CPU/Mobo Biostar 790GX 128 A2+ , Wrongly flashed, no display

altainta

Disciple
Hello my phenom x2 II 550 was not recognized in the bios so i tried to flash the bios with the latest 78DEA525.BST bios from biostar website with the destop utility of biostar for flashing bios. But My electricity started fluctuating bcoz of heavy rain and system restarted
Now no dispay... Only one startup dignostic led blink and the dvd rom light stay on
Please help

Hello Buddy,

Why you took the chance :no:, One should always keep a backup power supply (UPS) that too in a fully charged condition before making any upgradation to bios,

anyways what has happend is past ! i hope you might have taken some back of the older bios on USB drive if not download a bios file to USB Harddrive from the Biostar website. then first clear Cmos Memory of your board
and then restart if your display comes on, revert back to the older bios using the USB Drive with Biostar Bios utility BIOS relife.

hope this is helpfull to you,

All the good luck to you
Bye

I have a backup of the original Bios on D:

Actually when i tried to format the UTILITY hanged and the system was stuck (no mouse was moving etc)

and because of that i am not able to boot anymore...

LED_D1 ON

LED_D2 OFF

cd rom light ON (IT doesn't turn off) so i think it might be searching bios file on the cd

Motherboard speaker NO response (i tried to remove ram and check and it was beeping when i removed the ram so the speakers are okay)

Tried to connect Floppy drive But no Power (should i insert a floppy and check ? searching for some old floppy disks)

USB thum drive follwed this procedure

AMI BIOS Recovery for the TA790GX A2+

-------------------------------------

Recovering from a dead or corrupt BIOS flash. This procedure works fine on

a TA790GX A2+, and also may work on other TA790GX sibblings (which I don't own).

I also don't know the degree of BIOS corruption that would render this procedure

unusable.

Steps:

1 - Copy the BIOS file to root of a USB stick as AMIBIOS.ROM (all UPPER case).

2 - Start with power off on the target machine.

3 - Insert the USB stick.

4 - Hold down the Ctrl and Home keys and turn on power.

5 - Watch for the USB stick light to blink, and immediately release the keys.

This may take approximately 15 to 20 seconds.

6 - The display will come to life with the AMI BIOS Recovery utility, and will

report it's progress (with periods ....).

7 - The completion status will be reported at the conclusion, and the machine will

automatically be rebooted.

8 - If it was successful, you'll see the BIOS POST screen. Hit the DEL key and

enter the BIOS setup. Set "Optimized Defaults". Save and exit.

NOTES:

1 - This will clear NVRAM, and it also looks like it sets the Optimized Defaults.

2 - I tried this procedure by using a diskette, but was unsucessful.

3 - This procedure may not work in all forms of corrupted BIOS flashes, but should

for most. If you're in this situation, it's at least worth a shot

but didn't work

I tried to press CTRL + HOME still no light lit on the USB (no activity on the usb drive)

CMOS JMP + BATTERY trick didn't work either

Any other way out ?

Well! The Led status indicate a memory error, try Clearing the CMOS memory and try once more.

other than that seems that you have done all that you do at the user level,

Looks like issues with ROM chip.

I suggest you send the board for RMA.

Hard Luck

Bye

@sabby

not that easy

Tried it in the first place but not working

@chhangte

tried the method stated there already you can see my post in which i quoted the same procedure...

do help

I’m sorry my friend, but you’ve just bricked your MoBo. Try your hand at getting it replaced with warranty although I’m not sure that it is NOT Void. That’s why the wise always ask us never to try these stunts of flashing (and that too after all those warnings which the utility displays during the process) without a proper power supply and a back-up UPS.

^^I messed my BIOS same way and got it fixed in few minutes :p Nothing is bricked. If you mobo comes with BIOS recovery try that else lookout for any computer shop that can restore the BIOS.

I got mine done from Lynx :p

Back