Big Let down by Prime ABGB

kippu said:
for eg: and this is the only one i can relate to , if any one asks for advice on a computer for animation , the first thing is always raised is get a quadro card , not that the person who is advising would have one or not or is anyway remotely working with 3d or animation , its always go for quadro and ofcrse the fastest intel that you can find in his budget , it is not right and the person will just be blowing his money on it

It is all fine when they suggest something as they are free to express their opinion (without having ever used the hardware they suggest like intel/amd or quadro/gamingcards), but then it gets very funny when they argue with someone else about it who actually is using or has used the hardware and knows more about it in most cases.
mach9 said:
This has started happening ever since Meenal left.
this is just the case with you, infact i have started dealing with prime after i started getting quotes from swapnil (around 2-3 months before meenal left) who i talked to luckily when meenal was on holiday. Meenal had always quoted me higher so i always used to buy from astronomy computers. Nowdays i always deal with ashok. So it can be different for everyone.

stormblast said:
this is just the case with you, infact i have started dealing with prime after i started getting quotes from swapnil (around 2-3 months before meenal left) who i talked to luckily when meenal was on holiday. Meenal had always quoted me higher so i always used to buy from astronomy computers. Nowdays i always deal with ashok. So it can be different for everyone.
i have to agree with you on this. of the very few times i've been there apart from the time taken to get the product from the time when u say" I'll buy it". i have no problems with them.

last time time had to wait for more than 30 minutes :mad:

primegb said:
Hey

Please send me a mail with your details of Rma will look into it personally and give you some solution by tomo evening irrespective of service centre support or no. You can mail me on gulbir@primebagb.com and keep the subject and Rma Delay

hey mr.gulbir, welcome to our tiny little world :D .. it certainly is a nice gesture to come here

@primegb
Like most TEF members I feel much better now that you have become a member and will read our feedback.
My experience with Prime has been mostly +ve ( except for over charging me a bit !). In fact, for the past few years I have never gone to any other dealer.

Why does Prime insist Transcend memory warranty is only 3 years ? Some time back I tried to RMA Transcend DDR1. I was told by Prime the warranty is only 3 years, I wrote to Transcend - they told me Transcend warranty is 'lifetime' and to contact Accel. I went there and (successfully) RMAed the memory.

Why don't you start a 'PrimeABGB' thread ? You won't have to search the entire forum.

And, how about making Edifier speakers available at the store ?

primegb said:
Hey

Please send me a mail with your details of Rma will look into it personally and give you some solution by tomo evening irrespective of service centre support or no. You can mail me on gulbir@primebagb.com and keep the subject and Rma Delay
Thats a very nice gesture... cheers. :)

@primeabgb

very nice to see you responding to feedback here.

have always had a positive experience at prime be it sales or after-sales.

like others pointed out, pricing was a lil higher at times but i did not mind it as after-sales was very helpful to me.

well i still bargain when the prices are considerably high. :p

appreciate dealers taking the online community feedback into consideration. :)

Wow now Primeabgb is a member of TE

As suggested by other members please open a new thread in regards with PrimeABGB so that you dont need to search the entire forum

:D

Welcome to TE, Gulbir. Although I haven't been to your store at LR nor met you in person, I have got loads of stuff from your store online. Right from my very first high-end PC I had assembled way back in Aug. 2007 (had it shipped all the way to Palakkad, KL) to the TRU120E Black I have been using ATM. :p

Meenal, while she used to be there was very kind to me and was extremely helpful at times.

Keep up the good work and glad that you have finally joined TE as a member. :thumb:

rocky_pratik said:
Wow now Primeabgb is a member of TE
He always was a lurker here AFAIK. :p

unonymouz said:
Okay,

I don't get any file errors, or any events in my Event Viewer to indicate the HDD is at fault. The only problem is that when a BSOD occurs, my SATA drives and rom do not get detected. I have to start from a cold boot.

The BSODs occurs randomly. Sometimes on idle, sometimes while playing games, sometimes when browsing. I haven't been able to pinpoint my problem. The BSOD stays on for a few seconds, the memory dumps and bang, its gone. I think I may have some dump files, if they haven't formatted my HDD again.

Sometimes, Windows memory diagnostic gives errors, sometimes it doesn't. It's quite random, and it definitely gives a memory error after a BSOD.

I've searched many posts online, and they all seem to agree that the vx450 is enough for my system. I'm not overclocking anything at all. I even underclocked!!!

I tried disabling the page file, but that didn't help either.

I recieved a mail from Corsair saying that my RAM is with them and they haven't dispatched it yet. I don't know when that will happen.

Prime said that they will check my PC with a new SMPS but it took some convincing. So, I'm a little worried about how to convince them about a motherboard check!!!

The temporary Gskill ram i got also gave errors in 24 hours. It was brand new and box packed. I even purchased an APC UPS. But that didn't help either.

Prime said that my HDD is at fault because they get BSODs with my HDD but not theirs. Also, they use a 32 bit OS for testing, whereas, mine is 64 bit. Next time I will ask them to install windows xp and check for errors, but I fear their patience is wearing thin.

Thank you for answering me so nicely now. I wish you guys had been a little compassionate in the morning.
How did you conclude that the ram modules and PS was faulty? did you even try to analyze the problem? did you even search TE? I think no. else you would've checked the following threads.
http://www.techenclave.com/operating-systems/blue-screen-of-death-152337.html#post1322770
http://www.techenclave.com/guides-a...es-of-crashing-windows-119344.html#post921774

BOSDs dont usually happen due to hardware faults. 99% of the time, unless you are overclocking the system.
I think you should've tried a little more rather than being a cry baby.

Back