BJP can do course correction.. Here it is..

Social media is being hailed as a counter to the establishment media. The media trashes it because it is competitor. Noisy as it is. Still I find media quoting from it in their reports. Trump & Modi both use to bypass traditional media.

Dissent works both ways ;)

I'm no fan of social media at all (prefer forums and web boards) but have to recognise its influence.

Social media is a lot like Wikipedia - it's not perfect nor a reliable source, but still useful.
For e.g. we would have all come across reports of ISI stopping guests in Islamabad from attending an iftar. What we didn't read about was that we stopped guests attending an iftar in India.
It was kinda sad to see such bias in reporting in traditional media. Had it not been for some random tweets, I wouldn't have known about this.

Lets hope the MP's actually do some work this time instead of staging walkouts, protests and generally disrupting parliamentary proceedings in the house.

A good start

Yes. 2014 was also the same. This will last one year max before BJP is back to its divisive agenda.

Lets hope the MP's actually do some work this time instead of staging walkouts, protests and generally disrupting parliamentary proceedings in the house.

Given the toxicity displayed by all parties on the first day of parliament itself during oath taking, I would rather not have any hope.

Yes. 2014 was also the same. This will last one year max before BJP is back to its divisive agenda.
On of the reasons for call for this unity is an idea the PM mentioned. One nation, one election. He wants to synchronise elections across the country and wants cooperation as it will require several amendments to the constitution.

I don't know how this can be done without shifting to a presidential style of govt which i'm vehemently opposed to.

On of the reasons for call for this unity is an idea the PM mentioned. One nation, one election. He wants to synchronise elections across the country and wants cooperation as it will require several amendments to the constitution.

I don't know how this can be done without shifting to a presidential style of govt which i'm vehemently opposed to.
i would be interested in hearing your rationale for such opposition.

i would be interested in hearing your rationale for such opposition.
The way the system is configured, the westminster model is it only depends on consent. Not stability, progress or prosperity. The westminster model is the most potent form of peaceful regime change ever devised. If the people are against then govt goes. Very simple. There is no jobs guarantee for pols in such a system. They are constantly on their toes and have to deliver or go. The political market has got to be the most cut throat ever. No extremist can ever remain in power in such a system as it would cause too many waves. So it is self-moderating by design. Safety valves are built in so explosions are limited. You don't need to take up arms. There is no need for coups. I suppose this in a way makes it better suited for our country than any other system. This is the most stable configuration.

I don't have a problem with too many elections. I only have to deal with two every five years as govts have generally held. If not i'll put up with it, its what the people wanted.
Post automatically merged:

Well, good luck with having social media turn into a beacon of truth.
It's not a beacon of truth its a loud bazaar. With force. No longer does the govt or vested interests have a monopoly on the message. Now the traffic goes both ways. They can try to shape it but herding a bunch of cats is no easy task :)

The complaint i hear about social media is since the people who run these companies are generally liberal they tend to censor the right wing.
Post automatically merged:

^^ Let the economy go to the gutters, concentrate on defence, which India is good at anyways.
All depends on what the mandate was for, we're still waiting for research on that and more importantly what the govt thinks its was for. If they think they returned to power on the basis of their people schemes like toilets, mudra & gas cylinders then we will get more of the same instead of big bang reforms ?

Here is one example of next Modi scheme, safe drinking water for all by so and so date. Will not give a big boost to sensex but if successful means re-election.

Last edited:
You won't be able to say $5B $5 Trillion economy unless someone does the numbers.
If the rupee strengthens over the dollar we get there sooner.

If the dollar were Rs.50 instead of 70, we would be $5 trillion already.

The govt estimates the dollar will be around 75 in 2024 though. Will it be that though ?

The govt is trying to get foreign govts to invest in debt with sovereign bonds in India. So if the dollar supply increases in India then the rupee appreciates automatically.

In 5 years the dollar will either be 40 or 100, it won't be 70 like today.

Last edited:
A courageous decision was taken today.

jk UT.jpg

Last edited:
Another shit Congress idea got removed. This whole J&K thing would have got resolved in the first war itself if it wasn't for Indira G who gave up half of the state when we won the war. Dumbest thought which made India look stupid and lose countless lives till now.

Excellent timing as always too, now we have something other than economy and stuff like the reasons for the ccd dude's suicide.

Back