Big hair in Chicken Shawarma - This is how swiggy is fighting the coronavirus

Techno

Disciple
P_20200320_140502.jpg

There was a big hair in my Chicken Shawarma.

Throw all the crap into the dustbin.

They gave me 20rs refund. What am i going to do with 20rs?

Order No:
Restaurant:
Silly Chilly

This is how they fight coronovirus. This is my last order.

Be safe and don't order food from restaurants during the coronavirus outbreak. From what you can see above neither swiggy or restaurants are doing shit to maintain hygiene.
They just care about making money. Tomorrow if i get coronavirus they wouldn't give a shit.
swiggy and zomato uninstalled.

As COVID-19 becomes a matter of global concern, we’re taking some proactive measures to help minimise the chances of spread of the coronavirus. The safety of our customers, employees, delivery partners and restaurant partners has always been a matter of top priority for us - now more than ever before.

In the wake of COVID-19, here's a quick update on some of the steps we've taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all:
  1. Our delivery partners are continually being trained in best practices of respiratory hygiene, proper method & frequency of washing hands as well as identification of associated symptoms.
  2. Should a delivery partner notice any associated symptoms, they’ve been asked to immediately reach out to us and consult a medical professional. We are providing them with free medical consultation through our partners in such cases.
  3. Our delivery partners have also been advised to self-quarantine themselves for the recommended period upon noticing any symptoms. To ensure their financial safety, we are committed to supporting them financially in such situations.
  4. We are also in touch with our restaurant partners to ensure they’re aware of the best hygiene practices while handling and packaging food items.
  5. Additionally, you may request the delivery partner to leave your package by the door (in case of online payment), in case you are feeling unwell or prefer so.
We’re confident that with the right practices, we can help curb the spread of COVID-19. In the meantime, should you have any concerns about the matter, please reach out to our customer support team at support@swiggy.in or raise a complaint through the Swiggy app .

Read More about the WHO's recommendations on best practices​
Stay safe,
Team Swiggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Which sane person will order from outside when everyone knows hotel kitchens are not cleaned for months? Don't know if the kitchen staff maintain hygiene too.
Especially now during this epidemic. If you want to be safe, order pizza or such foods that will be nuked in the microwave or pre packed food like MTR ready to eat that can be heated.

Why blame swiggy or zomato? Its the hotel from where you ordered right? Blame them directly.
Swiggy is just an agent. Btw looks like a female cooks hair..

swiggy has made the mistake of listing this disease spreading unhigenic restaurants. If they remove the restaurants from swiggy i won't blame swiggy, if not swiggy is to be blamed.

Check point no 4 in SPOILER
(We are also in touch with our restaurant partners to ensure they’re aware of the best hygiene practices while handling and packaging food items. )
This is from the email they sent to everyone.

they are making this false claims thats why only swiggy is to be blamed.

swiggy has made the mistake of listing this disease spreading unhigenic restaurants. If they remove the restaurants from swiggy i won't blame swiggy, if not swiggy is to be blamed.

Check point no 4 in SPOILER
(We are also in touch with our restaurant partners to ensure they’re aware of the best hygiene practices while handling and packaging food items. )
This is from the email they sent to everyone.

they are making this false claims thats why only swiggy is to be blamed.
Any way for you to contact the restaurant directly. You should be sending these photos to them. If they want to remain in business they will act on it.
Post automatically merged:

Which sane person will order from outside when everyone knows hotel kitchens are not cleaned for months? Don't know if the kitchen staff maintain hygiene too.
This applies in normal times too. What you're saying in effect amounts to don't go to a restaurant at all.

Especially now during this epidemic. If you want to be safe, order pizza or such foods that will be nuked in the microwave or pre packed food like MTR ready to eat that can be heated.
As far i know you cannot contract this virus by ingesting it

Even if you did eat food with the virus, there are not many receptors in the digestive track for the virus to cling to, so swallowing the virus would not likely lead to contracting the illness. In other words, your digestive system would get rid of it.

