CPU/Mobo Biostar TA790GXBE Phenom II X6 support (BIOS update included)

Supra

Skilled
I had mailed Biostar regarding support of the Biostar 790GXBE motherboard (full-ATX) for Phenom Ii X6 support. I had this board sitting and since Asus/Gigabyte was supporting 790GX dual-power plane boards...why not Biostar

Anywhere here is what I wrote :

Dear Supratim,

This is Simon's greetings from Biostar Taipei office,http://www.techenclave.com/images/element/editor/menupop.gif
thank you very much for purchasing Biostar motherboards and thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.
We will look into your suggestion and study the possibility of including Phenom II X6 CPUs compatibility to Biostar 790GXBE model,
will revert by tomorrow, thank you.

Kind Regards,
Simon Wu
Hi,

I am a sub dealer of Biostar Motherboards in India. I sell Biostar AMD motherboards to lot of my customers.

Recently I saw that you are supporting the 790GX motherboard for the Phenom II X6 as evident by BIOS updates in

BIOS Download AMD

I saw that Phenom II X6 support for two board TA 790GXE and TA790GXE 128M which was added recently. Kudos to Biostar for supporting 790GX series. Now the request is to please extend the support of Phenom II X6 CPUs to Biostar 790GXBE motherboard which is in the same 790GX series and should be easy to support.

It would of great value addition to my existing customers of this board and they will surely appreciate Biostar for extending their support and help.

I hope to get the release of the bios soon.

Regards,
Supratim

Infact I got the 1st reply within 3-4 hours of my mail yesterday and guess what just now within 24 hrs I get another mail from Simon enclosing the updated BIOS with support for Phenom II X6

Dear Supratim,

Attaching the updated BIOS for TA790GXBE with 6core CPU support,
please note, we will only update this BIOS onto our website BIOSTAR by next week,
if any clarification required, please let me know,
tq.
Kind Regards,
Simon Wu
BIOSTAR

Well when I first contacted Biostar USA support/Customer care....all they did is pointed me to a web-link saying only following mobos are supported for X6 and 790GXBE is not one of them. After then only I decided to contact Biostar SME/ Biostar Taiwan and China Sales and head-office which lead to unprecedented prompt action :D

Kudos to Biostar for taking care of the customers. I will try and test out the bios this weekend most probably with a Phenom II X6 1090 :D and confirm if it works.

I have seen many in our forums have this mobo and I am sure they all will be happy to just invest 10k and go to 6-core w/o any hassles :D

If anybody else has other 790GX Biostar series board with no bios for X6 support do let me know.

I am attaching the bios for Biostar 790GXBE (PCB ver 6.x) with support for Phenom II X6.

Attachments

• 78DGA507.zip
    758.4 KB · Views: 206
Re: Biostar TA790GXBE Phenom II X6 support

Wow! Kudos to you man! :D :p

Good to see Biostar is backed up with a good customer support. :)

hehehe this is good news , so if i had to go for a new system , i just need this mobo and a proccy and hook up my old ram and good to go ... how much is this new motherboard for ?

^^ This mobo sells for around 4.2~4.4k or so (Full ATX board)....if anybody is buying a brand new board along with coupling DDR2 a Gigabyte Micro-ATX MA785GM-US2H is also good for 4.3k

Best option for DDR3 is Biostar TA890GXE for 5.8k :D

Are you really sub-dealer? If so it would be nice if you can just list prices of 785G(DDR2&DDR3), 790GX, 890GX (880G?) mobo prices. Leading indian pricelist websites either dont have biostar mobo prices or they have overpriced it. Would come in handy when giving suggestions :)

Btw, great job done :D Would be of immense help to those who own this mobo.

kippu said:
hmm but i have ddr2 rams :p so that might be a sticky point

in that case your best option is MSI 770T-C45 .. costs 3.5k ..Full ATX, all solid caps.. better onboard sound..

@Topic..

Thanks for the update..although not planning to jump to X6 any sooner (hoping the upgrade bug doesn't get me soon :ashamed: :p)

also.. they have officially implemented the unlock option on other models.. (meaning that HT link wont be restricted to 1.6GHz) please bring that too to their notice :)

thnx

Desecrator said:
^He's just another customer like anyone of us. :lol:

Oops :ashamed: Should have know it was just to get a response from Biostar. My bad.

madnav said:
in that case your best option is MSI 770T-C45 .. costs 3.5k ..Full ATX, all solid caps.. better onboard sound..

