Bharti Airtel to Sell Apple’s iPhone 4 in India - Its official now.

I kept scrolling the page up in the hope of seeing some news about the release of iPhone 4... all I saw was a bunch of fanobis fight it out amongst themselves. Create a new thread for the same! :|

In today's scenario, smartphones are rules less by hardware and more by software (esp apps) and availability and quality of apps does make a lot of difference. In today's scenario, apple is charging a premium basically because it has marketed itself in that way and the quality of apps that they have in their kitty vis-a-vis android which has probably very less controlled apps releases and that results into fake/inferior/malware apps. I am guessing that all apps that come on apple app store must have to be pre approved and then only come which ensures that quality of apps is very good.

Also apple in mobile phones have a single flagship model and thats their trump card.

At least apple is not like HTC churning out brick after brick of android handsets with similar (little difference) specs and similar looks.

^^ This. Even you're interested in buying the current-gen device & not the older one.

And who can guarantee that your intentions won't change after the iPhone5 is out ?

If you're open to VFM products, buy the iPhone SGS now, considering it is just an year older that the iPhone4.

pauldmps said:
^^ This. Even you're interested in buying the current-gen device & not the older one.

And who can guarantee that your intentions won't change after the iPhone5 is out ?

If you're open to VFM products, buy the iPhone SGS now, considering it is just an year older that the iPhone4.

I did not ask for advise, thanks. And it doesnt make any difference to this thread if I change my intentions, so stick to the topic of Bharti/Aircel release of iPhone 4 and NOT make statements about apple, iPhone 4, and outdated devices. Keep it for the mobile buying advise for iPhone 4.

@Sei : thanks for the reminder.

^^ I wanted to stick on the topic but some of you went on bashing me for my comments, so I needed to reply. I guess you have no answer to my arguments.

This is my last post in this thread.

pauldmps said:
^^ I wanted to stick on the topic but some of you went on bashing me for my comments, so I needed to reply. I guess you have no answer to my arguments.

This is my last post in this thread.
I am seriously out of words here, you dont win an argument by just making the closing statement.

You win it by posting references and stating facts that matter and NOT by making personal attacks.

I just dont buy devices because Samsung/HTC proclaim they are the best, they do that every few months and Apple does the same every one year.

I buy a device if I can use its plethora of features and only if its VFM.

@Mods: I guess this post has nothing to do with this thread, please delete it if its too much noise.

Apple seems to be least bothered of marketing in India. Locked Airtel is likely to cost more than an unlocked phone in Singapore. Airtel always came with good plans for new users while old users are overcharged. Airtel is likely to take the same advantage with IP4 users as they wont be able to migrate to other operator. In other words, I will never buy a locked phone at the full price...and become a SLAVE

matoind said:
Airtel is likely to take the same advantage with IP4 users as they wont be able to migrate to other operator.

Not to contradict you, but im wondering if that is applicable with MNP in place. Does anyone know if I have to sign a contract for the above statement <that I have to stay with airtel for x amount of time?>

^^ It is applicable because:
1. Your phone is locked to Airtel "network", not number. So, you are free to move your number but your phone will become worthless.
2. They can even make you sign a contract (but probably won't because they don't subsidize the cost of the handset in India). But hypothetically, if you sign a term contract, then while moving, MNP or no MNP, you will have to pay them an early termination fee. This is what is done in the US.

Back