Beware: TATASKY subscribers while re-locating your connection

nRiTeCh

Skilled
This happened with me last year and was about to get repeat this year but glad I avoided....

If you happen to shift/re-locate your TATASKY connection to another place , do keep an eye as to how they misuse their services by cheating their users.
A clear daylight robbery.

Procedure:
Make a call/chat with Tatasky CC and request for connection relocation & address change. You receive an sms about the servicemans details with the estimated time.

Charges:
For unplugging the dish they charge 200 bucks
For installation 300 bucks
Total: 500 bucks.
** This charges are to be deducted from your tatasky main account balance. So it is better to recharge for the amount before calling for re-location.
Nothing above this needs to be paid to them or even the serviceman.

Once the installation is completed at the new place the serviceman will ask you for a Service OTP message being received on our RMN (registered mobile no) & he claims this otp is a mandate for Closure of the call/ service request.

Well here is the foul play.
95% users aren't aware about this and they blindly give the received otp without even reading the entire sms.

On pretext of some so called Service OTP, which is actually for "Tata sky music pack service" the user shares the otp without noticing the same as these days otp gets flashed on the screen and not the entire sms.
The serviceman receives some call and he shares the otp and leaves for his good.

Now the customer doesn't get it here.
It is when he tries to recharge his for next months subscription or thereafter after successive months, he realizes that the pack value seemed to be increased by 50-60 bucks.
When he gets to CC, they clearly say "you yourselves activated this service and we cannot refund" as they got all the proofs etc at their ends. It is late now as he already has lost couple of bucks during this period. The only option available then is to ask cc to unsubscribe from such stupid unknown packs.

upload_2018-12-22_16-49-24.png

In my case I already recalled how last time this happened to me and this time I will be extra careful.
As soon as the setup was done, the otp thing came he kept talking to me regarding something (this is their tact) & I shared the otp :( again this time.

But it struck me & I asked him how you guys unknowingly activated some service last time etc. and he answered it quite innocently that sir nothing like that why will we activate without your knowledge? And I'm in front of you etc.

And then he received a call from the office and he said work done otp shared...something like activation has been done etc.

To his bad luck while he was checking all channels, a message popped on TV that "Tata sky music pack has been successfully activated and etc etc." Bang!! Caught him straight there.:mad:

I was very furious raised my voice and asked wth is this then??? Are we fools? You make innocent users pay unknowingly and make profits in the background?

Asked him to call the very same no. and he resisted stating you have to call CC and talk with them. I said fine, I wont let you leave my house till then. Do whatever you want to do.
He was already red-faced and pleaded I have so many calls to cover sir, I said you either call the same no. and I will let you go else you are suppose to pay for the service activation and refund me the amount.:playful:

With no option he called that no and I started bashing even without realizing some lady was on the opposite call.

And she was like "sir service hasnt yet got activated I will refund you dont worry etc etc." And she hanged up.
I kept an eye on message on tv as well as on my tatasky app until the charges were reverted back, it was done after 10 mins.

I let that fella go.:p

So guys its better to read the entire message for not just tatasky but for every otp you receive, you never know what motive is hidden behind it.:cool:

This should be sent to the nodal/appellate officer + should be posted in the news websites about it.

If you want, you can contact the websites and share your experience.

I never expected this to happen with the TATA Services at-least. TATA has been one of the more reliable and trusted Group for so many decades now.

The same thing happened to me as well. I had a problem with the STB and they replaced it. In the meanwhile I got an SMS with the OTP. As I read the full SMS I understood that it was for activating Kids Pack. When the service technician asked me for the OTP I refused to give him the OTP and asked why I should activate the Kids Pack? He pleaded for the OTP to complete the service. When I refused he had no option but to leave.

Do the service person (or the people on the other side of the call) get benefited from the useless service that gets activated ?
Any commission may be !!

This should be sent to the nodal/appellate officer + should be posted in the news websites about it.

If you want, you can contact the websites and share your experience.

I never expected this to happen with the TATA Services at-least. TATA has been one of the more reliable and trusted Group for so many decades now.
Can we somehow share this with media without much hullabaloo?

Back