Sorry for takiing this tread offtopic but wont a 790 chipset be better than a 770 chipset?

madnav said:

no 1090T support :)

Superb, in these ties when most companies are not taking proper care of their customers and their suggestions, Ithink I must salute Biostar for thier fast and positive attitude,

Due to this post by Supra, I will buy the Biostar board this time.

The Biostar TA890GXE which I think is a superb board reading the reviews online at various forums. :)

@ Supra, as I read in your email, you sell Biostar mobos, so what will be the price of the aforesaid board :)

Udit said:
no 1090T support :)

it supports 140W cpu so X6 support shall be expected.

there seems to be some issue with msi site.

i saw boxes of 770T-C45 stacked at Mccann a month ago (lamington)

the boards had black pcb and was rev.2.0 boards with 140W support imprint on the box.

i do not seem to find the same on msi global..

and im sure im not talking about 770-G45

kippu said:
Sorry for takiing this tread offtopic but wont a 790 chipset be better than a 770 chipset?

not unless you want onboard gfx.

basically 770 comes along with sb710... which in turn is same as sb750 without raid5 support.

sb710 = sb750 - raid5

if you plan to use discrete gpu then 770+sb710 will deliver whatever that you expect out of 790GX+sb750 at lower cost and power. (the main reason why 770 chipset even exists)

@udit n kippu

Translated review

here it is..

almost no difference in performance when compared to 790GX (only difference was in cinebench maybe due to DDR2 factor..and also notice the scales in all charts :p)

LOL just for the record I am just a member and just help out ppl in making suggestions and influence a lot of buying decsions. Dealers also call in to find out what all to stock and stuff. So I guess it was just not for me that I wanted the support. In fact even rebelshaven guys failed to get the updated bios....may be my mail did it. Sometimes a bit of oiling does help :D

In fact earlier when I gave the search term Biostar 790GX Phenom II X6 support only this came up

[Biostar] List of Biostar AMD Phenom II X6 Ready Motherboard - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Now our TE link for this thread is right there on 2nd :p

Support for other Biostar 790GX based boards for Phenom II X6 :

http://biostar-sme.com/menu/bios-amd.htm

Lol now for getting Biostar popular they should send me regularly new lauch boards for Reviews :p

MSI 770T-C45 --- 3.5k

Is the price correct :O...it becomes a serious recomendation then for at least the Athlon X2 & X4s. Looks good and solid :D

Supra said:
LOL just for the record I am just a member and just help out ppl in making suggestions and influence a lot of buying decsions. Dealers also call in to find out what all to stock and stuff. So I guess it was just not for me that I wanted the support. In fact even rebelshaven guys failed to get the updated bios....may be my mail did it. Sometimes a bit of oiling does help :D

In fact earlier when I gave the search term Biostar 790GX Phenom II X6 support only this came up

[Biostar] List of Biostar AMD Phenom II X6 Ready Motherboard - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Now our TE link for this thread is right there on 2nd :p

Support for other Biostar 790GX based boards for Phenom II X6 :

BIOS Download AMD

Lol now for getting Biostar popular they should send me regularly new lauch boards for Reviews :p

Is the price correct :O...it becomes a serious recomendation then for at least the Athlon X2 & X4s. Looks good and solid :D

yes i wouldnt believe the price myself.

almost considering trading my 790GXBE for the same at that time :p

then controlled myself as i wont get any drastic difference over what i already have.

also, please look into unlocking thing related to biostar bios that i mentioned in one of the previous posts..

other boards from same family sport unlocking as a function officially..thereby removing the 1.6GHz HT limit that we need to set on GXBE :(

even the old GXB A2+ was supported last time i checked on their chinese page for bioses..around about 2months ago at max.

1st i had thought that only the guys from rebelshaven used to mod the bioses..so requested them to add support for GXBE..bt then realized that the bioses were infact from biostar china n taiwan ..that is where i lost the hope :p

I have been reading a lot about the 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 based mobos in the new 890gx range of Biostar, how do we come to know whether the board we are buying are the 5.2 boards ?

and how much is the app price of the same in delhi?

Supra said:
If anybody else has other 790GX Biostar series board with no bios for X6 support do let me know.
Any chance of an X6 BIOS update for the TA790GX3 A2+? I have 3 of them running the Athlon / Phenom X4s. Would like to update to the X6 if possible.

Thanks/Beyond

Supra said:
Best option for DDR3 is Biostar TA890GXE for 5.8k :D

Where is the Biostar TA890GXE available for 5.8k, also have you tried the x6 Phenom on the 790GXBE after the BIOS upgrade....

Back