Best wireless earphone?

Honestly, there's nothing decent sonically under 30k.
Around that, very few exist.
If looking at earphones, and I assume you're talking about TWS - Seinnheiser Momentum TWS 1/2 are excellent. I've the Gen 1, and they sound better than a couple of headphones I own (Bose QC 25, Seinnheiser PX 550 II (pretty neutral)).
The Sony WF1000XM3s are excellent with ANC and very good AQ.
At some point, I want to buy B&W PX7.

Nope, was talking about wireless headphones (full sized) I had almost all of them (QC35/ NC700/ XM3/4-for brief period, PXC550 I,II, B&O H9, DALI IO6), not including the PX (which was bought and returned the same day due to fitting issues), Momentum 2 wireless ( absolutely hate the sound signature, this line is a shame to Sennheiser) and Beats Solo something ( never bought those, somebody left a pair at our guest room)
Other than PXC 550 II, each and everyone disappointed me.
Had high hopes for the IO6, but they were too thin. H9 was typical B&O, beautiful to look at, absolutely garbage sound. However XM3/XM4 beats them all by distorting everything, even sweeping frequency sound waves!! Never seen a pair of headphones with this slow and sloppy bass response. Sony`s DSP correction starts with a 8:1 compression on everything!! And people seem to love this squished output...no wonder most mainstream album coming out these days have practically no dynamics.
Don`t trust me? Fine, download iZotope Rx, apply a 8:1 compression to the output and listen it through a proper Sony headphone (v6/7506) it will sound exactly like XM3/XM4. I have done it with reference grade mastering albums of Steely Dan/Genesis/ even Michael Jackson`s records with same result every ****ing time.
I have wasted thousands on BTNC cans and except for PXC 550 II, everything sucked, everything....other than casual listening in an airplane, all of them are useless for any audio related work. However the QC35 was not too bad, but NC700 is terrible.
I am really surprised that you are liking Momentum TWS over PXC550, the former (even their over ear wired version) does not even pick up anything around 15-17k in most recordings!!
Your suggestion under 2k then?
Honestly I do not know. Buy a wired IEM.

Nope, was talking about wireless headphones (full sized) I had almost all of them (QC35/ NC700/ XM3/4-for brief period, PXC550 I,II, B&O H9, DALI IO6), not including the PX (which was bought and returned the same day due to fitting issues), Momentum 2 wireless ( absolutely hate the sound signature, this line is a shame to Sennheiser) and Beats Solo something ( never bought those, somebody left a pair at our guest room)
Other than PXC 550 II, each and everyone disappointed me.
Had high hopes for the IO6, but they were too thin. H9 was typical B&O, beautiful to look at, absolutely garbage sound. However XM3/XM4 beats them all by distorting everything, even sweeping frequency sound waves!! Never seen a pair of headphones with this slow and sloppy bass response. Sony`s DSP correction starts with a 8:1 compression on everything!! And people seem to love this squished output...no wonder most mainstream album coming out these days have practically no dynamics.
Don`t trust me? Fine, download iZotope Rx, apply a 8:1 compression to the output and listen it through a proper Sony headphone (v6/7506) it will sound exactly like XM3/XM4. I have done it with reference grade mastering albums of Steely Dan/Genesis/ even Michael Jackson`s records with same result every ****ing time.
I have wasted thousands on BTNC cans and except for PXC 550 II, everything sucked, everything....other than casual listening in an airplane, all of them are useless for any audio related work. However the QC35 was not too bad, but NC700 is terrible.
I am really surprised that you are liking Momentum TWS over PXC550, the former (even their over ear wired version) does not even pick up anything around 15-17k in most recordings!!

Honestly I do not know. Buy a wired IEM.

I guess I'll liking the TWS over PXC 550 II since the TWS directly jam in your ear, and hence the mids and highs are more pronounced - so physical effect rather than acoustic.
Listened to the PXCs for about 3 hours today, and I'm loving them more and more. I had moved to TWS completely after my QC25, so it'll take some time to get back to headphones vs in ears.
But I digress, PXCs are CLEAR. I love that I can listen to every instrument on these cans. Just the right base, nothing too boomy.

Yes!! That is the perfect non audiophile description...they are very clear...use them in USB mode, the slightly peaky treble will go away. I do admire Sennheiser for their courage to still make consumer headphones like PXC550 without applying too much compression ( what Sony does to XM3/XM4 to sound more punchy for unaccustomed ears, compression destroys the dynamics, moreover during production the engineer has already applied compression to manage the real loud and soft parts of the recording.
Moreover all DSP compressors have auto gain adjustment, which makes the Sony sounds a lot louder.
The drivers used in PXC 550 is of much better than XM3/XM4, so they are not scared of giving the user direct USB audio. If Sony allowed it in XM3/XM4, the drivers would be damaged in minutes ( Sony is focusing so much on ANC and some useless gimmicky sensors like speak to chat etc. they possibly can not cram in a better driver which can deliver adequate output without insane compression)
I did not know anything about the DSP correction etc. in wireless cans, a Sennheiser engineer explained many things very clearly. Since I have worked part time in studios for years helping audio engineers and mix and mastered a few small bands, knew the basics of compression, EQ, gain staging, limiting etc. almost everything he said made perfect sense.

Is there any decent wireless earphones within 5k budget? Before corona i was aiming for the rha 750 or something. Byrons at 2.5k were said to be a real VFM. Just need good sound (flat) and the mic. should also be good for voice calls. Not looking for true wireless type as I use public transport and I'll lose them in no time, so neckband type only.

Strictly no Chinese company.

Is there any decent wireless earphones within 5k budget? Before corona i was aiming for the rha 750 or something. Byrons at 2.5k were said to be a real VFM. Just need good sound (flat) and the mic. should also be good for voice calls. Not looking for true wireless type as I use public transport and I'll lose them in no time, so neckband type only.

Strictly no Chinese company.
If you change your mind wrt TWS, Anker Liberty series is pretty good. And Jabra 65T goes for sub 5k in sale.

Back