BJP can do course correction.. Here it is..

One for the home ministers inbox

Jaishankar saying we expect one day to have 'physical' jurisdiction of PO J&K :cool:

Like one day we'll have a Ram temple at Ayodhya. Promises win votes, actions don't.

These are tactics to divert attention from real issues of economy.

Like one day we'll have a Ram temple at Ayodhya. Promises win votes, actions don't.

These are tactics to divert attention from real issues of economy.
Didn't listen to the video did you ?

What wins votes is delivering on promises. That is why they won a second term as resoundingly.

Less than a hundred days into the new term we have a major policy change

I wasted couple of mins listening to that. Glad you are here to tell us why they won a second term, almost as glad as them having to reap the benefits of their great policies.

Look, this is a politics thread. You can create one on economics and have a collective whine.

Forty five days since the decision and not a bullet fired by the state. The most peaceful month Kashmir has had since 1988 according to the NSA.

Amusing to see the meltdown in Pakistan. They do not recognise the instrument of accession which 370 derives from yet are unhappy when special status is removed ? heh.

Balochistan was annexed through fraud and they project that on to Kashmir. There was a no fraud. They were the ones to renege on the UN resolution sending raiders in to capture the place. Why not, they already violated standstill agreements with Balochistan so why not again.

Imran talks crap lies, through his side and is incapable of rallying any support worth a damn abroad. The world knows which side their bread is buttered. What does Imran's future look like. Paks spend all their lives being told Kashmir belongs to Pakistan.

If the Pak army makes peace with India then what was the point of creating Pakistan. What is two nation theory worth. All sorts of existential issues for them to deal with.

And now we talk about having physical jurisdiction one day over PoK. What a turn around :D

Last edited:
Not exactly BJP propaganda but well explained PSA.

Btw the word 'propaganda' only applies to dictatorships.

For free countries like India with a vibrant free press the word you want to use is 'rhetoric' ;)

Propaganda won't survive with a free press so govts don't even bother with it.

Who needs the Paks when you have idiot Indians like Hassan Minhaj (!)

This one by the home minister is positive.

370 is his baby, he will have to answer if things don't pan out.

His future as possible PM is on the line.

Last edited:
a vibrant free press

Yeah right!
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...eedom-index/articleshow/68940683.cms?from=mdr

This one by the home minister is positive.

370 is his baby, he will have to answer if things don't pan out.
Like this govt is answering to Economic crisis, PMC bank crisis, effects of demonetisation, occurrences of lynching, FIRs against celebrities who dare to write a letter to the PM, etc.

His future as possible PM is on the line.
Who told you that he is the next PM?

And I don't understand why you are so excited about Kashmir. It was part of India before removal of 370 too. I would like to know how you would feel if your home state is under curfew with no phone and no internet for three months.

We still have a free press. And the rank was the same during the UPA era as well.

Like this govt is answering to Economic crisis, PMC bank crisis, effects of demonetisation, occurrences of lynching, FIRs against celebrities who dare to write a letter to the PM, etc.
Start a thread about it and you won't have to hijack what i say with irrelevant replies.

Who told you that he is the next PM?
He's #2. Initially i saw him as just a campaign manager, He's evidently a lot more than that.

Should Modi stand down he will likely be the replacement. Should Modi lose the next general election he will be the leader of the opposition like Advani was.

And I don't understand why you are so excited about Kashmir. It was part of India before removal of 370 too. I would like to know how you would feel if your home state is under curfew with no phone and no internet for three months.
And was it a normal state ? When the rest of the country moved on by leaps & bounds that place is still stuck in the 90s. You think this is acceptable.

The way Delhi was managing it meant there would never be any progress. Until this govt changed the equation. It remains to be seen whether things will change or not but so far the planning has been meticulous and the timing exquisite. Not a single casualty to date That is two months on. The most peaceful time J&K has ever seen since 1988.

Major policy move enacted in less than a hundred days after coming to office. The exuberance is starting to die down now but i'd call it surgical strike #3 against the Paks. How they howled :D

As for no phone and internet. If it saves lives then its worth it. That is the bottom line.

Btw you are slightly incorrect here. Only the internet is out. Landlines were operational within a couple of weeks after Aug 5. And post paid mobile service has been restored this week. And there was a grenade attack on the day itself. Any connection. The mobile operators lose 2cr. per day and must have lobbied heavily.

What curfew. There is no curfew. There are restrictions that too relaxed during certain times of the day. The 'curfew' in place is one imposed by the enforcers of the Muftis, Abdullas and separatists. They have called some bandh and the price for breaking it is death as we found out with a couple of shop keepers that defied the ban.

