Big Let down by Prime ABGB

unonymouz

Disciple
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/kernel-power-41-problems-detected-during-174663.html

My older post, to which nobody replied.
If anybody comes here asking how to spend money, everybody has suggestions, but nobody tried to help me out.

My Corsair RAM hasn't come back from Bangalore yet. Nilima told me that they haven't been able to contact them. I submitted it on the 6th of September, and I have been only told that I will be told when it comes back. I didn't know Prime had such terrible customer service. I guess they have become a little lazy, or maybe only the "rich" folks get speedy RMA.

My PC was never overclocked, never changed any settings, and yet I would get BSODs. Till now the lab technician Preeti, at PrimeABGB told me that they were not getting any problems. Today, they tell me, that they are also getting BSODs all the time, and that HDDs weren't getting detected after a BSOD. They said it's a HDD error. Wonderful. It's been less than 6 months of use.

I won't be recommending PrimeABGB or techenclave to anybody from now on. :clap::thanx:

^^^^ Why the hell are you blaming TE for this?

As far as PrimeAbgb is concerned your are rite..Now a days thier customer service is really pathetic..

But again stop blaming TE for this.

I am not a rich spoil brat and i dont spend money on upgrades every month, but when i have any issues TE experts has always helped in one way or the other.

And i dont think its about rich people and poor people.Come out of that stupid mentality of yours.

And finally..Do you really think if you dont recommend TE to anybody else TE won't have any new members?

People have suggested prime mostly to mumbai members because they can personally go there and get their problems solved.
Never had a problem with them or their products so cant judge, but they are the only shop i know who does the leg work of doing the process of RMA rather than searching their respective centres.
Also you could have replaced your corsair rams at kaizen.
Did they say that they cant RMA The rams ?

Funny, when I posted asking for further directions, and guidance as to what should I do, nobody replied. But you guys are quick to assume that I'm blaming TE/Prime ABGB. Hmm, you must have security issues.

My only concern was that nobody else should face similar problems after shelling out a premium price, and a rig that cost them 60,000. I have been patient, and spoken my words very kindly, and yet I expected this "Prime ABGB rockzorr, you suckzorrr, you suckzorrr, TE rockzorrr" kind of attitude. Grow up, will you?

I am not trying to prevent people from joining techenclave. My only worry is that I shouldn't give out bad advice to anybody else. Whenever somebody asked me about a new purchase, I would always direct them to PrimeABGB without thinking twice. But knowing the kind of shabby response I have endeared from you fellas, makes me want to step back.

Just because you got your questions answered doesn't mean that somebody else had the same experience. It would be a small step towards maturity for you if you respected my opinion, in the same way I respect yours pratik.

That's why I mentioned the poor/rich thing. I thought, techenclave was a place where gray matters. But, if somebody buys a new HDTV, or a 500 dollar headphone, everybody has a comment, but problems such as these are dealt no better than rashi deals with his customers.

EDIT : My RAM was submitted on the 6th of September. They have not "been in touch" with the RMA center at Bangalore since then. They say that their "mobile was not answering". Weird. I called them up two days ago, and Nilima was very quick to hang up. When I asked her if she wanted to hang up on me, she said Yes. Would you believe that?

I stay in mumbai, santacruz. I waited many days for techenclave experts to tell me what to do after my errors, and eventually after no guidance I thought of giving it to Prime. Had I been told to go elsewhere with the RAM, I would have. But I didn't get any response. You can check my old thread for your benefit. I was really lost, and somebody else on MSI forums suggested problems with my RAM or my board. So, I gave the RAM first, and then my entire rig. It is still sitting there in their labs.

You could have approached Kaizen to get your RAM replaced. They could have done it much faster IMO since they are the authorized service centers for Corsair and deal with such issues anyway.

In your case, you seem to be pissed off because none bothered to respond to your query. Rather than Prime delaying the RMA. Oh well! I sympathise with you.

PS: Instead of blindly taking the entire PC to Prime, you could have attempted some basic troubleshooting such as swapping the sticks with another pair, or vice-versa on a friend's PC (considering a whole lot of TE members stay at Bombay). Similarly with the hard drive.

No, I'm not pissed because nobody replied to my query. I'm pissed for spending 60,000, and trusting techenclave and Prime. I got my friend a PC from Prime, and I'm praying nothing happens to that.

Well, thanks for telling me about Kaizen now. It's too late anyways. Can you guys take a look at my posts and tell me what the problem is? Preeti, from Prime, is now telling me that it's a HDD error, and I will have to back up 150GB of data, have the HDD replaced. The BSODs are random. Previously, they told me my PC was fine. Is it my motherboard?My RAM?My PSU is low voltage? My HDD? I would like to atleast know what is going on. The engineers are not able to pinpoint the problem.

