Biggest Anti Show off ever (Jealousy warning!!)

raksrules

Elite
So here is my Biggest anti show off ever till date. Welcome to my iFamily. It's Anti show off because if everything goes as per plan, I will have scored these 2 latest iPhones for free. (Yeah finally upgraded from my 4S).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448848416.351371.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448848450.418170.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448848469.037200.jpg

Some more Free phones (all worthless except G4 since they probably don't have GSM radio, so will be selling as Verizon only compatible phones)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448848700.233817.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448848726.270481.jpg

Edit: 22nd Dec 2015

Received the iPad Air 2 as well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450723229.991057.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450723247.492557.jpg

Edit: 22nd Jan 2016

Got an iPad Mini 4 64GB

2016-01-22 18.02.09.jpg

2016-01-22 18.02.19.jpg

Last edited:
All FREE..? As in really free?? :shifty:

Yes at then end I expect them to become totally free. In fact I am fairly positive that I may be able to score an iPad Air 2 for free as well. Cannot confirm this as of now though. Let's see how it goes.
This was through a Verizon deal that came where they were giving trade in credits of $300 even for $10 junk phones and adding lines (no contract). The deal was not straightforward and as of now it is sort of dead. I have actually not taken full advantage. If I knew about this lot before, I could have ended up numerous free devices. I know people who got as much as 30 free phones and money in their pockets and this is even before selling those phones for more profit.

When I say free, the final out of pocket should be NIL. As of now I have only paid taxes on these phones as they were taken on installment plan. But I will be able to take those taxes amount back some time later.

In fact I am fairly positive that I may be able to score an iPad Air 2 for free as well.
:mad: Don't make us jealous..!

If I knew about this lot before, I could have ended up numerous free devices. I know people who got as much as 30 free phones and money in their pockets and this is even before selling those phones for more profit.
Damn.. First world benefits and first world problems.

Why free? I don't understand the concept of free phones. Where is it available actually?

This is not your usual get a 2 year contract and phone is free wala Free.
These were not intended to be free or anything but the calculations were such that made it free. Infact the cheaper Windows phones you see were bought to cover the cost of the expensive iPhones.
As I said, it was not a straightforward deal and required some Calculations.

Requesting the mods to delete this thread and ban OP!

Indeed. But he seemed to have made a thorough calculation and research which the average users like us might not have been aware of. This is actually the first time I've heard of something like this. Needless to say I'm amazed. Well played raks.
@avi did you know?

LOL... you don't know but desis are adept at finding such loopholes.

There was no Loophole actually. I know many of you follow slickdeals but most of the deals are useless for people sitting in India so we don't even bother checking them, this was true when I was in India as well, totally ignored those deals. But this verizon deal which came, started with people trying to score a Free LG G4 (totally free, no contract BS) but ended up being a lot lot bigger with people getting iPhones and what not for free. I think this was the biggest thread in SD history (previous one being the HP Touchpad firesale one). Here is the thread if anyone is interested, don't bother reading all the pages, it is just too long...

http://slickdeals.net/f/8197379-lg-g4-smartphone-20-mm-promo-extended?v=1

Don't go on title of the thread. And no I did not do all calculations myself, people on SD have scored a lot more than I have. If I want to give the gist it is like this...

1. Add a new line on verizon with a device trade in. They had lots of smartphones on the list and even $10 smartphones were eligible, so people (including me) scoured walmrt, family dollar etc stores for cheap $10 smartphones just for trade in.
2. Now add this new line and select a device, say iPhone 6S 64GB which is $749+ Taxes. Purchase this on installment on verizon. So TODAY you pay only TAX nothing else, everything else is installment.
3. Now you traded in a phone for $300 so here itself, you got a discount of $300 on your iPhone purchase. This bring iPhone cost to $449 (leave out taxes for the time being for simplicty). Yes you had to forgo a $10 smartphone for trade in so make it $459.
4. Now after you received the device and activated it, you would get another trade in code after 24 hours which makes you eligible for another $300 trade in so you get another $10 smartphone to trade in.
5. Now again you get $300 back which bring iPhone cost to $459 - $300 = $159 + $10 (trade in phone) = $169.
6. Add to this taxes and few days of verizon service charges, you end up with an iPhone for under $250.

Now Now, this deal above is ok, but it also means I still spend $250.

So what people did ???

Bought more lines, LG Lancets, they cost $120 and verizon had $50 off code which worked on this (their mistake) which bought cost to $70 and this phone too was having trade in offer. So with lancets you get...

$70 (price of lancet) - $300 (first trade in) - $300 (second trade in on same line using sms code) = NEGATIVE $530 + $20 (2 trade in phones) = NEGATIVE $510
Yes each Lancet would EARN you $510, so if you got one lancet and one iPhone, above, you actually would end up with NEGATIVE balance which means nothing out of pocket.
People bought the LG Lancets only to cover price of higher priced phones.

The deal is still on but with lot of conditions and in my cases trade in transactions being flagged and such. Now verizon has a condition that one has to keep service for 3 months to get the $300 trade in value else they will take it back. This is why I am now forced to keep service on one of my lines for 3 months (I took this line after this new clause came in).

I am not sure if I was able to explain this deal properly. Tried to.

Last edited:
I think that its all because of thanks to social media that many people are exploiting it lol. Words travel fast, more so for online deals!
You 'muricans always get the deals which the rest of the world can only dream of. :rage:
btw OT: just how many phones can one bring from the US to India? With/without the retail box. Is there a fixed number? Just curious.

@iPwnz

Not sure if it was an exploit because verizon themselves were advertising the $300 trade in offer on cable TV as well. The thing is that their $50 off coupon was supposed to work on phones priced $300 or more but it worked on all phones so people got LG Lancets for $120-$50 = $70 and on top of that they were giving $300 in trade in value per phone so even if one bought this phone at full price, he would get $120 phone and verizon giving back $300. This verizon was also aware.
What came as surprise to most people was a SECOND CODE which came as text message to those phones 24 hours after they were activated, which essentially offered them another $300 if they traded in another cheap phone WITHOUT adding another line or buying another device. So essentially $600 back.
People who did not bother opening their new phones or turn it on (so they could sell it as sealed pack piece) never got that code it was bonus for people who opened and activated the phone.
This second code actually stopped after a certain date when it seems verizon fixed their system.

Back