Last edited:
Not going to believe a source where US govt is known to lie by their teeth to stop their nutty population going even more nuts. USA and their govt has zero credibility now. Show some European or Indian study or something.

Indian and other countries hygiene standards are like drain water and drinking water.

Show me a small Indian restaurant that has high health standards. All the zero star restaurants are run on contract and the contractors don't give any importance to hygiene. I've gotten cockroaches, caterpillars, burnt match sticks, hair, and small plastic bits in food when there was no epidemic. Majority of the time the food was clean. But I wouldn't risk it during such an epidemic or any other time. I've stopped eating outside food completely except the branded stuff you get in packets like potato chips, biscuits etc.

Edit: https://www.king5.com/mobile/articl...aces/507-25b40b0b-cf3a-45c5-9d52-2d26cd545ea5

Last edited:
Any way for you to contact the restaurant directly. You should be sending these photos to them. If they want to remain in business they will act on it.

This applies in normal times too. What you're saying in effect amounts to don't go to a restaurant at all.

As far i know you cannot contract this virus by ingesting it

These are small restaurant they won't do anything even if i send them the image. Swiggy should kick them out if they can't maintain basic hygiene.

Personally i would blame the recent boom of cloud kitchens. And i have personally seen how dirty the places can be. Near my old locality, this cloud kitchen had recently opened. At first they started off with lunch bowls, the usual bowl company copy, was kinda interested in what they had and actually ordered once or twice. It was indeed pretty good. Fast forward to now, they have literally touched every cuisine you can think of. From chinese to biryani to thalis and to parathas. They all make it in the same place, but present themselves as much as more than 6 restaurants on swiggy,zomato. And to no shock, the place degraded alot in hygiene, the entrance door was always open, so i saw a family of rats come in from time to time the last time i went there, there were ingredients on the floor, so many shit(not literal shit) scattered everywhere. Made me think twice from then onwards whenever i check for new eats online. The only restaurants i trust from now on are the ones which actually cater to diners too, i know that not all the eateries are the same, some are better some are worse but i just hope they're better than what i have seen from cloud kitchens.

Perfectly explaned video why you shouldn't order food from restaurants during the coronavirus outbreak.

Last edited:
listing this disease spreading unhigenic restaurants.
Its a huge market so they will list any (even the one situated in slums) but its up to you form whom to order.
Hence always order online form hotel where you have walked physically and whom you trust!

swiggy has hygienic and unhygienic restaurants listed. they also have hygienic rating when you open a restaurant, so check that when you order next time

when ever i order at midnights mostly only cheap restaurants available and some of them even sell 2days old food or leftovers, so i have stopped buying from them. swiggy have little to no control over these business practices

Take the screenshot of the Order, Provides pictures to the Food Inspector of your municipality.

They will book them, at least a lesson for the rest of the food joints.

Take the screenshot of the Order, Provides pictures to the Food Inspector of your municipality.

They will book them, at least a lesson for the rest of the food joint.
seriously its not enough proof, swiggy or restaurant might call the customer a liar, i have read a news where a person requested several free meals saying that he found hair in meals. google it

Note : im not saying that op is lying

These are small restaurant they won't do anything even if i send them the image. Swiggy should kick them out if they can't maintain basic hygiene.
Even more important for small restaurant to act. Send it to them if you can. They are the ones who can fix this problem. Not swiggy.

Perfectly explaned video why you shouldn't order food from restaurants during the coronavirus outbreak.

Eh ? where does it say in that video you should not order food from restaurants ?

Do you know what hydrochloric acid is ? it kills things when it comes into contact with them.

That's what's in your digestive tract. I've already posted there are no receptors in the digestive tract for this virus to attach to.

You will not get coronoa virus even if an infected person prepared your meal. Even if they spit in it !!

Even when there is bird flu outbreak you cannot get sick if you eat an infected bird.

The container might have something on it, if you touch your hand to your nose or eyes then you can contract it.

If you choke on your food and some of it enters your breathing tract you might get it. But food in your breathing tract means you bigger problems already :D

Corona virus is air borne. Not food borne.

