Okay... Although I would like to think that I am know it all; I know I am not. which is the reason I am starting this thread. Its been a while and I havnt updated my pc just because I didnt need to. even today, I can play all the games that I have at ultra settings on my pc. but then, I always liked building pcs but didnt have motivation recently due to intel's complacency. I always have been a amd fan and finally amd convinced me that threadripper is a good processor. So this build would be a ryzen build. I have few design principles that I would like to follow, but clueless on few other things. And thats where I would like everyone's inputs.
- Processor is chosen, it would be threadripper 2 32 core. I would put preorder on the day they announce it.
- Liquid cooling is a big question mark, I dont really have time to overclock. Also, talk is that overclocking 32core would consume a lot of power. but more importantly... I dont have time to babysit the PC.
- I want to make this desktop look good. really good. I wont mind liquid cooling if it makes the pc look good instead of cooling the pc. but then, I dont want to go overboard with RGB lighting. more of artistic modding and vinyl sticker cutting etc...
- I am confused with graphics card. feels like Vega 64 is not good enough and they will release next card sometime next year. I was thinking may be stick with current graphics card until next one is released or go with Vega 64.
- Screen is another big question. I want it to be 4k. I do photo/video editing some times and like accurate colors. like technicolor certified etc... at the same time I need gaming too. hence the confusion.
- I kinda like Asus products because of the way they provide stable drivers and software. which is the same exact reason I hate corsair h100i and the cpu aio, it was a pain in the butt to even change the rgb color.
- Its been a while since I built my last pc. which means that I am not up to date with the current manufacturers and trends like cases and other peripherals.