Best Sounding Phone?

latino_ansari

Disciple
Hi All,

I am looking ahead to buy a high end multimedia phone. I was decent multimedia capabilities but the top most priority is sound quality. Currently i'm using ipod touch 3g with skull candy in ear headphones. Looking for a phone which can pump out decent sound similar to ipod touch 3g.

It doesn't matter if its android or windows phone. Dont wanna go for iphone.

Please suggest. Price range is between 25-30k..

Look at RMAA results on GSMArena, they cover the results for each and every phone they test. The Lumias take a hammering in these tests.

Far as I can tell the top honours ATM belong to the Nokia N8, the iPhone 4S and some of the Sony Ericcson crowd. My own little Xperia Mini pro scores pretty well too. In real world terms, all of them are much inferior to a dedicated player.

Droids need a (paid) app to play FLAC files properly. Nokia Symbian Anna/Belle supports it by default. iPhone dunno.

If you're using MP3, not much point in looking for great sound. Crap in = crap out.

Hmm... I will mostly be using MP3s... will be using the phone with decent set of IEMs... So there is no phone that can compare to ipod...

Thought of getting lumia 800 but reviews suggest that sound quality is really bad... How about Arc S??..

In android its Galaxy S i9000 and Nexus S.Both of them use Wolfson Class W Headphone Amplifier.SQ is as good as ipod imho.You need to flash a custom kernel supporting voodoo sound to bring the full potential out of it though.If you can live with a Single proccy phone,then these phones are best for you
<

Dont go for these phones if you're not into flashing/rooting.Both of them sound average on stock.

for more details:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806195

http://www.head-fi.org/t/535770/samsung-galaxy-s-sound-quality

In terms of both SQ and excellent usability OOB,nothing can beat iphone 4/4S.iphone has a dedicated line out i think,if that matters to you.

me upgrading from galaxy s2 to 4s for same reason (SQ), my s2 isn't able to pump my IE80 to the extent i want it to on the other hand my ipod touch 4g drives it effortlessly so i'm purchasing 4s to rid of carrying multiple devices,and by the way in terms of SQ galaxy note isn't any better than s2,my younger brother has it so i've tested it too.

In terms of sound quality, Samsung Galaxy S for the win..
<
As said by Sujan, it comes with Wolfsan DAC and it is awesome. Custom Kernel with Voodoo Sound + IEM + PowerAmp makes your phone a true Music player
<

You will hardly get Galaxy S in shops. I would go for a music player (Sansa Clip+ kind of) + IEM + Phone instead.
<

I bought a galaxy s for the wolfson DAC. Installed vodoo sounds and it was great. Recent made a move to sansa clip zip and it blows the galaxy dac and player out of the water. My advice is to not spend big dollars on mobile sound but get a fantastic dedicated player for a lot less.

Better go for SE Acr s. Superior sound quality than Samsung. It will be nice if you go to any mall, croma store, next etc and try your self . Since you were using iPod, you can easily judge which is better., the then decide

If u still want to go for a phone and not a dedicated mp3 player, then compare phones on GSMArena.

Remember - A phone with great sound quality but low stereo cross talk will ruin the experience for u ( as u will be using it with IEMs)

Check the figures for each phone review on GSMarena and compare the stereo cross talk. The higher number the better.

^^^ you should be going for dedicated player, but my suggestion would be Windows Phone! they have terrific Zune player integrated. Also get a phone with good radio, in my exp Radio audio is equally important for good music experience

Back