The points about hygenic preparation apply as they did before. To prevent e.coli etc.

You can still get food poisoning.

Not going to believe a source where US govt is known to lie by their teeth to stop their nutty population going even more nuts. USA and their govt has zero credibility now. Show some European or Indian study or something.
Then get busy because i don't prove negatives. For you to show you can get infected with corona virus by eating food

Indian and other countries hygiene standards are like drain water and drinking water.

Show me a small Indian restaurant that has high health standards. All the zero star restaurants are run on contract and the contractors don't give any importance to hygiene. I've gotten cockroaches, caterpillars, burnt match sticks, hair, and small plastic bits in food when there was no epidemic. Majority of the time the food was clean. But I wouldn't risk it during such an epidemic or any other time. I've stopped eating outside food completely except the branded stuff you get in packets like potato chips, biscuits etc.

Edit: https://www.king5.com/mobile/articl...aces/507-25b40b0b-cf3a-45c5-9d52-2d26cd545ea5
All of this was true before this pandemic. All the precautions we take still apply but not to do with corona.

I won't eat salads in a restaurant because its raw, and who know how clean hands of those prepared were. Subway is fine though. Never had any trouble.

I won't buy bhel puri from street vendors for the same reason. Water could be contaminated.

I won't buy kebabs from restaurants where the people handle the food with their hands AFTER its cooked because i have experienced food poisoning this way.

I'm aware corona virus can survive for up to two days in 37 degrees heat, yes. But its no match fort the HCl in your guts :)

Its a huge market so they will list any (even the one situated in slums) but its up to you form whom to order.
Hence always order online form hotel where you have walked physically and whom you trust!
This is pretty much what I do

Last edited:
Then get busy because i don't prove negatives. For you to show you can get infected with corona virus by eating food

I'm not going to get the virus just to prove something to you when you don't take time to prove anything and just spout nonsense from retards like Trump and his yes men and take it as gospel. It's your choice to buy food from outside and get infected and pass on the infections to your entire family at the diner table where you will get together. Just FYI, India lacks even basic oxygen tanks now to give to normal patients. Imagine getting Corona because of your ego and getting nothing and watching people gasp for breath in front of you. Don't be one of those idiots. If you don't care about yourself, at least care about your family members.

Do you know what hydrochloric acid is ? it kills things when it comes into contact with them.

That's what's in your digestive tract. I've already posted there are no receptors in the digestive tract for this virus to attach to.

You will not get coronoa virus even if an infected person prepared your meal. Even if they spit in it !!

Not true. As per this article - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41368-020-0074-x
This article also states that tongue has large number of ACE2 receptors, to which nCoV-19 has affinity.
a latest pilot experiment showed that 4 out of 62 stool specimens tested positive to 2019-nCoV, and another four patients in a separate cohort who tested positive to rectal swabs had the 2019-nCoV being detected in the gastrointestinal tract, saliva, or urine
our results support that in addition to the respiratory droplets and direct contact, fecal–oral transmission might also be the route of transmission of 2019-nCoV.
The ACE2-expressing cells in oral tissues, especially in epithelial cells of tongue, might provide possible routes of entry for the 2019-nCov, which indicate oral cavity might be a potential risk route of 2019-nCov infection.

Another article based on MERS-CoV, which is very closely related to the nCoV-19.
Without going into scientific jargon, the findings of this article in short is this:
- Human intestinal cells are highly susceptible to MERS CoV
- MERS CoV is considerably resistant to gastric and intestinal acids
- Human GIT has been identified as a source of entry for other coronaviruses, including SARS virus

Not true. As per this article - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41368-020-0074-x
This article also states that tongue has large number of ACE2 receptors, to which nCoV-19 has affinity.
Very good. Your paper does suggest its possible for the virus to attach to those all important ACE2 receptors in the tongue.

So why have we got no cases which were food borne yet ?

British NHS says you won't catch it from food.

French say its possible that an infected person can contaminate food. Which is fine. The virus is now on the food.

