Best Internet Security available in India

I have used KIS,NIS and Avast..

For me Avast IS Suite worked like wonders.. Has all the things I need and is no Resource Hog like KIS

NIS is asl good.. If not Avast, I would go for NIS

Never go for NIS without 8GB RAM dude.. its just too much of a resource hog..

In my Laptop with 4GB RAM,It took 2GB for itself while scanning...

NIS is resource hog?? Maybe for a laptop, but not for a desktop even with 4gb DDR3 ram...
teja92 said:
I have used KIS,NIS and Avast..

For me Avast IS Suite worked like wonders.. Has all the things I need and is no Resource Hog like KIS

NIS is asl good.. If not Avast, I would go for NIS

Never go for NIS without 8GB RAM dude.. its just too much of a resource hog..

In my Laptop with 4GB RAM,It took 2GB for itself while scanning...

BIS is making my life a hell. I still use one liscence on my netbook, and this BIS thing says "automatic scanning of a device started. Check log for details" when i plug in my alcatel 3g data card and its launcher app fails to detect the active profile needed for establishing a data connection, all because of BIS. I tried disabling every bit of features of BIS and still it autoscans a 3g data card. wth ? Why is it scanning a 3g data card when its not even a removable storage device and makes it unusable ? Finally i had to uninstall BIS to finally get that thing working. phew... was a total mess.

For everyone: Never get any products from Bitdefender. After installing their products even we dont have any authority left in our system. It will completely take over our system. No kind of disabling would work :p

ESET is the best. It works so well and has such a clean interface, I have been using it for a long time now and never face a virus or malware on my PC

Eset nod smart security is best ...
<

Hi,

There is a wide range of products out there that can be used. Norton, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Avast, Avira and so on and on, however, i find Eset Smart Security better, lighter and secure. It has a good sucess ratio at cleaning infections, got a 2 way firewall compatable with most of the stuff you have and also HIPS. It doesnot trouble which gamming and is also available in India to buy. I dont say or brag about ESET just becoz i am a beta tester with them,, it comes out of my personal experience using it since the past 4 years.

If you do any amount of bittorrenting, i suggest that you donot get the new Eset as it doesnot like Utorrent, no matter what you do.

I'm using KIS since two years, served me well till now
<

BIS on flipcart is for ~580 and KIS for ~880 (3 user 1yr) and now i'm in dilemma whether to switch to BIS or stick with KIS ??

Toptenreviews rate BIS best followed by KIS , but according to general consciousness of this thread, KIS seems better !

Norton 360 is the best suite I have used, it uses the resources efficiently, has excellent detection. Its far better than NIS.

The free anti virus like Avast, AVG and Avira are stinking pile of $#!t, all of them have ruined my PC at least one time.

Quick heal is good one certainly NOT the best, but it takes significant control of your PC, sometimes it simply does not remove the viruses and keeps on giving annoying pop-up warnings.

I have a fairly decent daily exposure to all sorts of viruses, worms, trojans, etc source : My college PCs, they are congregation of all sorts of malware.

Be with KIS...
<
I'm using KIS since two years, served me well till now
<

BIS on flipcart is for ~580 and KIS for ~880 (3 user 1yr) and now i'm in dilemma whether to switch to BIS or stick with KIS ??

Toptenreviews rate BIS best followed by KIS , but according to general consciousness of this thread, KIS seems better !

Been using KIS for last 3 years. Satisfied with the protection and flexibilty it provides. Only one problem with KIS bugs me, one cant reuse the same license keys if you had to reinstall windows. IIRC couple of years back, KIS didnt had any problem reusing the same keys.

Been using KIS for last 3 years. Satisfied with the protection and flexibilty it provides. Only one problem with KIS bugs me, one cant reuse the same license keys if you had to reinstall windows. IIRC couple of years back, KIS didnt had any problem reusing the same keys.

Well it works for me when I reinstall the windows ... You cant use the key file, you have to enter the key manually ...

ESET Smart Security and ESET Antivirus aren't well known in India, but are equivalent to Kaspersky, lighter on resources, and less intrusive. A point to note is that many antivirus software actually uses the Kaspersky firewall, licensed from Kaspersky, so the only benefit of using another internet security software is resources and intrusiveness.

I use Eset Nod 32 internet security and feel this is the best. I have also used Avira, avast and kaspersky but they posed problems with my PC. Avira wasn't successful in detecting viruses. Avast corrupted my computer database and kaspersky slows down my PC during it's scheduled scanning process. But Eset Nod32 runs smooth and doesn't slow down my PC. It works well in detecting potential threats and viruses.

Back