^^ You dont pay TE or any of the members for tech support, so stop cribbing. People might not know the solution for your problem, do you yet want them dish out crappy posts, so just your query can be resolved.

I am not partial towards Prime, but try doing the leg-work yourself, you will know its much worst off. Apart from Prime I do not know anyone else who will do all the leg-work. If you have alternatives please do post, it would be helpful to everyone.

Have you tried contacting RMA for Corsair directly? If not, please do.

Also check if your mobo has any incompatibility with any RAM modules, in addition, try a long memtest run (Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool) and post the results here. If your PC is at Prime, ask them to try the system on a different power supply too.

Hmm, I really don't know what else to say.

I never expected you to tell me what my problems were. Instead, if you had told me to submit my RAM at Kaizen, or had told me to tell Prime to try a different PSU, I would have saved a lot of time by now. Yet, your advice comes with a lot of negativity, and you are extremely fast at telling me to do things I have already done. I have run a memtest. Errors. I changed my RAM. BSOD one day later. Did my RAM test again, error. Did you take the time to read my previous post?

I am more than willing to pay you a premium if it gets you to talk to me in a decent manner that is becoming of your status as a moderator.

Had I come here with 1 lakh rupees asking how to spend it, you would have been willing. But, I came asking for very little help. Now, when I remind you guys of your negligence in the most direct way possible, after being patient for 15 days, you tell me I'm cribbing? :eek: What kind of people are you? I'm still asking for help, and you moderators are busy playing the blame game instead of telling me what to do.

If at all, I am more than willing to make a certain donation of money to techenclave and it's wonderful staff, if it means that they help me.

^^ as he said!

Did you use google to search for the following?

[a] kernel power issues

corsair's rma partners in India/Mumbai

A basic google search for corsair ram rma in mumbai would've taken you to the right location. you could zero in on the area with google maps!

Corsair's rma process for ram modules/power supply units/thumbdrives happens to be the best in India. All you need to do is go there and then give them your faulty product and within 5-7 days you are sent a brand new replacement complete with retail packing.

You haven't mentioned what sort of ram you use--is it the corsair value series? is it the xms 3 series? is it the dominator?(I guess not)

You took our advice and spent 60k on your desktop and now that something hasn't worked out the way you wanted it to you blame us - typical! The same could've happened had you taken the advice from some other forum/ friend / shop keeper / dealer. Electronic goods can fail at times so stop blaming people.

PS- Do behave nicely - you do come across as a rude person (just my observation) bottle up your anger if you want people to help you out.

I've had a similar experience with PrimeABGB. Their staff is really rude. I waited for an entire day to get my MoBo replaced and then was asked to come back the next day to get the same treatment again. I would never recommend PrimeABGB to anybody.

About blaming TE, that's not fair !

TE is not a onsite tech support forum where incase if you have issues someone from TE will come at your place and will help you to resolve the issue

I think you expected too much from TE..

BTW as Darkangel said if you so noob than you should have gone for Branded PC where you get onsite support..

So stop cribbing and dont blame TE

All these posts now ... I think if these people responded in the similar manner in hes previous thread he wont have come out rude ... :|

BTW there are many n00bs around .. i remember i explained many people about how to install Win 7 on their PC ... [ not on this forum ] ... it was caz i wanted to help them ... or else i would rather have them thrashed just for not googling it ...

Yes, please PM asking for money. I will most gladly oblige. :)

Also, let me tell you a certain story. You know the ITWares? I forgot his name. I was going to initially make this PC purchase from him after finding out that so many of you trusted him. After all, you guys all humped Prime and ITWares a lot. So, I thought of doing it too. I went there. I called him up, and he said that he was "waiting for me outside to pick me up". I tried searching for his shop, and 2 shopowners told me to avoid him at all costs. They told me to go to Prime, or elsewhere. They told me that he is very shady, and people complain about him a lot, and that he changes locations very often. So, warranty is a big issue with him. I still went there to meet him on goodwill, and knowing that you guys trusted him. He made a call to ask for the prices, and for 10 minutes, nobody answered him on the other end. He kept on asking for prices and never got them. Instead he called up his friend, and began chatting. I left from there. I got so scared thinking that I was about to spend 60,000 on a fellow you guys trusted so much, and he was chatting like this. Don't you understand the responsibility that comes with managing a site like this? Are you guys that blind? I was not going to tell you guys about this ITWares issue, but now since you are so apt at telling me that it's not your fault, I had to open up. It's not your fault, and neither is it mine, but it's your responsibility to help. And you guys seem awfully concerned about who's getting the blame to be even minutely worried about my predicament. What if some poor bloke lands into trouble after all the ruckus you create here about how this dealer is good, or that dealer is bad. You don't really care for that do you? After all, its not your money, and it's not your problem.