BUT, they have no evidence to show that EATING food with the virus leads to sickness from corona virus.

What this does is contradict earlier advice where they say don't touch your mouth.

Well, if i can eat infected food then why does touching my mouth with infected hands matter then ?

Aussies saying no evidence it can be spread via food. Gemans too

Can you get infected with SARS-CoV-2 via contaminated frozen food?
The previous coronaviruses SARS and MERS are resistant to cold and can remain infectious at minus 20 degrees Celsius for up to 2 years in a frozen state. However, so far there is no evidence of chains of infection for SARS-CoV-2 through food consumption, including frozen food. Compliance with the general rules of hygiene for preparing food should be taken into account

Another article based on MERS-CoV, which is very closely related to the nCoV-19.
Without going into scientific jargon, the findings of this article in short is this:
- Human intestinal cells are highly susceptible to MERS CoV
- MERS CoV is considerably resistant to gastric and intestinal acids
- Human GIT has been identified as a source of entry for other coronaviruses, including SARS virus
In theory its possible but why aren't we finding evidence to support it yet ?

Even more important for small restaurant to act. Send it to them if you can. They are the ones who can fix this problem. Not swiggy.

Eh ? where does it say in that video you should not order food from restaurants ?

Even when there is bird flu outbreak you cannot get sick if you eat an infected bird.

The container might have something on it, if you touch your hand to your nose or eyes then you can contract it.

If you choke on your food and some of it enters your breathing tract you might get it. But food in your breathing tract means you bigger problems already :D

Corona virus is air borne. Not food borne.

The points about hygenic preparation apply as they did before. To prevent e.coli etc.

You can still get food poisoning.

All of this was true before this pandemic. All the precautions we take still apply but not to do with corona.

I won't eat salads in a restaurant because its raw, and who know how clean hands of those prepared were. Subway is fine though. Never had any trouble.

I won't buy bhel puri from street vendors for the same reason. Water could be contaminated.

I won't buy kebabs from restaurants where the people handle the food with their hands AFTER its cooked because i have experienced food poisoning this way.

I'm aware corona virus can survive for up to two days in 37 degrees heat, yes. But its no match fort the HCl in your guts :)

This is pretty much what I do

Justice will be served only when swiggy kicks out this third class disease spreading unhigenic restaurants from its network.

When the infected food touches the mouth the human gets infected with COVID-19. What you said is complete nonsense.
Don't order food from restaurants during the coronavirus outbreak.

Last edited:
When the infected food touches the mouth the human gets infected with COVID-19. What you said is complete nonsense.
Don't order food from restaurants during the coronavirus outbreak.
No CDC of any country has made this claim is my point

I would say do not worry about online food delivery when it comes to this virus.

If you want to avoid contracting this virus i will give you a simple solution.

Avoid groups of people. Group means more than 3 people. Keep your distance. Any group, every group.

Always keep this in your mind if you are out doors.

If you cannot do that say when you go to a shop or the market then wear a mask or even a scarf.

Do not mix with people, do not visit your neighbours, stay away from your friends & family.

Today is Ugadi. How do you celebrate it. You cannot mix with people.

Soon it will be Easter Sunday. Cannot meet family.

Avoiding groups will decrease your chances of getting this virus many fold.

Take an example of Wuhan. Tech city like Bangalore with 11 million people. Wuhan has 50,000 infected.

So what is my risk of exposure if i am in Wuhan, epicentre. Ground ZERO ?

0.005% or 1 in 22,000

Very low.

I follow a vlogger who lives in Wuhan. He lives in a housing society. There are 500 people but 50 people are infected. So odds are 1 in 10.

How the odds increased from 1 in 22,000 to 1 in 10 ??

Because of Chinese new year. Jan 19 -25. Nobody told them not to meet. So people in the society went to each others house like they do every chinese new year.

Chinese new year is like Diwali. Nobody remains alone. Every body meets some one else.

That is why 50 out of 500 were infected in that society. It's not their fault. Nobody told them to be careful. It was too late when the notice came.

Last edited:
Back