Best MTNL Triband plan for unlimited downloading

Planning to switch to MTNL Triband, can any existing users suggest best plan for unlimited downloading also which ADSL router would be better

the same plan is for 5k here! :eek:

though i still haven't gotten MTNL disconnected, but moved to a pvt. ISP 2-3 months back for primary connection. office is close to home. provides superb service with barely any downtime that i can remember. 2 mbps download-upload and caching of google services and torrents, for 700/- a month or ~5.5k a year. if you have such an option there, that would be very good.

I moved away from MTNL as well to our local cable ISP and now on 10Mbps (upload and download) unlimited for 1.2k a month. I think the last plan I had for MTNL was the 599/- one which had 1Mbps from 7AM to 7PM and then 1.5Mbps for the rest. It got the job done if you're patient enough and/or not a chronic downloader.

"Xpress+ Unlimited 949 Rs 949 2 Mbps upto 30 GB and 1 Mbps afterwards" does this mean that after 30 GB the rest of the data will be free but at 1 Mbps?

Planning to switch to MTNL Triband, can any existing users suggest best plan for unlimited downloading also which ADSL router would be better

Mtnl plans are too costly and offer low speed plans like 1mpbs unlimited at high cost of Rs. 949 is to expensive for today's broadband costs . I would recommend best for now is to go for cable broadband as they are cheap and offer higher speeds at cheaper rates than MTNL. we get 1mpbs unlimited @ Rs .500

i was also on the same plan as @Ethan_Hunt earlier on MTNL. 8AM-8PM 1 mbps and 1.5 mbps thereafter, and 1.5 mbps for the whole day on Sundays. was best in that price-range. however they discontinued it sometime back and introduced crappy FUP-based plans, and automatically changed my plan to the present '2 mbps till 8GB and 1 mbps thereafter' plan. earlier it wasn't like this. if you were on a plan which was later discontinued, you could still continue on the discontinued plan unless you asked for it to be changed to the new plan. but not anymore. and yes, post FUP, you still get unltd. net at reduced speeds.

my present primary connection (ie, from pvt. ISP) is also an unltd. one and without any kind of FUP. its from Honesty Net (bandwidth provided by it, and connection provided by Dolphin Infonet). service of this service-provider is amazing! for instance, got an SMS today evening that on account of lightning (heavy rains and fierce lightning here since y'day) the net-service would be shut down for 2 hrs, and within seconds after that it happened. resumed after the stipulated time. they are on WhatsApp too. Honesty Net is I think based in Kurla/Chembur? not sure. you could search about it. should be well worth if you could get a connection from someone (good) providing bandwidth from HN.

Back