Best installer for Apache, MySQL and PHP

Safin

Skilled
if you want the best no hassles one then look no futher. In my quest i have done individual installs of each and then tried lots of preintstalled ones too(phptriad kind)

But in then end this one is the best.

FastWork

FastWork is an installer of Apache, MySQL and PHP for Windows specially made for PHP developers.
Completelyfree and preconfigured to run. So need to edit files and the associated headaches. Also since its quite an active project you also have latest builds supported.

Project Overview

# Development Status: 6 - Mature
# Environment: Web Environment, Win32 (MS Windows)
# Intended Audience: Developers, End Users/Desktop
# License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
# Natural Language: English, Romanian
# Operating System: MS Windows (NT/2000/XP)
# Topic: PHP, Database, HTTP Servers

Check out the screen:
screenshot7ut.jpg

A must for web developers and those who are new to the world of php and webhosting.
Versions:
Latest 3.0.10

This new package will install PHP 5.0.3, MySQL 4.1.8 and Apache 2.0.52 on your Windows computer.
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89492&package_id=140409&release_id=295478

^^I have found some issues with the PHP in above. try if it works for you. Otherwise use the earlier version

VERSION 2.3.23
MySQL 4.0.22
php 4.3.9
Apache 2.0.52

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fastwork/fastwork-2.3.23.exe?download

BOTH above are for winxp only.

For win 9x, me use this:
Version 1
Apache 1.28.24
MySQL 3.23.55
PHP 4.3.1

DOWNLOAD
MORE INFO ON FASTWORK

Good one there.. But im using IndigoPerl for the same purpose.. Mainly for Perl.. Infact am running both IIS & Tomcat at home.. and it consumes RAM a lot.. Any of u guys aware of any Plug-ins so that i can run PHP on IIS?... I've seen some hosts offering this service: PHP on Windows serveraling with ASP ..

yea, i was also about to ask that, running PHP on IIS ! And IIS v7.0 is soon to be launched from Microsoft. And @ Smooth, can u explain me more about TomCat, I have heard about tht, but wanna know more stuffs. I think its the best for running JSP Pages :)

Ya Tomcat is an Open Source proj from Apache.. Apache was deloped mainly for PHP.. now tomcat clubs the functionality of apache with Servlets n JSPs.. It has a servlet container known as Catalina.. if u install tomcat, u'll see this name atleast twice a day :).. It also supports CGI.. now isnt that great.. And compared to IIS, it consumes lot less resources..(Acc to me)..

you can refer the Apache for more details..!

But one thing is, we wont get any plug-ins for running ASP on Apache.. Coz ASP is MS product.. No way they'll allow it.. But we can get plugins for running PHP on IIS.. Will post here once i find it.. You too guys if u find, lemme know.. ;)

I tried installing PHP and SQL normally using the old traditional method and I can tell you that I had quite a few problems and not enough time. I'll surely try this application out.

SmoothCriminal said:
Ya Tomcat is an Open Source proj from Apache.. Apache was deloped mainly for PHP.. now tomcat clubs the functionality of apache with Servlets n JSPs.. It has a servlet container known as Catalina.. if u install tomcat, u'll see this name atleast twice a day :).. It also supports CGI.. now isnt that great.. And compared to IIS, it consumes lot less resources..(Acc to me)..

you can refer the Apache for more details..!

But one thing is, we wont get any plug-ins for running ASP on Apache.. Coz ASP is MS product.. No way they'll allow it.. But we can get plugins for running PHP on IIS.. Will post here once i find it.. You too guys if u find, lemme know.. ;)

Wow thats a great one Smooth ! Now abt the server, do you know any provider in India or else where who provide free hosting on Tom Cat servers or for pay ?

I am looking for a free servers, have to test some authentication stuffs, so please do help me ! BTW THread s really good !

HMm... not sure.. of Indian hosts.. but these are the only Free Servers Im aware of.. for Java..

MyJavaServer

ZVF

EatJ
There are loads of Tomcat servers for money.. just seacrh for 'Java server india' or 'JSP Hosting India' on Google and look for the "Sponsored Links"..

Back