Prohibitory orders in 8 out of 190 police districts.

Nov 05 will make 3 months btw

I saw this journalist on a LSTV show a couple of years ago and she changed my mind how J&K was being reported to the rest of India. All we got was what the regime there wanted us to hear. The whole scam is being systematically exposed since. The problem in J&K is 90% the result of Delhi's policies. By the mid 90's it was clear insurgency would not succeed. People then figured they should get rich out of it. Centre obliged. We funded the insurgency because the intel people thought corrupting people was the best way to keep them in line. I find it amazing how similar the trajectory of Kashmir & Afghanistan have been . The Paks successfully screwed both Indians and Americans.

Time for some pay back. Let's keep them pinned in the FATF grey list for the next ten years.

Last edited:
Should Modi stand down he will likely be the replacement. Should Modi lose the next general election he will be the leader of the opposition like Advani was.

I don't see him standing down but I'm sure Modi's corporate handlers would let him be martyred if that is to their advantage. He's is the perfect expendable stooge.

And was it a normal state ? When the rest of the country moved on by leaps & bounds that place is still stuck in the 90s. You think this is acceptable.

The rest of the country was moving by leaps and bounds before this government came into picture. Now it is regressing socially and economically.

The way Delhi was managing it meant there would never be any progress. Until this govt changed the equation. It remains to be seen whether things will change or not but so far the planning has been meticulous and the timing exquisite. Not a single casualty to date That is two months on. The most peaceful time J&K has ever seen since 1988.

Major policy move enacted in less than a hundred days after coming to office. The exuberance is starting to die down now but i'd call it surgical strike #3 against the Paks. How they howled :D

As for no phone and internet. If it saves lives then its worth it. That is the bottom line.

Btw you are slightly incorrect here. Only the internet is out. Landlines were operational within a couple of weeks after Aug 5. And post paid mobile service has been restored this week. And there was a grenade attack on the day itself. Any connection. The mobile operators lose 2cr. per day and must have lobbied heavily.

What curfew. There is no curfew. There are restrictions that too relaxed during certain times of the day. The 'curfew' in place is one imposed by the enforcers of the Muftis, Abdullas and separatists. They have called some bandh and the price for breaking it is death as we found out with a couple of shop keepers that defied the ban.

I saw this journalist on a LSTV show a couple of years ago and she changed my mind how J&K was being reported to the rest of India. All we got was what the regime there wanted us to hear. The whole scam is being systematically exposed since. The problem in J&K is 90% the result of Delhi's policies. By the mid 90's it was clear insurgency would not succeed. People then figured they should get rich out of it. Centre obliged. We funded the insurgency because the intel people thought corrupting people was the best way to keep them in line. I find it amazing how similar the trajectory of Kashmir & Afghanistan have been . The Paks successfully screwed both Indians and Americans.

Time for some pay back. Let's keep them pinned in the FATF grey list for the next ten years.

Thanks for the distract. Keep it up. NRC and evil terrorist bangladeshi immigrants need to be brought up too.

I don't see him standing down but I'm sure Modi's corporate handlers would let him be martyred if that is to their advantage. He's is the perfect expendable stooge.
It helps to have a succession plan in place. Something Congress should have thought more about.

The rest of the country was moving by leaps and bounds before this government came into picture. Now it is regressing socially and economically.
4 out of 10 Indians going by the mandate disagrees. Who can blame them given the opposition :D

Going by what i hear people are deliriously happy with this govt

Thanks for the distract. Keep it up. NRC and evil terrorist bangladeshi immigrants need to be brought up too.
It was meant to inform since you know nothing about the subject. You did ask :)

We still have a free press. And the rank was the same during the UPA era as well.

The rank has consistently gone down in NDA era. Rankings below 2019 - 2009 - left to right. See the bump to 140? That's 2013.

1571244669646.png

This is typical Bhakt logic.
If Modi govt does something good - What did Congress do?
If Modi govt does something bad - But Congress also did the same.

Start a thread about it and you won't have to hijack what i say with irrelevant replies.
Only Kashmir is relevant? Nothing else matters? As far as I know, this thread is about BJP govt and not Kashmir.

He's #2. Initially i saw him as just a campaign manager, He's evidently a lot more than that.

#2 is Yogi Adityanath. RSS is dead set to project him as the next PM.

If Kashmir is stuck in 90s, I can only imagine which era Bihar, UP, Jharkhand and Orissa are in.