As for the rest of you guys, did you read my original post? My RAM gave random errors. Sometimes it would, others, it would run wonderfully. I did not even know if my RAM was spoilt, or it was something else. I waited for days before I gave it for RMA. Had I got one reply, I would have taken the right action. I'm going to mail Corsair right now and ask them for assistance.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

God, you idiots. I didn't even know what was the problem. Sometimes it would crash, sometimes not. Sometimes RAM would show errors, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes HDDs would get detected, sometimes they wouldn't. Am I a noob to ask you how to diagnose my problem and what to do? I was more than willing to have it RMAd, but none of you replied. Are you busy with only spending money and not helping? I didn't ask for you to come down to my house, only asked for you to tell me what to do. Why are you guys being so rude and incompassionate?

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/why-this-sound-comes-from-cabinet-174752.html

Read this.

Atleast I gave a proper account of my problem. This guy said that a certain noise comes from his system. Pee Pee Pee.

And so many people replied.

How ignorant and foolish are you to treat me in such a horrible way just to keep yourselves from any trouble?

P.S. - I tried changing HDDs and RAM. Same problem persisted. Even installed latest drivers, BIOS, default settings, updated Windows. I will call Prime ABGB and ask them to change the PSU and check.

I mailed Corsair. I gave them my serial number and other relevant details. I hope my problem gets sorted out. Will call Prime and tell them to change the PSU.

dark.lord.rules said:
All these posts now ... I think if these people responded in the similar manner in hes previous thread he wont have come out rude ... :|

BTW there are many n00bs around .. i remember i explained many people about how to install Win 7 on their PC ... [ not on this forum ] ... it was caz i wanted to help them ... or else i would rather have them thrashed just for not googling it ...
It could have been that his thread could have missed by persons who really know about what the problem was. Most people spend their precious time here to help out others. Its not good to be rude to ppl and he will get it back.

How active has the OP been in the forums and helping out fellow TEians to expect the favour back? Less than 100 posts in 2.5 years. I guess he just posts whenever he wants to buy something and he has an issue with his H/W.

http://www.techenclave.com/search.php?searchid=10457

Guess rest of his threads had decent amt of replies.
unonymouz said:
Yes, please PM asking for money. I will most gladly oblige. :)

Also, let me tell you a certain story. You know the ITWares? I forgot his name. I was going to initially make this PC purchase from him after finding out that so many of you trusted him. After all, you guys all humped Prime and ITWares a lot. So, I thought of doing it too. I went there. I called him up, and he said that he was "waiting for me outside to pick me up". I tried searching for his shop, and 2 shopowners told me to avoid him at all costs. They told me to go to Prime, or elsewhere. They told me that he is very shady, and people complain about him a lot, and that he changes locations very often. So, warranty is a big issue with him. I still went there to meet him on goodwill, and knowing that you guys trusted him. He made a call to ask for the prices, and for 10 minutes, nobody answered him on the other end. He kept on asking for prices and never got them. Instead he called up his friend, and began chatting. I left from there. I got so scared thinking that I was about to spend 60,000 on a fellow you guys trusted so much, and he was chatting like this. Don't you understand the responsibility that comes with managing a site like this? Are you guys that blind? I was not going to tell you guys about this ITWares issue, but now since you are so apt at telling me that it's not your fault, I had to open up. It's not your fault, and neither is it mine, but it's your responsibility to help. And you guys seem awfully concerned about who's getting the blame to be even minutely worried about my predicament. What if some poor bloke lands into trouble after all the ruckus you create here about how this dealer is good, or that dealer is bad. You don't really care for that do you? After all, its not your money, and it's not your problem.

As for the rest of you guys, did you read my original post? My RAM gave random errors. Sometimes it would, others, it would run wonderfully. I did not even know if my RAM was spoilt, or it was something else. I waited for days before I gave it for RMA. Had I got one reply, I would have taken the right action. I'm going to mail Corsair right now and ask them for assistance.

God, you idiots. I didn't even know what was the problem. Sometimes it would crash, sometimes not. Sometimes RAM would show errors, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes HDDs would get detected, sometimes they wouldn't. Am I a noob to ask you how to diagnose my problem and what to do? I was more than willing to have it RMAd, but none of you replied. Are you busy with only spending money and not helping? I didn't ask for you to come down to my house, only asked for you to tell me what to do. Why are you guys being so rude and incompassionate?

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/why-this-sound-comes-from-cabinet-174752.html

Read this.
Atleast I gave a proper account of my problem. This guy said that a certain noise comes from his system. Pee Pee Pee.
And so many people replied.

How ignorant and foolish are you to treat me in such a horrible way just to keep yourselves from any trouble?

P.S. - I tried changing HDDs and RAM. Same problem persisted. Even installed latest drivers, BIOS, default settings, updated Windows. I will call Prime ABGB and ask them to change the PSU and check.

Hope the guy gets wome infractions :p

Back