Books on Cloud Computing

avi

Skilled
I want to learn more about Cloud Computing & I am interested to get into Research field for it [as it will be very helpful for MS]. All these I learnt & read from Google, now as I am considering it seriously, I need some good books.

I need books for beginners & also intermediate.

Can anyone suggest me few good books ?

See...cloud computing is more like a buzzword.

There are so many things, which comes into picture...when you say cloud-computing. Most important of them are cluster/nodes, parallel-computing, fault-tolerant systems, load-balancing and many others likely.

I think., wiki-page is good enough to start with..and than follow the topics which suits to your interests.

Understand the basics first...and than move on to particular topics.

Try and go through Amazon Web Services' site. Go through the kind of offerings that they have. This in general would give you an idea of what people are using cloud computing for. The site would have some good whitepapers too. Since it's a travel based reservation system you'd need very fast computing power - AWS would provide that. In one of their latest seminar they announced that they'd be offering super computer (basically an extremely powerful processing unit) as one of their instance offering (amazon instance = server on rent in naive terms). FB/Google both use parallel computing for their searches. Your project can propose something similar to what they do.

AFAIK, Cloud computing is a buzz word comprising of technologies like SAN and Virtualisation

Back