Best SBI mutual fund schemes 2020 to invest

Techno

Disciple
Anyone here invests in mutual funds? I am planning to invest in SBI mutual fund. I usually prefer FD but like to give MF a try.

Any good schemes you guys can recommended?
Any one already invested in MF fund? Is it worth it or FD is better? Does it give good returns?

Depends on your risk appetite and investment horizon. Ideally you should have a mix of equity (riskier) and debt (safer such as FD, PPF, debt mutual funds).

Investments in equity should be for 5-7 years at least. As for returns, no one can guarantee it, but based on previous trends you can expect 10-12% returns.

You mentioned SBI, any reason for going with them? If it's because your RM is selling them to you, be aware that these will be 'regular' plans. Regular plans have higher expense ratios (because of commissions) which eat into your returns. Instead you should opt for direct plans which have lower expenses.

Lots of online portals allow you to invest in direct MFs - Kuvera, Groww, PayTM Money.

If you don't want the hassle of identifying which scheme is right for you (there are hundreds upon hundreds) it's better to go for an passive index fund - eg Nifty50 index fund.

I'm personally invested in 8 schemes (4 domestic and 4 international).

Do you mean savings account? That has got nothing to do with SBI's mutual fund which is a separate entity.

I already made a account with SBI and its more reliable.

Can you mention the schemes you have invested in?

UTI Nifty Index Growth Direct Plan
UTI Nifty Next 50 Index Growth Direct Plan
Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Growth Direct Plan
Mirae Asset Tax Saver Growth Direct Plan
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund Of Fund Growth Direct Plan
Motilal Oswal S&P 500 Index Growth Direct Plan
Edelweiss Greater China Equity Off Shore Growth Direct Plan
Franklin India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities Growth Direct Plan

Which AMC do you use?

I found this schemes really interesting - Franklin India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities Growth Direct Plan.

1 year return 46.30 % which is crazy. Are you really getting that much return?
Post automatically merged:

SBI has a similar international fund - SBI MAGNUM GLOBAL FUND

Is it a good scheme?

Last edited:
All of the ones I listed are AMC - UTI, Motilal, Mirae etc. I use Kuvera to track and invest. You can also use MFUtilities which is operated by all AMCs in India.

Franklin was performing really well (along with all US funds) because the US market has recovered and has even hit it all time highs sometime back (it crashed a bit yesterday but that's another story).

I don't have exposure to any SBI fund so can't comment. But the scheme you linked is not an international fund, it is still investing in Indian companies listed on the NSE/ BSE. An international fund like Franklin would invest in US companies listed on the NYSE/ NASDAQ etc.

1 year return 46.30 % which is crazy. Are you really getting that much return?
1st rule of mutual fund investing never decide based on past returns.
They are not an absolute indicator of future returns
Make sure you have atleast 5-7 year to stay invested in and wont withdraw no matter the circumstances.
Parikh parakh long term fund is an amazing fund as it covers US markets too, but riskier too.
Also if you get time learn about equity and stock market and start investing directly. Its much better.
Mutual funds return has seriously been crap after the recent correction.
Have been investing since two years and i can tell you , you can do better than most Protfolio managers.
Post automatically merged:

For portal would recommend Paytm Money and Coin by Zerodha. Opening an account with zerodha will also allow you to buy stocks directly. Paytm money is amazing but customer service is horrible (Had to go through it once only tough )

I invested in "Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund Of Fund Growth Direct Plan" through paytm money.

I want to try their stock market feature also, i want to put big money in only one stock for long term - Reliance Industries Limited , is it a good idea?

I decided to stick with mutual funds for now. Any suggestions for good schemes for long term investments?

Planning to invest in SBI Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth and Parikh parakh long term fund , is it good for long term investments?

I decided to stick with mutual funds for now. Any suggestions for good schemes for long term investments?

Planning to invest in SBI Small Cap Fund Direct - Growth and Parikh parakh long term fund , is it good for long term investments?
Parikh parag is my best bet. Alongside mirrae asset long term

With the recent change in SEBI multcap rules should we still consider inversing in Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund? Will it still give the same returns ?

I also invested in "SBI Banking & Financial Services Fund - Direct Plan - Growth ", did i take the right decision?

With the recent change in SEBI multcap rules should we still consider inversing in Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund? Will it still give the same returns ?

I also invested in "SBI Banking & Financial Services Fund - Direct Plan - Growth ", did i take the right decision?
As much as I know parikh parag they will just merge it with other fund rather than investing in place they don't want too

I would stay away from banking and PSU funds because we don't know how much NPA'S we will see in coming year because of LOCKDOWN

Back