OC & Modding Best place to buy modding stuff in chennai

kolguy

Adept
Hello there as the topic says ... i am looking to buy some CCFL/ fan controller around chennai , dont want to buy these online and richi street seems not to understand the word modding and pc in the same sentence, so any pointers and shops were these were purchased before would be welcome.

Cheers

Kolguy

thanks for the suggestion, any other place is a welcome ... from past experience with them i know for a fact that there is a long wait period associated with them, as they dont have much of the products listed in stock, this means paying a advance by going to there office then waiting for a week for them to get it in stock and then going and getting from them, i would very much like to avoid that.

cheers

kolguy

The ITdepot prices are way too high. Even i am trying to find a good shop to get some modding stuff, but in vain could not find a shop anywhere in chennai. I guess Dealer's paradise had a GO for some modding stuff some time back. Need to check whether those are still active and the stocks are available

Unfortunately most of those offers are not active at the moment, ... i got my ccfl from a friend and am still looking to get good quality fan controlers from around .... if nothing works out might have to order it online.

kishore.chander said:
The ITdepot prices are way too high. Even i am trying to find a good shop to get some modding stuff, but in vain could not find a shop anywhere in chennai. I guess Dealer's paradise had a GO for some modding stuff some time back. Need to check whether those are still active and the stocks are available

Yep they overcharge,i found this the last time i had gone their to get a 500GB WD blue-- they were quoting Rs 2450 for the blue while delta was selling the same drive for Rs 2150---When i told them about delta they reduced the price and said i need to pay Rs2350 "only":|.

Don't bother about shops like IT Depot. They are NOT cheap. They need to pay for prime real estate bang in the middle of the city. Likewise with other outlets like IT @ home, Modern Computers etc. If you want best prices in Chennai, go to Delta or Supreme (yes) and bargain hard. Recently I have seen even Sethia Infotech giving good prices - you just need to have some basic bargaining skills though.

Supreme is the worst when it comes to inflated prices. They are surviving on reputation
I found Samta Infotech, Mahavir and RC Automation giving the cheapest quotes

Plus, you dont get much modding stuff @ Ritche St. ITdepot on the other hand have pretty competitive prices now and they have pretty much everything, atleast they can arrange that
I got FSP Saga II 400 for 2175, which is even better than the price of our TE dealers

yea mahavir i found giving pretty competetive prices, ITdepot .... i had problems with when i wanted a cpu cooler several months ago, had problems ordering it through them until i finaly gave up. I am trying to get a NZXT fan controller and seems no one in city has one, looks like i have to check with primeadgb for it.

Back