BJP can do course correction.. Here it is..

wow. just wow. If you don't think thats mocking, then good for you. It certainly looked like mocking to me and just a google search show all the international news organizations also feel its mocking. but anyways, I'm just going to leave the timestamped link and let people decide for themselves.

ok, the right video but you still not got it. The man laid out why he fired his generals. He thinks they suck.

heh, their opinion. I've told you mine.

If its not mocking and indeed praise like you said, why did BJP's own National general secretary had to tweet defensively against trump's statement?
Basis

1:17:40

That's not praise ? He did not mock the PM

Who caught that. No, it all about library.

When officials checked we have not built one nor are we planning to build one so who knows where that library thing came from. Getting mocked on something we did not do :D

The amusing part is he thinks the Russians were justified in invading Afghanistan, completely negating his country's policy of the time.

He likes PBS, thinks they cover him accurately. this is good. The only american source i will listen to is PBS

https://twitter.com/rammadhavbjp/status/1080742326576635904

its really surprising to see you, who normally check the facts, twist the facts to suit your narrative.
yeah as gen sec he has to say something. Thin skinned.

I don't take what he's saying to be problem when he's bashing others more.[DOUBLEPOST=1546900574][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, looky here, someone who likes Trump and thinks all rapes are fake news.

Definitely a sane and rational mind.

Sad!

P.s. united shursh covfefe
I do what his base does. Listen to him first. I've been doing that since he was a candidate. Most do not they only listen to segments out of context and the attendant bashing and make up their minds on the basis of the commentary

Last edited:
1:17:40

That's not praise ? He did not mock the PM

Who caught that. No, it all about library.

When officials checked we have not built one nor are we planning to build one so who knows where that library thing came from. Getting mocked on something we did not do :D
Its because trump being an idiot he is. he mistakenly thinks the parliament building we built in afghanistan is a ****ing library.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...anistan-aid/story-qwVIfWo6Ya0QDRReMLS0QK.html

Its because trump being an idiot he is. he mistakenly thinks the parliament building we built in afghanistan is a ****ing library.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...anistan-aid/story-qwVIfWo6Ya0QDRReMLS0QK.html
It's ok to make mistakes. I know what we've done in Afghanistan and have yet to find a non-pak source make a credible slam of it.

Look, the Americans have spent hundreds of billions there and people are anxious that something come of it. I'm sympathetic because i consider their presence there helpful to stability of the region.

The Afghan NSA was positive about developments. So fingers crossed.[DOUBLEPOST=1546987896][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know what the reaction to this is but the motivator is to get people off burning wood and onto gas as its healthier for them and the environment

Obviously there are some significant systemic problems in the economy with which government either don’t have a clue how to deal with, either do not want to deal with it

Yeah, all the quotas weren't enough, the middle class also gets one now. Soon we will be a real developed country.

^ if everyone gets a quota, then no one gets a quota
Infact then everyone is restricted to a minute number and that in itself will significantly restrict the potential of the truly worthy people.

Anyway, its a common saying in India, If India has ever risen up, even to the current level, its inspite of the terrible governance. Its the pure will-power of Indians because of which we can still co-exist in a small landmass with 1.3billion people (2011). Its probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better. That number of people is not sustainable to begin with. Expect Hunger games like situation soon. Already Modi has brought us 80% there.

Its probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Good, that is generally the way things improve. Things have to get worse first.

That number of people is not sustainable to begin with. Expect Hunger games like situation soon. Already Modi has brought us 80% there.
A load of bunk. We can't exceed our environment. Therefore what we have is sustainable.

If we have as many its because we have fertile soil. More growing seasons etc

We have a lot of water and it costs a fraction what it does say in Australia

In any case the size of families is reducing, no longer do people have 5 and 10 kids.

This is because of big business. Small families are good for business. Single parent even better. Less sharing means more sales.

A undivided family does not buy as much as if they were divided into individual homes, now each has to buy their own homes, appliances etc.

Last edited:
Came across it already. First of all, it should be clear that this sudden 10% quota is little more than a political stunt for election year.

As for the topic of reservations itself, while it may sound like its reasonable to have reservations based on economic condition and I used to think the same way, my perspective based on personal experiences over many years has evolved and I see it differently now.

Normal students from poor economic backgrounds need scholarships or other forms of financial support, not reservations. The barrier for their education is mainly financial. Reservations are needed by those who are discriminated against, based on social status because there is not a chance that they would be allowed to get an education otherwise regardless of their economic condition, intelligence etc.

Back during the era when India got independence, RSS (mainly) and few other similar groups did their best to at lobbying to keep so called "lower caste" people from having voting rights in Independent India. In fact, some of the so called "lower castes" were not even allowed to wear clothes (except for bottom half) or sandals on their feet for centuries before the British took over. The RSS wanted Independent India to be restored to the former state where India's "culture" dictated that certain people be treated like animals (not cattle though since they revered them). Dr. Ambedkar set the foundation for the reservation system because he probably knew from his personal experiences that with the British gone, the only way these people would ever have an opportunity to get an education is when its forced through legislation.

