Blogspot/blogger.com questions

Praks

Skilled
Hi all,

Have few questions on blogspot. Not very good at CSS/XML hence unable to modify the template.
1 - One of the template has URL at the bottom which needs to be removed. When XML file is opened, I cant see the URL, however I can see other items of footer (e.g. Copyright xyz)
Bottom code of XML shows grabbled characters, Does it mean code is encrypted ? How to remove this URL ?

2 - Can any one suggest how to format posts with good formatting styles like quotes, paragraph inside a box etc ? Google search gave only few useful results.

3 - Is it possible to host a blog on custom domain while main site is already there ? This is bit complicated, here is the situation.
Main site e.g. www.xyz.com is hosted on blogspot using custom domain & it will be always static (displays products of a company), now company likes to start blog too with daily 1-2 posts.
Is it possible to have something like blog.xyz.com using custom domain ? If yes how to do it.

Hi all,
3 - Is it possible to host a blog on custom domain while main site is already there ? This is bit complicated, here is the situation.
Main site e.g. www.xyz.com is hosted on blogspot using custom domain & it will be always static (displays products of a company), now company likes to start blog too with daily 1-2 posts.
Is it possible to have something like blog.xyz.com using custom domain ? If yes how to do it.

This could be done easily, just follow the steps mentioned @
http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1233381&page=ts.cs

I am not an expert on these , this is what I did for my domain with similar requirement:
Assuming the problem is:
1. You have a custom domain xyz.com.
2. You have a blog xyz123.blogspot.com
3. Now you want users of blog.xyz.com to be redirected to xyz123.blogspot.com, leaving xyz.com for other details.

If the above is correct, then all you need to do is , add a new CNAME record using the DNS management console for your custom domain. (I did the same thing for my domain)
New CNAME record:
Name : blog
Value: ghs.google.com
Then follow the steps mentioned in the link (blogger> setting), select Advanced setting and in the text box labelled (http://) type blog.xyz.com

@theoracle
You got that right buddy. In short do I require two diff blogs ?

Reason being,
xyz.com is hosted on xyz.blogspot.com
so If I need something like blog.xyz.com then I need to create new blog on blogger like xyz123.blogspot.com

Then I have to go ahead with above process, Right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@theoracle
You got that right buddy. In short do I require two diff blogs ?

Reason being,
xyz.com is hosted on xyz.blogspot.com
so If I need something like blog.xyz.com then I need to create new blog on blogger like xyz123.blogspot.com

Then I have to go ahead with above process, Right ?
Yes if you need a separate content for blog.xyz.com then you need to create a new blogger like xyz123.blogspot.com and continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if you need a separate content for blog.xyz.com then you need to create a new blogger like xyz123.blogspot.com and continue.

Thank you. Very helpful. Do you mind to PM me your site, would like to check the functionality.

Can you help on this, Specially Point 2. I am sure you would be using different formats to post.

1 - One of the template has URL at the bottom which needs to be removed. When XML file is opened, I cant see the URL, however I can see other items of footer (e.g. Copyright xyz)
Bottom code of XML shows grabbled characters, Does it mean code is encrypted ? How to remove this URL ?

2 - Can any one suggest how to format posts with good formatting styles like quotes, paragraph inside a box etc ? Google search gave only few useful results.

Back