BJP can do course correction.. Here it is..

"Hindu khatre me hai" - after speaking to few more, realized this was a major factor. People believed this was true and Modi was the only one who can save hindus.
The voters have indirectly told Aatishi - you are doing good, but this election is about a more important factor - making India a hindu national, we can talk about education and health next time.

let's say your doctor is a third generation doctor. Will you hold it against him ? or your accountant or lawyer or whomever

Depends on the situation. If he's dumb as a brick, i will hold it against him. The problem with generational things is, you expect quality to be as good or better than the previous generations and not worse. Rahul should have been much better in politics (compared to Modi or others) coming from a family that has been in politics from 60+ years and who have given a lot to India. Look at his performance or his mom's or sisters performance. They're bad at it. They should learn from other people in Congress. Either Congress does not know how to do politics or somewhere down the line, the nature of politics has changed such that the Congress is feeling like a fish out of water. Maybe the amount of MP's with cases against them coming into politics and winning successfully is a compass towards where the political situation in the country is heading towards.

I will repeat again what eroded Congress wasn't the BJP but regional parties over many years. How well are those parties doing now. Maya, Lalu & Akhilesh are down.
I don't quite understand this line. These parties were always fighting against the Congress from the time they were made. They might have won once or twice but lost a lot because they were even more scam making governments than the congress. Maybe the people were just fed up of the subsequent govts not doing anything and just gulping money and thought of giving the BJP a try. The North is mostly Hindutva based voters now. Congress and other parties lost because they didn't play that Hindutva card.

The issue is not with dynasty. The issue is with the fact that Raga has no clue what he talking about for the most part. If the congress set their agenda on the basis of unemployment, farmers distress and infra building, rather than on going on and on about Rafale, they would probably have got more seats. Ask Raga about Rafale and he says he does not have data....then why the hell did he spend his whole campaign talking about things which he has no idea about? He went on and on about Dokalam,.,someone asked him a question and he said he has no data....basically if you are going to go for an interview with no idea of the company, their operations, what they do etc etc and then expect to get the job its not going to happen.

Secondly, you cant base your whole campaign on being negative and abusing others. Talk about what you can and will do. Sadly for them they have zero track record of doing any work whatsoever.

For me, its quite simple. When I see people like Mamta, Akhilesh, Mayawati, KCR, Kejriwal, etc etc trying to tie up to beat one person, then I know who to vote for. Its that simple. And those crying about VVPAT etc, you guys sound like sore losers, thats all.

Depends on the situation. If he's dumb as a brick, i will hold it against him. The problem with generational things is, you expect quality to be as good or better than the previous generations and not worse. Rahul should have been much better in politics (compared to Modi or others) coming from a family that has been in politics from 60+ years and who have given a lot to India. Look at his performance or his mom's or sisters performance. They're bad at it. They should learn from other people in Congress. Either Congress does not know how to do politics or somewhere down the line, the nature of politics has changed such that the Congress is feeling like a fish out of water. Maybe the amount of MP's with cases against them coming into politics and winning successfully is a compass towards where the political situation in the country is heading towards.
Back in 2016 i'd have believed that but in the next two years i watched RaGa's popularity rise, reaching 30% according to polls and at the same time Modi's popularity dropping from a high of 65% around mid 2016 towards 40%. That's not a very big gap. But Congress never projected him as a competitor.

We will have to watch this space as there is uncertainty as to what RaGa status will be. His sister was unlucky, she was going to start her push but then Pulwama happened. So she had to wrap up her campaign and got sidelined. Whenever i see her i think of her grandmother and i'm sure i'm not the only one. This i've thought ten years back too. So she's an open question. I think she is their best bet but untested. Whether she has it in her.

The way i see Congress predicament is they have to go back to basics. Get in touch with the people. They have become disconnected. Compare their statements to what Modi says, he's with it they seem out of it. You can see this in the way people react to them in social media. They need to get better at this on social media having never really been that much into it as if their voters are not on there.

They have to champion regional leaders from their party. Give them space to grow. When the BJP was in the wilderness for ten years they did not prevent Modi from becoming viable. There is a lesson there. They've done this before after Rajiv lost, with Narasimha and Manmohan. Some where a leader will emerge but if the family treats it like a threat to their leadership then no competitor to Modi will come about.

It's funny, back in 2014 i thought it would be good for national politics if BJP won as then we would have a viable alternative to Congress and not continue to remain a one party only state. This time i'm thinking the same about Congress.

I don't quite understand this line. These parties were always fighting against the Congress from the time they were made. They might have won once or twice but lost a lot because they were even more scam making governments than the congress. Maybe the people were just fed up of the subsequent govts not doing anything and just gulping money and thought of giving the BJP a try. The North is mostly Hindutva based voters now. Congress and other parties lost because they didn't play that Hindutva card.
I mean in states that don't have prominent regional parties its a two way fight. See the three elections at the end of last year. MP & Rajasthan, why did BJP lose there. Even if you say the win was a fluke still you cannot deny Congress was quite close. Where was the hindutva ? the word means different things to different sections of RSS affiliates. Walter Anderson has done a good job documenting this. If one was to score the BJP and what they have done in hindutva space the score isn't going to be high. The approach was soft and not hard. Very cautious as this can blow up predictably and become difficult to manage and then they are wasting time doing damage control & putting out fires.

Gujarat earlier was a warning shot to Modi. Imagine if Congress won in Gujarat, what would that have done to Modi. To lose his state when he was PM, he would have lost his momentum. The mandate would have become fractured and we'd be having a different conversation now.