Fast forward to present day, nothing much has changed in the attitude of the people. Even the chief minister of a state has been barred from entering a temple because of his caste and in other case, a temple was shut down and "cleansed". If a chief minister is not immune to discrimination and exclusion, imagine the plight of those who are both poor and from a so called "lower caste". In a survey in urban areas (big cities). done last year, 30-45% of the participants in every city admitted to supporting and practicing untouchability.

I did my engg bachelors from a reputed private engg college in my state. I know for a fact that the management at this college would never let a single "lower caste" student get admission if the decision were up to them, I had a classmate who was pretty good at studies and quite intelligent. He was from one of those "lower castes" and from a poor family. During his school days he, delivered news papers and did odd jobs just so he can afford an education. He even got a decent rank in the entrance exam considering he didn't go though expensive focused coaching like so many others. He could technically have got a seat in open competition if there were no reservations, but the only reason he got admission was because of reservations. It has even happened that admission counselor's have lied to students from these backgrounds that there are no vacant seats left. They would go to the extent of keep seats vacant than letting from "lower caste" student get it. Last year, a "lower caste" family had rocks thrown at their hut because their kids did decently in IIT-JEE and it did not please the upper caste folk in the area that they had the "audacity" to dream about things beyond their station in life.

This continues into workplace too including at private sector like IT companies. Caste based work place discrimination is still not uncommon. Even at my work, I have seen a team where one of the guys in that team did not get promoted even once in close to 7 years. Everyone else in that team got promoted 2-3 times during the same period. This guy was pretty good at work too and once he got deputed to my team on a temporary basis, my reporting manager recommended him for a 2 level promotion. His original manager was a so called "upper caste" elite being a Brahman and has often been known to take pride in it and speak trash when drunk. Even in US, there my sister resides, when she was still with Infy, her Indian colleagues there used to invite only their own caste colleagues for their kids birthday parties and the like. They formed caste wise groups even in US. She went so far as to stop interacting at all with these folk beyond work and it was one of the key drivers for her resigning from there.

So, I don't think people of this country will ever change when it comes to discrimination. Of course there will always be exceptions who do have a self conscience and give more importance towards doing the right thing, but the rest will continue insisting on clinging to their primitive mindsets and passing it off as culture and heritage. The reservations will never break this mindset and I don't think Dr Ambedkar ever thought it would. It just ensures that people being looked down on as lower castes will at least have a fighting chance of getting an education in-spite of the discrimination.

Last edited:
^^ Very well summarised.

I've heard from people working in govt. and PSUs that lower caste workers have zero chance of climbing the ladder because it's all tightly controlled by the upper castes.

I'm wondering if all these caste based reservations are actually causing more caste discrimination, and so the lower castes may see a short-term gain like employment or admission, but actually end up losing in the long run because the caste system just gets stronger this way. There's also the fact that lower castes sometimes take undue advantage of the reservations and get by easier.

But yeah, we're probably never going to really grow or develop, the small trickle effect of some people's mindsets changing is really too little to make any difference.

The reservations will never break this mindset and I don't think Dr Ambedkar ever thought it would. It just ensures that people being looked down on as lower castes will at least have a fighting chance of getting an education in-spite of the discrimination.

Cleared my thoughts about reservations.
Thank you.

The quotas announcement is pure BS because to implement that, there has to be change with 2/3rd of voting in favour IIRC. Which will never happen.

As is, a fairly small number of privileged people have been getting 50% of the unreserved seats but most these folk still very angry that they don't get to hog the remaining 50% as well due to the quotas.

I've heard from people working in govt. and PSUs that lower caste workers have zero chance of climbing the ladder because it's all tightly controlled by the upper castes.
How can this be when you see who gets voted into office ? don't the lower castes have the upper hand there. Don't leaders of lower castes that get into office act as a brake on this sort of mentality.

I'm wondering if all these caste based reservations are actually causing more caste discrimination, and so the lower castes may see a short-term gain like employment or admission, but actually end up losing in the long run because the caste system just gets stronger this way. There's also the fact that lower castes sometimes take undue advantage of the reservations and get by easier.
It means everybody that is lower or minority gets slammed as of course they only made it because of reservation. Positive discrimination does have negative side effects but the thinking is this is the fastest way to address inequality.

How can this be when you see who gets voted into office ? don't the lower castes have the upper hand there. Don't leaders of lower castes that get into office act as a brake on this sort of mentality.

At local level, they do get voted in. But traditionally the upper castes disproportionately gets the top jobs( pm, cm ). Recently obc’s have come to replace this more and more. However success rate among Sc/st are much smaller. That’s why Mayawati, a genuine lower caste, case did get a lot of attention.

This need not be deliberate. The behaviour of upper caste do get a lot more validation in society than others. It is similar to how a white man gets preferential treatment even from nationalists. In private sector, this gets even more pronounced since their proportion are better. Lower castes do get marginalised based on behaviour alone when it comes promotions, preferential treatment etc. It is quite visible around us but difficult to see because we do not expect this.

I have had colleagues and classmates who badmouth SC/STs within their earshot. Same guys also typically claim that caste system is a thing of the past.

Back