Budget 15-20K Best Phone Under 20000

Moto hardware has longevity problems based on personal experience. Wife had a Moto Z that started having screen flicker and battery issues just 8-9 months. They replaced both screen and battery. Battery again went bad a few months after warranty expired.

Her sister had a Moto one power, that too developed problems within 15 months. It's anecdotal but that is what I have witnessed.

IIRC, Motorola has been a Chinese company since 2014 when it was bought by Lenovo.

If you want a non-Chinese phone then based on your budget your options are limited to Nokia and Samsung (and maybe LG & Panasonic) devices...

To add, Sony did had one of the best budget phones like M, P, E etc. series.
But its Indian public themselves who made them exit the market as they were mad after mi, one+, vivo, oppo etc. cheap chinese stuff. And see now... they themselves are suffering.. karma hitting back!

Best is subjective...
@OP you need to mention what you intend to use your phone for. You need to mention some parameters to narrow down the choices.
Assuming general purpose use..
Samsung> Nokia> Asus

Refer this template here..

Moto hardware has longevity problems based on personal experience. Wife had a Moto Z that started having screen flicker and battery issues just 8-9 months. They replaced both screen and battery. Battery again went bad a few months after warranty expired.

Her sister had a Moto one power, that too developed problems within 15 months. It's anecdotal but that is what I have witnessed.
Oh man. This kills me. I was opting to go the Motorola route for a cheap stock android based phone. Now the only option left is Nokia it seems.

One thing I didn't like about Nokia is having different features for same price segment phones. For instance, my Nokia 7+ supports carrier aggregation which costed me 27k. While 8.1 which was prices 28k was not having those features. And worse, this distinction applied only to India, globally this feature was enabled.

And yes, beware of faulty charging ports. Many people have complained in their community forum. If you are lucky you would get a fault free device.

Just thought you should know in case you opt for Nokia.

POCO X2 Pro. Best phone under 20k right now. With gCAM it clicks better pics than oneplus Nord. And more expensive OP7t.
They say it has battery issues but if you put screen at 60hz refresh I think you'll be good.

What about the moto one fusion plus?

Motorola owned by LENOVO

LENOVO is Chines GIANT BRAND
Post automatically merged:

Non Chines Brands are..

Premium : Apple, Samsung, Nokia, HTC

Others: Infinix, Swipe

Nokia phones are very underrated. I hope they have a massive comeback :)

Yes.. just last month Google invest in HMD Global Heavily

One thing I didn't like about Nokia is having different features for same price segment phones. For instance, my Nokia 7+ supports carrier aggregation which costed me 27k. While 8.1 which was prices 28k was not having those features. And worse, this distinction applied only to India, globally this feature was enabled.

And yes, beware of faulty charging ports. Many people have complained in their community forum. If you are lucky you would get a fault free device.

Just thought you should know in case you opt for Nokia.
I was told that the charging port issues were taken care of with the latest phones. Maybe from the .2 ones or something like that. Their naming scheme is weird to me.

I was told that the charging port issues were taken care of with the latest phones. Maybe from the .2 ones or something like that. Their naming scheme is weird to me.
Refer to Nokia community for more information. They might have resolved but not entirely. Besides you will also find some other issues faced by members so as to give you a better idea.
Yup agreed with their Naming convention.

Oh man. This kills me. I was opting to go the Motorola route for a cheap stock android based phone. Now the only option left is Nokia it seems.

Every motorola phone that my family has owned has never given them any trouble. I personally got myself a one fusion plus and I couldn't have been happier. Everything works well for the price. The only expectation it doesn't meet is when it comes to its camera, which by no means is any bad for the price. That is just me being unreasonable as I came from a much more expensive iPhone.

I also got my grandpa a moto g8 lite which too is running without any issues.

The only caveat the company's devices come with is abysmal software support. Albeit according to them, I am supposed to be receiving android 11 and security updates for the next 2 years so make of that what you will.

I bought the Samsung M31 recently (with the help of some forum members) and I really like it.

Battery life is solid, the screen is top-notch, and the cameras are great. I haven't had any performance issues, granted I only use it for email and other general use.

Just keep in mind that it does get scratched VERY easily, and you will want to put it in a case as soon as you get it if you wish to retain it's finish and resell it at some point.

Other than that, 10/10, I'd buy it again.

And also, cases are difficult to find (at least in my vicinity) so you're better off getting a case online.

Every motorola phone that my family has owned has never given them any trouble. I personally got myself a one fusion plus and I couldn't have been happier. Everything works well for the price. The only expectation it doesn't meet is when it comes to its camera, which by no means is any bad for the price. That is just me being unreasonable as I came from a much more expensive iPhone.

I also got my grandpa a moto g8 lite which too is running without any issues.

The only caveat the company's devices come with is abysmal software support. Albeit according to them, I am supposed to be receiving android 11 and security updates for the next 2 years so make of that what you will.
Which iPhone were you coming from to the Fusion? Don't you actually feel all the 207 grams of the phone dude? That's the only thing worrying me. And I have to use a case on top of that as well. I don't expect any good camera for the price, the lack of a hardware compass is unforgivable though.

Which iPhone were you coming from to the Fusion? Don't you actually feel all the 207 grams of the phone dude? That's the only thing worrying me. And I have to use a case on top of that as well. I don't expect any good camera for the price, the lack of a hardware compass is unforgivable though.

I used a 6 until it was stolen. Apparently it was the lightest phone apple made so it definitely took some getting used to. As much research I did for the phone, it astounds me how I managed to miss that omission. But I am yet to feel its absence as I haven't had to travel much due to the pandemic. So, I'll save my rant about how I bent over to sign up for such a deal breaker, for another day.

It's more of a buffer phone which has more than well proved it's worth, until I somehow manage to get my S10 back from Canada without paying the exorbitant shipping.

Last edited:
Samsung is the only real option then. Choose one out of M21, M31 or M31s. Minor differences between them. Looks and cameras are slightly better on the M31s. Performance would be similar.
Been using the M31 since release and its been a great purchase, I would also suggest the M series from Samsung under the price of 20k. The battery backup is definitely the best part about it, camera is a little subpar but can't complain since it works just okay for the price.

There's the new M51 releasing soon but it might just be out of the 20k price mark.

Last edited:
looking for a smartphone at the same price range for casual usage,whatsapp,facebook,youtube, occasional photos. i shortlisted the A31 and M31s.Checked GSMARENA and they rate the M31s over the A31 in performance.
Also what is the difference between M31 and M31s?could not find any major differences.

is the M31s better than A31. Any real life experiences?

Back