Biggest MMORPG Scam

elendil

Disciple
Just read this. A MMORPG Blog is running this story of how a guy pulled off one of the biggest scams in MMORPG history.
QJ.NET - MMORPG Blog - 24/7 Coverage of the Latest MMORPG News - Biggest scam in EVE Online history

Its over a week old, but this dude has seriously pWn3d some unsuspecting fools. He's even recorded a video confession !!
It's the story of a guy named "cally", who ran a corporation, a player-operated bank called "Eve Intergalactic Bank". Over the course of four months, hundreds of players deposited money in his bank, which offered interest, loans and insurance like every other ordinary bank. Except for the fact that one day, cally decided to grab all the money that was deposited and fly off to space with an alleged total sum of 790 billion Isk. In real life, this would translate to $170,000 - quite possibly the biggest MMO scam ever conducted.

lmao... hats off to him.

this is what a fan had to say

» he is a f**kwit

that dentara rast guy scammed me outta nearly 20 billion isk that took me almost 2 years to build up. I hope he dies of testicular cancer -- if this ***** scammed you then spam his email address with hate mail dentara.rast@ntlworld.com

Thanks to him im quitting eve, the game that i love.

by eve player that was scamzzored (Unregistered), at Aug 23, 2006 at 06:17PM

lmfao !!

Back