books help

nfsfan

Adept
hi all

searched around the forum for a while, and then decided to post this as i wanted help for a large range of subjects.

i currently have my c/c++ books but i will have to return them to the college book bank this summer.:mad:

so i need books for these which are exhaustive and have good range of questions..must be really exhaustive covering the minute mistakes one can make.for example the errors in syntax of a code...:S

also this summer i will have my summer training (nt training really a college course) on .NET ... so i need good exhaustive books on those as well . considering i will be beginning some game programming :clap: as a part of my summer project do i need any book materials or are the ebooks enough ?any ebook suggestions??

also next semester i'll have subjects such as linux&x-windows ,java and DBMS.any suggestions for good books on these??

My personal favourites are "Thinking in C++" and "Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore".

I would suggest you to take additional
"Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen" its not of C++ but general algorithms.

If you are really really interested in programming then I suggest "Art of Computer Programming by Knuth" warning not for weak hearted.

For Java I suggest "Java Complete Refrennce"

guys...want to the market today..saw those wiley books on .net...were 4 books on c# itself :( let alone asp and vb or vbscript...

need some help here......

Bjarne Stroustrup any time... God of C++. I can never say I finished reading that book, everytime I read it I find new philosophy. Good book.

~LT

bought bjarne stroustrup today...was amazed seeing the depth of the language in that book...now awaiting some reply for good books on c#,VB,ASP....

for books on .net, dont buy any. rely on internet. try downloadind code from sourceforge, codeproject etc... and analyze them. read lots of articles.

Take up thinking in c++ only after you know something about it. It isn't a reference, or a study guide. It mainly focuses on good programming principles, so you can read it side by side with some other study guide

Back