How many people have landlines these days? Is it even worth it to block landline calls?
Are you aware that there is an acute shortage of food & medicines there? School and colleges are shut and so is tourism. Farmers are not able transport products like Apples out of the state.

Will accept the same condition in your home state?

The rank has consistently gone down in NDA era. Rankings below 2019 - 2009 - left to right. See the bump to 140? That's 2013.

View attachment 82575
Post the source link. I can't make head or tail of this graphic

this point did come up a while ago and i referenced earlier reports from RSF

Only Kashmir is relevant? Nothing else matters? As far as I know, this thread is about BJP govt and not Kashmir.
What BJP govt is doing to address the situation ? you don't think that's worth talking about.

Still, it's early days. This is the honey moon period. The opposition has been whacked and good. They are going to push back, that's when the fun starts.

Your earlier question about what difference it makes applies if asked about the Paks.

Why did they whine so much ? what exactly changed for them. We've dealt their narrative a death blow but what else. Aren't they still able to cause the same havoc.

After the FATF meet, all diplomatic ways to reverse the situation will be exhausted.

Then the gloves will come off. What happens next. Wait and see.

When asked when restrictions would be relaxed PM said 4 months. 4 months from when ?

If its Aug that puts it in Dec. What happens to J&K in Dec. Gets cold. Very cold. Nobody is coming out on the streets in that weather. The earliest anything can start is end Feb or March. This gives two months to test prepare for trouble that no restrictions will produce.

You see the thought put into this move now. The timing :)

#2 is Yogi Adityanath. RSS is dead set to project him as the next PM.
So i've heard but he is what ? still a first time CM. He's a bit green around the ears. Can he win a second term with a bigger margin ? Keep in mind people didn't vote Yogi into office

See, the BJP did not announce who the CM candidate would be for their party. Because there were ten factions all vying for the top post in UP and the patronage perks that flow. If they named the CM candidate before the elections the other nine would work against them. Insane but that is the reality of so called 'nationalist' party. Yogi only found out he was CM when he was refused his passport to go to Singapore for a conference. He couldn't leave the country. He was being made CM.

If Kashmir is stuck in 90s, I can only imagine which era Bihar, UP, Jharkhand and Orissa are in.
J&K should be earning much more than the present basket case that it is. Hydro & tourism.

A report from 2016 showed we spent ten times per head of population over there than elsewhere. What good did that do ?

What would Bihar, UP, Jharkhand & Orissa be like if we spent that kind of money in each of those states.

How many people have landlines these days? Is it even worth it to block landline calls?
J&K govt offices have landlines. Apparently rumours were centre wanted to avert a possible mutiny from the local administration. Oh yeah they even thought of that angle.

When that threat never materialised they relaxed restrictions a week or so after Aug 5.

Shah's counter about internet & mobile telephony restrictions

Mobiles came to India in 1995, but reached Kashmir in 2003. They weren't there for eight years. Was Article 370 revoked then?
Internet reached Kashmir 12 years after it came to India. Was Article 370 revoked then?: HM @AmitShah

His job is to keep loss of life to a minimum. And there have already been a few incidents.

Are you aware that there is an acute shortage of food & medicines there? School and colleges are shut and so is tourism. Farmers are not able transport products like Apples out of the state.

What acute shortage of food & medicines ?

This is the part that makes me livid

The Wall Street Journal’s story on empty hospitals and a medical crisis, on the other hand, are complete fabrication and lead one to question if the two journalists were deliberately twisting facts or were being fed by their stringers.

So the WSJ made up their story, They're not the only ones. WAPO too

Did you hear about the kids that got picked up. Imran was raving about that at the UN. Two social workers had to move the Supreme court about that story.

Does the Supreme court have better things to do than rebut what foreign publications with an agenda print.

About tourism, see here

About Apple farmers, the govt offered to buy the entire seasons crop. Done. Now when shifting the apples out this happens. And this

Now tell me who is against the apple farmers ? Who is trying to prevent internet & mobile telephony from being restored ?

So what is the plan ? it is to cause economic hardship and this will force people out on the streets to protest.

Then the world's papers can say see how bad India is.

So yeah, i think we need to discuss J&K some more now :)

Will accept the same condition in your home state?
False equivalence. My state is not a 'disturbed' state. Disturbed means 100 people have to die and this state of affairs is then ongoing for an extended period of time.

The govt is going hammer & tongs at the perpetrators. Slowed it enough to dismantle the trouble makers. There is lot more left to do.

Last edited:
Back