in no wise disable it.

The upline Nikons have the motor that makes their older screw-driven lenses AF. In fact, they support Nikkor glass back to 1959. Entry level Nikons, as mentioned, lack the requisite motor to turn the screw to make old Nikkors AF. Canons just don't require that screw and in-camera motor. Canon EOS cameras, by reason of their short film-to-flange distance, will adapt to just about any other-brand glass. Nikon has no such flexibility.

If thinking Nikon, I would not get an entry level model. If I were determined to have an entry level camera new in the box, I would get a Canon. If new did not matter, I would get a mid-level camera (even used if necessary),

Enough...

I agree with the post above but as it's a gift brand new is the way to go. But only if your friend understands the value of a high end used camera you can gift him used gear.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Canon 550D, I have been using it since 3 days really loving it or else you can also go for the Canon Powershot S95 it will be around 20k but is one of the best point and shoot in the market.

Back