So people vote differently depending on whether its national or state. How good or not the local representative is matters a great deal more at the state assembly level than on the national level. Congress is still a force to reckon with at the state level given recent results.

The two people who take Congress seriously are Modi & Shah. They are not complacent at all even if the media & electorate want to think otherwise.

The issue is with the fact that Raga has no clue what he talking about for the most part. If the congress set their agenda on the basis of unemployment, farmers distress and infra building, rather than on going on and on about Rafale, they would probably have got more seats. Ask Raga about Rafale and he says he does not have data....then why the hell did he spend his whole campaign talking about things which he has no idea about? He went on and on about Dokalam,.,someone asked him a question and he said he has no data....basically if you are going to go for an interview with no idea of the company, their operations, what they do etc etc and then expect to get the job its not going to happen.
And we got to see all those ideas parroted here...

What about his behaviour post Balakote ? his party did its best to show the govt was incompetent when exactly the opposite was the case and worse the people realised it. Compare this with the US. The media there starts the drums when ever any attack is likely. You never get the kind of rhetoric there like we see here with the opposition.

Rahul Gandhi must decide if Congress is a European NGO or a party in nationalist India
It’s quite one thing to criticise your government, it’s another to end up echoing the official propaganda of your adversary, that too in a fiercely nationalist country, in wartime, on election eve.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this thread is dead? No one talks about all these discrepancies between voter turnout app and counted results. Oh people are busy in fixing their TV remote silently?

Wonder which channels you watch....
Don't be so blind.

Do you even know ECI has own app called voter turnout? Go, download and verify yourself with the results they published.

And do you know after people started to show them the discrepancies, they started remove the links from their website?

Anyways here's the one example of screenshot between turnout app and the results page.

6EF85CF2-A036-4CF8-AC4A-E7CD4C63F4F8.jpeg3E94FCC4-D5DE-44EB-85A9-8E881BB40C38.jpeg

In some places the difference goes as much 60000+

So basically you will find conspiracy theories that support your views....
Seriously man? Even after giving evidence from ECI itself? These evidences are still available as i type in ECI website and app.

Anyways can't blame you because you grown up using photoshopped images right.

BTW another so called conspiracy theory(in your own world), karnataka local body election results was announced yesterday. Unfortunately(?) EVM was not used for that poll... You can guess the results?

I might be putting myself into an unnecessary debate but I looked up this claim of difference. There is only site reporting it - Newsclick:

The whole EC thing and voter fraud is a routine trick used by losing parties. And frankly it is shameful they try to fool the unsuspecting people.

People also need to understand the election process. To ensure fairness of the process candidate/representatives are present through all parts of the process. Each step is not completed unless all candidates/agents provide their seals/signatures. The process includes verifying the machine, ensuring voting is done correctly, machines are stored securely and even the final counts. If there is a discrepancy or an issue, party candidates/representative need to raise it and refuse to provide sign/seal for the next step.

So there are only two things which explain what these parties are doing: One, parties are knowingly casting doubts over the process even when they know everything is fair. Two, they know there are issues with the process and are fine with it if they can manipulate it in their favor and create hue and cry if they can't.

Additionally, the whole drama on EVM is disturbing. In times of paper ballots, parties used to have goondas who used to stuff ballots with fake ballots. It was an open secret in political circles. RJD, CPI and Congress were masters at this game. With EVM, this option is gone.

Today people opposing the EVM polling are using data from the same machine to make a point which is ironic.

Secondly, questions raised on counting VVPATs ignore the realities of data sampling. It is one thing for people without 12th education to raise this and another for people who are well read to raise these questions.

Frankly, it is one thing to dislike Modi and another to engage in this kind of behavior.

my point is for the people think evm is foolproof...if that was the case then why this difference....

anyway there is no point in debating when people established a blind thought process.

Instead of searching in Google for everything, why can't you check authentic website for election commission? It takes very little time to do than the time you took for writing this big post!

Voter turnout app is here,

And the results page...

I already said this is going to be a futile conversation.

The app clearly says estimated voter turnout. If you are unaware Estimated as a verb means "roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of." And that too for phase 7 which was the last phase on 19th/20th of May so there are chances of data discrepancy.

The updated and corrected data is on the website. They are not "removing" data as you put it rather collating it in one place. So, stop looking for conspiracy where there is none.

And frankly, I wrote more than what you actually read and responded to. Every candidate have their agents on site at every booth. They are there to ensure everything adds up. So, it seems you have never voted and/or been to a polling station. and it seems you are just going by your dislike for Modi/BJP instead of making a fair judgement. Or are you saying all party candidates are in on the conspiracy?

Honestly, I feel we need people like you to ensure the government keeps straight. But reading this kind of tin foil conspiracy is just sad.

The app clearly says estimated voter turnout
Seriously this shows how much ignorant you are? As i said can't help when people has mental block!

Before jumping on others and start teaching meaning of estimated... Please yourself educate the meaning of final turnout.

Screenshot_20190601-223404_Voter TurnOut.jpg

Anyways I'm done with these kind of experts. No more reply on this topic.

it seems you are just going by your dislike for Modi/BJP
Wow... How do you know this? Obviously you don't know for whom i voted right? BTW do you know how many agents are for each booth per candidate? Anyways i don't want to go personally like you do... Since you have the capability to read others like i never voted and i don't like BJP....

Good one man

Wow... How do you know this? Obviously you don't know for whom i voted right? BTW do you know how many agents are for each booth per candidate? Anyways i don't want to go personally like you do... Since you have the capability to read others like i never voted and i don't like BJP....

Good one man
I am really confused. You say you don't want to reply on the topic and then 10 mins later tag me again.

What exactly are you looking for?

Back