Budget 41-50k Best laptop for college student

Samir2000

Recruit
Greetings everyone!
I start college in a couple of months and am looking to buy a new laptop. My budget is Rs. 60,000.
My requirements are:
1) Decent gaming performance. I am a light gamer, mostly I play FIFA and some online FPS with friends of mine. I require a laptop that should be able to handle FIFA 19, which releases this October. Preferably future editions too, but even this year's FIFA is enough.
2) Okayish battery life. 3-5 hours is more than enough for me (when doing simple tasks.I do understand gaming drains a lot more, but I plan to do most of my gaming while plugged in). The reason is so I don't have to run around to find a power socket if I take it to college for making notes or presenting something etc.
3) Longetivity: Should last for atleast 3 years. By that, I mean it shouldn't become obselete in another year or so, I can only get a new one after this it after 3 years at the minimum.
For example, my current laptop (with an AMD A6) was purchased in 2015. Now, it has become really slow to work on and freezes quite often. I do not want that to happen, even if it becomes incapable of running games in the future, basic functionality should not be affected, I should be able to get my work done for 3-4 years at the very least.

Based on some preliminary research, I have isolated the following model:
https://www.amazon.in/R558UQ-DM701D...F8&qid=1526472045&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+r558uq

It runs a 7th gen i7 with 8 GB of ram (Which I will upgrade to 16 GB when necessary) and even a dedicated graphics card. The specs look great for the price, the con mentioned in most reviews is the below average build quality, but that is not important to me.

Please also offer your opinion on this model.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.

On a side note, what do you guys think of the 8th gen i5 processors? Seeing the number of reviews on the internet saying the performance is quite improved, is it worth going for an 8th gen i5 over a 7th gen i7?

Back