Audio better headphones for ipod

Checksum

Skilled
well, my ipod nano's phones are becoming a pain to use... the quality isnt what it used to be after some rough treatment :p so need a good replacement for those...

the most important point is that battery life shouldnt come down a lot. even now i get only 8-9 hrs on a full recharge, so anything lower isnt good :( . dont have any idea why its doing so bad

and budget : not really sure. some friends are going to singapore this month and will ask them to get it if possible. but anything within Rs.1000 will be fine

Check out the Plantronics .audio90 - Even though its a gaming headset, the audio quality is really really nice.

It cost me around 1350 from Sifymall.

well if you have the money than headphones shud be ignored...coz they are not comfy and sleek, earphones gives u so much of freedom...the use of headphones with i-pod somewhat kills its portability...headphones are best suited for pc and laptop

imagine walking on a crowdy street( good babes all round;) ) with ur sleek i-pod nano in ur hand and heavy headphones on ur ears....doesnt gell that well, isnt it?

thats where 'in-ear' earphones comes into the picture which gives u sound quality comparable to big quality headphones with realistic bass and excellent midrange...and they also work as a good noice reduction set...

best brand for earphone is 'shure' although its bit hard to find but i'm sure u'll find it in a good savvy audio showroom....though its expensive but as i said if you have the money than go for the shure earphones, it makes i-pod listening much more better...

else you can look out for sony fontopia earphones(in-ear) and cheap Koss earphones(bass will suffer but available for as low as RS.600)...there are expensive koss earphones available too but than they ARE expensive...

u'll definately have to put more effort to get ur hands on these earphones but its worth an effort....i jsut dont like the combination of i-pod and a headphone....and generally good quality headphones are big so u wont like to wear them outside...

and btw 'in-ear' earphones design looks cool...ur realistic chice shud be sony fontopia coz its decently priced and easily availbale in sony world...costs somewhere arnd 1.8K to 2K, not too sure....

^^MX400 is not that much of an upgrade from the stock earbuds. The only possible real upgrade I can see is the Shure e2c. Those cost 80$ abroad and around 4.5K locally thru shure dealers. If you can spend that much, get it else just sit tight with the ipod earbuds. The fontopia is a POS. Totally horrible.

@chaos....i havent checked out the sound quality of sony fontopia but one of my friend who is using it with his i-pod says its decent...

perhaps you could reflect more on its details??

coz even i was thinking of getting these earphones after watching the huge success of HPM-70 earhphones which comes with walkman series phones and its very identical to fontopia...

The regular Sony Fontopias sound as bad or as good as the iPod buds depending on your perspective and what the user is graduating from....

Defnitiely not worth an upgrade from the iPod buds though...

lol sorry guys. totally forgot abt this thread :ashamed:

i was thinking abt the Mx400 too, but seems like its not worth the upgrade

I bought the MX550 for 1.3k 2 days back and I must say they are awesome.
Awesome sound for a sweet price

ill look into it anish! thanks . and it fits my budget too :)

dude buy superczar's sennheisers before he sends em back...tho they're 2.2k, they WILL be an upgrade over the buds you have

not in my budget :( the most i can spend is 1.5k

Back